[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 7087x3176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 7087x3176
So, a game playing as Zero during WWI or one as the Boss during WWII?
>>
A game playing as Ocelot's son fighting ISIS.
>>
File: Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg (967 KB, 1440x4676) Image search: [Google]
Kojima - The boss game noramndy.jpg
967 KB, 1440x4676
>>322105456
The Boss one.
Sad thing really, since Kojima had already planned that thing during MGR's development. Now it's never ever gonna happen.
>>
>>322105456
It's dead anon, let it go
>>
>>322105456
zero durring ww1? man tha's going to be boring why not the end durring the civil war it could be like a cross between metal gear and ass creed
>>
>>322105456
The guy on the left is Raiden?
>>
How about forget the prequels even exist and keep making MGR games
>>
File: 1449350559615.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449350559615.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>322105596
>ocelot having heterosexual sex
>>
Nothing. Just bury this dead series as it should've been after its peak, MGS3, to begin with.
>>
>>322106645
you mean 2

3 is the game that snowballed the series into hell, 2 was the ultimate form of everything that came before
>>
>>322106954
Fuck off nostalgia fag.
MGS2 was the rock bottom of the series.
>>
>>322106954
Fuck off, 2 is where it all went wrong

>Story was a bad version of 1 because T-THATS THE POINT
>Vamp
>Liquids return is through a fucking arm
>Raiden is a shitty antagonist B-BUT THAT'S THE POINT
>Liquid just leaves with a fucking Metal Gear and gets no closure other than "yeah I put on a tracker on him who cares lol"
>Nothing is answered because muh up for interpretation endings
>Solidus was a shitty antagonist
>Even with the upgraded gameplay, 1's bosses were still superior
>Shit level design and environments
>VAMP

3 wasn't too good but at least it was just a fun James Bond rip off with some innovative boss fights like how 1 was with Escape From LA instead of a shitty video game trying to be art
>>
>>322106954
Oh yeah, poor wording on my part. I fully agree, but I think 3 is a masterpiece like 1 and 2, even if it's very different and flawed in some ways.

2 was everything 1 was (quite literally) except better and more polished. Pretty much a perfect game.
>>
>>322106954

I always hear people say this, but having played the series up to 3 for the first time recently (just beat 3 yesterday), I have to say MGS2 was the worst one out of the 3. What did 3 do wrong? Only thing I can think of is maybe weapon balance during boss fights, but it's not even that bad. It was still a lot more enjoyable than 2.
>>
>>322107308
From a story perspective MGS3 was just a retread of MG1 with no substantial themes like the other two games, anything it does try to cover is only done superficially and had already been done better in the previous games.

The James Bond/Rambo aesthetic is overrated as fuck, I prefer the Technothriller vibes of MGS1/2/4
>>
>>322105456
BB stuff from mgs3 to PW. That or a co-op game of Raiden and Snake in the time before mgs4
>>
>>322107527
The Big Boss/Ocelot interactions alone were more entertaining than anything in 2 not including the tanker segment
>>
>>322107342
The better parts of 3 include its Boss Fights and humor, but for the most part its a poor man's Splinter Cell with lots of superficial mechanics like survival and camo.

MGS1/2 style had a beautiful simplicity that was lost when Snake Eater came along.
>>
>>322107626
>not including the tanker segment

wew lad check out this faggot

MGS2 is MGS2, dont play that stupid exception game
>>
>>322107626
What was entertaining about the Tanker segment that wasn't in the rest of the game?
>>
>>322107721
>poor man's splinter cell
No MGS game has you hiding in the plain sight in pre-determined shadow points.

Also I loved the change the MGS3 brought with its camo and survival. It felt like actually being an operator doing a blackop, in the enemy territory.
>>
>>322106954
Nqh. MGS3 was a fresh take.on mgs and tried to be different from MGS1/2 but at the same time keep what made the franchise iconic in the first place. It was a self contained story that didn't need any sequel
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-28-01-34-57.png (117 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-28-01-34-57.png
117 KB, 720x1280
What do you guys think it could be? My friend and I are hoping that it's a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 in fox engine sine we don't want the Solid games to be made without Kojima.
>>
2 should have just been a Liquid game and unrelated to 1
>>
>>322106128
Are you a "hurr WW1 = trench warfare" faggot?
>>
>>322107926
idk, I prefer the arcade type of stealth, and in many ways its actually more realistic to me.

If I want the slow paced, methodical stealth I'd play SC or Thief. MGS always shined with its fast-paced & binary type of stealth.
>>
Prequel shit ruined it

Kojima got tied up in knots trying to reconcile the Big Boss story with the Solid Snake/Raiden story and it didn't work.
>>
>>322107721

The survival mechanics felt kinda pointless considering you always had everything you needed and just needed to pause the game to do shit (dunno if resources are more scarce at higher difficulties). Still hardly intrusive to actual gameplay. I guess the same can be said for camo, but it's hardly something you can say ruined the series.
>>
>>322108179
Oh of course, if I'm saying MGS3 ruined anything its the overall canon. The gameplay was just a little experimental, I liked the bosses alot
>>
>>322108023
It could and will be shit, that's for sure.
>>
I want a Raiden one with MGSV's stealth and MGR's combat

Metal Gear Solid as the last boss, a Metal Gear with Snake's AI
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.