[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth? What's the difference between this and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: 256px-Ttsbox.jpg (25 KB, 256x359) Image search: [Google]
256px-Ttsbox.jpg
25 KB, 256x359
Is it worth? What's the difference between this and the PS1 versioN? Besides graphics
>>
Everything you love is burned to the ground right in front of you.
>>
>>322102054
Cutscenes that are overblown crazy shit which is good if you like that sort of thing but otherwise it's just MGS 1 with MGS 2 gameplay which runs the Ocelot fight thanks to first person mode.
>>
>>322102054
First person mode makes the entire game so fucking easy.

But if you want ridiculous cutscenes, better graphics and an easy as hell game just play this version.
>>
>>322102054
No, it is awful.

-You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
-the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
-the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
-The Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
-The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
-To be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.
>>
>>322102541
>The Twin Snakes also looks fugly

this. even MGS2 looks better which doesnt make sense because most times gamecube games look better than the PS2
>>
File: MGS1 vs MGS TS - docks.jpg (421 KB, 1273x443) Image search: [Google]
MGS1 vs MGS TS - docks.jpg
421 KB, 1273x443
>>322102863
shitty artists and no proper art-directing.
The fact that they changed the dark and high-contrast style to "tint everything in cyan, because that's like cold, right?" is a good proof of 2nd tier graphical designer. Things also look too clean, and characters are too waxy and anorectic.
>>
Some voice actor from a guy that appears for a couple of minutes combined was changed.

Cutscenes are crazy but that's a good thing.

AI is harder to accomodate for the new mechanics. People say these new mechanics make the game too easy since the game was not designed for them. So just don't use them. I didn't and was perfectly fine. (First Person Shooting and ledge grabbing).

It's just a better game. Controls are much better than anything the PS1 controller and framerate would even dream of offering. And well, it just looks a million times better so that's a plus with no downsides.
>>
>>322102863
>The gamecube was more powerfull than the PS2 guys I swear!!!
Can't we just stop with this meme?
>>
It's great but butthurt nostalgiafags will tell you it's shit because hurpdurp muh childhood
>>
>>322103227
Call me when you find a PS2 game that runs at 60 FPS while looking good or not being 2D
>>
Meryl's panties are more detailed
>>
>>322102054
Twin Snakes has shity voice acting, shit cut scenes, shut gameplay tweaks and decisions.

Metal Gear Solid on the other hand is still a still a god tier game.
>>
>>322103332
God of War 1 and 2?
>>
>>322103227
I found it pretty interesting that nearly every Gamecube game supports 480p while only 10% of PS2 games support 480p. Good luck finding a Gamecube component cable or a monitor that actually natively support 480p. Good thing I have a 20L5. I hate that 480i jitter.
>>
>>322103485
GoW on PS2 has the same framerate stability as Bayonetta 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogzfcYWsjoI
>>
>>322103485
This
>>
>>322103034
Holy shit how do you make a game look less detailed in a remaster?
The poles in the foreground are just black lines.
>>
>>322103626
Yeah, so?
Still a constant 60fps
>>
>>322103552
Good think Nintendon't exists. GCN with HDMI looks beautiful. You forget you are playing in 480p. Sometimes I have trouble finding aliasing.
>>
>>322103720
>Still a constant 60fps

PS2 is the one on the right.
>>
File: TS- otacoooon.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
TS- otacoooon.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>322103645
>remaster
it's a total "remake". However, the end-result was a complete DE-make.
>>
Bought it, but the label had a scratch in the label (you can see thourgh it a little), so i guess it doesn't work.

My plan was buying the game, then the console, but now i don't know if i want to be dissapointed.
>>
>>322103938
you're far off emulating the PS1 original.
>>
>>322103626
But Bayonetta 2 is always 60 fps
>>
>>322102541
Don't stop there, Anon

>Killing enemies is mandatory in MGS1 and Liquid mentions this to Snake. The M9 you get for no-kill run contradicts this message
>Sniper Wolf's death scene is completely awful in every way, going so far as to add comic relief from Otacon when it's supposed to be emotional.
>Gamecube controller simply does not have enough buttons to do everything MGS2 can do, like having to hold three buttons just to run with the FAMAS
>Easter egg calls and some boss fight mechanics removed
>Backtracking reduced. Arguably a desired change, but ruins the pacing of final codec calls and removes the challenge of retreading familiar areas with different guard patrols. (It's just like ten fucking minutes)
>>
File: 1445229116867.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445229116867.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>322103863
>>
>>322104267
damn liquid is a big possy clat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE

every time
>>
People overstate its flaws. It's still fun. The game becomes easier because of MGS2 mechanics, but the AI is also improved to compensate a lot of stuff. People tend to not mention that.
>>
>>322104631
personally I think that most people UNDERSTATE how poorly constructed it is. The AI is also dumb as fuck, and this version is way too forgiving in every possible way as well.
>>
Game is way harder than MGS1 desu.
>>
>>322104186
>Killing enemies is mandatory in MGS1 and Liquid mentions this to Snake. The M9 you get for no-kill run contradicts this message
The kills you are forced to do in MGS1 are very few, the message still makes little sense. And it happens again in MGS2, it has the same "flaw". The story never really changes for going pacifist in any game.
>>
>>322104797
No, it is not.
>>
>>322104887
Yes it is. Stop using first person mode.
>>
>want to play the series
>ive already read and watched so much about all the mainline games that i know the stories and the big twists
is the series still going to have much of an impact on me when i know whats coming already?
>>
>>322105182
mgs1 is the only good game in the series
rising is the only good spin off
>>
>>322105182
Probably not. Games are still fun as hell to play, though. There's a reason you watched so much, it's because the replayability in the games are great.
>>
>>322102054
The difference is that Twin Snakes is canon.
>>
Only garbage people defend Twin Snakes.

>>322105402
Nice meme
>>
>>322105163
>Hurr you just gotta stop using THE biggest, most commonly utilized and actually helpful gameplay addition to make the game good!
Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
Twin Snakes = OoT 3DS

Both are better than the originals in every way, but butthurt nostalgiafaggots will still claim that the originals are better for no tangible reason, only "muh charm" and "muh atmosphere"
>>
File: this is why he has a lighter.png (34 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
this is why he has a lighter.png
34 KB, 320x241
>/v/ bashes twin snakes yet praises REmake for bastardizing the original

All of you should be shot.
>>
>>322105163

Just like how FEAR is the perfect tactical shooter if you stop abusing leaning and slow motion? Just like how DMC Devil May Cry is one of the best in the series (or at least on par with DMC1) as long as you avoid spamming the hammer, the flying disk and the dodge buffs?
>>
>>322105862
REmake doesn't have retarded cutscenes.
>>
i like mgs1 and tts.
If it weren't for the controls being mapped so differently from the ps2 MGS games I think TTS would be the definitive version of MGS1 :)
>>
File: 1408309887251.jpg (21 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1408309887251.jpg
21 KB, 400x240
I like both, MGS1 is the definitive experience but the improvements from TTS are welcome, and the cutscenes are always good for a laugh.
>>
>>322106090

Nor does it trivialize the game or make it look like shit.
>>
>>322106392
Also, going down the tower without a rope is just hilarious.
>>
>>322106090
>REmake doesn't have retarded cutscenes.

Confirmed for never being a metal gear fan

All of cut screens are retarded, take off the nostalgia googles, if you even have any
>>
>>322105784
No. Fuck off.
3DS is at least passable and mostly 1:1 adaptation.

TTS is practically a brand new game, shitting on everything that made the original good.
>>
I haven't seen much of The Twin Snakes cutscenes.
Can someone show me the most amusing of TTS's cutscenes?
>>
>>322106757
>shitting on everything that made the original good

Wanna provide some examples?
>>
>complaining about twin snakes having retarded cutscenes

Have you fags actually played any MGS games? They're constantly retarted shit and the story is moronic.
>>
New voice acting is shit
New music arrangement is shit
Over the top cutscenes (a matter of taste but they are way over the top, even by later MGS standards)
first person view breaks the game
Original models look terrible and contrast in quality with the re-used ps2 assets
sanitized, "more-accurate" (aka literal) script
>>
File: TS - STEALTH.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
TS - STEALTH.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>322106831
See: >>322102541, >>322103863 and these.

>>322106869
read: >>322102541
>>
>>322103863

Wait was this actually in the game? I think I got the meryl ending. This isn't real right? They made it in G-mod?
>>
>>322106923
>mfw people say first person view ruined the difficulty of an already easy game
>mfw people defend the key card backtracking in the original because muh codec calls
>>
>>322106959
>all of those opinions
>all of those comparisons to msg2 rather than the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqq8uqSDnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IN6AixUhU

This is also a test to see if you are deaf and musically retarded as well.

Which sounds better? The the 3 min loop of grain or the clear song with build and multiple melodies?
>>
>>322104824

What, you kill at least 30-40 soldiers running up the stairs, easy. Forced to kill 9 soldiers in the prison cell, and another dozen on the elevator ride to vulcan raven.
>>
File: ts ocelot gun drop.webm (611 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
ts ocelot gun drop.webm
611 KB, 854x480
>>322107196
It is real. All the WEBMs ITT are.
It's the Otacon ending.

>>322107267
The original, faggot.
>>
>>322107290
>What, you kill at least 30-40 soldiers running up the stairs, easy
What really? It never feels like this.
>>
>>322107397
So yes, you now admit you wearing nostalgia googles googles so thick your opinion couldn't matter less

good to know
>>
>>322107267

Gray Fox's confession and sacrifice was RUINED just by the simple change of music for the scene, that and gray foxes new unemotional voice acting and shitty new script.

The new OST is shit. Doesn't matter if they are better composed if they aren't used effectively.

https://youtu.be/SNLB-xZMaVA?t=58
https://youtu.be/RKLc3ZIVxew?t=233
>>
File: ts BACKFLIP.gif (897 KB, 240x136) Image search: [Google]
ts BACKFLIP.gif
897 KB, 240x136
>>322107267
The original is more melodic, recognizable, and not just generic hollywood ambience bullshit.

Dunno why you're even comparing these songs, since neither of them really show up during the GAMEs. The lack of ENCOUNTER in TTS is already bad enough.

>>322107565
>nostalgia goggles
I actually started MGS series with TTS. Had I not played the original some years later, I'd be calling all you fags some delusional 15yos who just like whacky Matrix moves.

Also I play MGS1 semi-annually. It still holds up. TTS I don't even wanna touch anymore.
>>
>>322107651
>muh opinions shaped by muh first experience

Its ruined for you because your a closed minded dolt
>>
>>322107565
>M-muh nostalgiah!
Nintenkids and their silly memes.
>>
>>322107731

Watch the two scenes objectively with no bias, and you can clearly see which scene is more emotional and effective.
>>
>>322107731
>inferior dialog
>inferior voice acting
>laughably bad directing and design in general
Are you a Nintendo fag, or just blind?
>>
>>322107731
>responds a minute later

How about you actually watch and compare the two scenes I presented before regurgitating an opinion.
>>
>>322107782
>raspy and barely understandable is emotional now

Are you autistic? Did you think Stallone's speech at the end of the expendables 2 was just the most moving thing ever or something for you?
>>
>>322106550
>REmake
>metal gear solid
you fucked up m8
>>
>>322102541
>>322104186
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but did they change a lot of the voice acting from like Mei Ling and Nastasha to remove their accents? I played the original again recently and thought that was a weird choice, as they didn't sound like stereotypes in the PSX game. They just had distinctive accents.
>>
File: 1434330941789.jpg (7 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
1434330941789.jpg
7 KB, 250x211
>>322108005

Damn son, that's some fine b8
>>
>>322107651

I'm a sucker for Greg Eagles' weird Afrikaner accent. It may not be a well-done accent, but at least there's something behind it.
>>
>>322107680
>The original is more melodic, recognizable, and not just generic hollywood ambience bullshit.

Nice buzzwords
>>
>>322107534
Are you kidding? It felt like two hundred to me. Worst segment in the game.
>>
>>322108060
They re-did ALL the voice-acting. Some characters got all new actors too. Most of the new lines sound like the actors were bored as hell of repeating the same shit once again.

The only one that actually got slightly improved was Liquid.
>>
>>322108171
>he didn't use Stun grenades
>>
>>322108171
Feels like less than 10 when I usually go through it. Unless I forget you can skip that one frozen door in which case I usually take high damage and then it feels longer.
>>
>>322102054
It's fucking shit. Controls are ruined because the gamecube controller is retarded. Gameplay is ruined because you have a 3D engine working with 2D level design. Cutscenes are ruined because the director watched the Matrix the night before scripting them. Voice acting is ruined because the returning cast were lazy and obviously only there for about a weekend, rerecording lines just for a small paycheck. It seriously sounds like the first reading of the dialogue got put into the final version. Even the "graphical improvement" is nothing but a buzzword. The models may be higher poly but the color and design of the environments was changed from ambient blue/green to gross black/brown all across the board. It looks like they turned Super Mario into Far Cry 2. Overall a shit remake that bares little resemblance to anything MGS.
>>
>>322105334

MGS2 enemy AI is best, MGS3 characters and music is best, MGS4 gameplay is best. MGS1 excels only in setting, maybe in story if you overlook the "love on a battlefield" crap they force down your throat. Otherwise, story goes to MGS3 for being self contained and for making you feel genuine emotions.
>>
I've never played it, but I'm sure it's worth playing. I wouldn't look at it as a remake though rather than just an alternate version of MGS1 on the MGS2 engine.

Graphcially I think it loses a lot of the dark, grimy and cold feel that MGS1 had. Shadow Moses really looked like a place that was absolutely freezing cold. In TTS it looks very clean and almost plastic in a way.

The music has more in common with MGS2 and only has very few of the tracks from MGS1. That doesn't mean that the music is bad, it's just not the same. MGS1 has one of the best soundtracks ever, very memorable, TTS' isn't anything like it.
>>
>>322108754
>I've never played it, but I'm sure it's worth playing.

Alright you can fuck off with worthless opinion.
>>
>>322108754
+ the cutscenes are ridiculous but enjoyable in a way. I think it's fine.

>>322108891
You seem very frustrated about nothing.
>>
>>322102541
>-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements
Thats false. There are lot of new enemy placements, also MGS2 AI is much more capable.
If you play nolethal\notranq, gameplay is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7l3_f0C_Z0
Anyway when i played for the second time just for laughs I couldnt get past this battle. That horrible music and nonexistent engine are just too bad to bear.
>>
>>322104824
>The kills you are forced to do in MGS1 are very few, the message still makes little sense
The minimum number of people that you have to kill in order to beat MGS1 is between 19-24 (depending on luck). I would say that murdering nearly two dozen people is worthy of being called a "killer." His point being that you can beat TTS with zero kills and Liquid will still call you that.
>And it happens again in MGS2, it has the same "flaw".
No it doesn't. Canonically, Raiden still killed many people as a child soldier, regardless of what the player did in the game. This is what Solidus is referring to when he calls him Jack the Ripper. You could argue that this also applies to Snake in TTS, except for the fact that Liquid mentions "my comrades" specifically, which means it must have been the player's doing and creates a plot hole.
>The story never really changes for going pacifist in any game
Nonlethal =/= pacifist.
>>
>>322102054
shit's hilarious - definitely worth a play after beating PSX version
>>
>>322110156
>The minimum number of people that you have to kill in order to beat MGS1 is between 19-24 (depending on luck).
Really? I'm sure it must be under 10 or something like that.

After all even in segments like when you get caught talking to Meryl the first time or when you go up the tower you don't have to kill anybody.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.