[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it that bad? Should I give it a try in the emulator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Mph_boxart.jpg (68 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
Mph_boxart.jpg
68 KB, 500x451
Is it that bad? Should I give it a try in the emulator?
>>
>>322109712
It's good fun as a handheld FPS, especially for its age. I can't imagine the control scheme emulating well.
>>
multiplayer was fun but horribly imbalanced

the single player campaign is lame
>>
It's less of a Metroid game than Other M.

Think about that.
>>
>>322109712

Aiming is with touchscreen (I think) so emulating would probably be shitty or just too much effort.
>>
>>322109712

The game was pretty much built for the MP aspect, which turned out surprisingly good and remained healthy for a decent stretch of time. The SP component is okay at best.
>>
Once you get used to the controls it's the best handheld fps imo
Once you git gud it kinda reminds me of quake. Make sure you have friends to play with, the single player is kinda shit
>>
Multiplayer was great fun, and you can still at least dick around with bots.
Single player is OK, but it only has 3 bosses(4 if you count the TLB). Also the lore is sorta stupid
>we couldn't find a way to defeat this terrible evil
>oh but this dangerous superweapon we sealed away because of its extreme power works great :^)
>>
It was great for multiplayer. Reminded me of slower UT. But single player is the worst of all Metroid games.
>>
I think the controls are a bit clunky when emulated, but it might be worth it just for the visuals alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae1dcvPXryM

It almost has a bit of a late 90's PC FPS look to it.
>>
>>322109712
It's really fun if you have people to play with. But I wouldn't emulate it unless you have an r4, aiming is based on the stylus, though I don't remember if they put a button - only control scheme in.
>>
Better than other m.
The best part was the mp though
>>
>>322109712
not that bad but just boring sp desu
>>
>>322109712
They basically tried to expand the quakey multiplayer mode from Prime 2 and make a full game out of it.
Nintendo forced them to add a campaign and put the whole thing on an impractic touchscreen handheld that was technically weak and needed some games.
That's what I think how it went, at least. They should make a proper MP game for the NX but kek it's Metroid.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.