[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: falllges.jpg (12 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
falllges.jpg
12 KB, 299x168
-
-
i feel let down

>that same post-gay sex feeling we can all relate to

I feel like Fallout 4 tried hard to be fun...but they had too much time money
>>
>>322100541
>I feel like Fallout 4 tried hard
i think you're the first person to say that
>>
A good chunk of the map being settlement shit killed it for me.

Most of the enemies in the game being really easy to kill and spread too thin to be a threat only made it worse. It was disappointing even for a Bethesda game.
>>
>>322100541
I don't really hate it, but maybe it's because my expectations weren't that high.

I was disappointed in their weapons design and the fact that they went back on a lot of the improvements Obsidian made in FNV but it was pretty fun regardless. Currently waiting for the GECK to come out so modders can unfuck the game. It's going to be the next Skyrim except in a universe that isn't hot garbage.
>>
Reminder despite how many hate threads you make, it will go on to be a massive success and be enjoyed by millions. Just like Skyrim.

Remain butthurt.
>>
>>322101203
But then why didn't it win GOTY?
>>
>>322101272
More good games to contend with this year in my opinion
>>
>tried hard
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh -- You're serious? Well that's just depressing.
>tried hard
Jesus.

>50% less quests than skyrim
>THAN FUCKING SKYRIM
>more casual than skyrim
>more fucking casual than fucking skyrim. We're talking mobile and facebook games now
>dialogue wheel in what was once a fully fledged RPG
>all dialogue leads to the same thing
>you can literally make conversations make no sense, because you can pick a legitimate wrong answer
>a wrong fucking answer.
>so much hand holding in quest chains that almost every single NPC in the game is essential
>factions tied to main story
>forced main character and back story which ruins any and all roleplaying
>voice acting -- shit voice acting at that
>guns feel worse than half life fucking one there is no variation to how they are used and there is no proper shooting mechanics. i.e. bullet drop, bullet time, shooting further than 300 yards (this is especially bullshit when you want to use a sniper rifle and can't shoot someone because they're just at the end of the bullets distance. Even fucking Battlefield 1 had this crap) video related
>one of the worst view distances in history for an open world game, after 50 odd yards, the game turns into a ps1 game. this is especially noticeable when again, using a sniper rifle
>shit graphics in comparison to other open world games released at the same time, or even before it (witcher, GTA 5, the new Battlefield etc. etc.)
>too limited gun selection
>perks are boring
>too easy to get strong
>bosses are easy
>enemies are easy
>super mutants are just bandits now and just as easy to kill
>Deathclaws are gutter trash and able to be one shotted even on Legendary Difficulty

Honestly the worst game I've played this year. I'm glad I pirated that piece of crap.
>>
>>322100943
When is the GECK coming anyway

You'd think Beth would release the editor alongside the game, but whatever man
>>
>>322101461

IIRC after all the DLC is released
>>
I would have more fun playing Pit-Fighter than Fallout 4. I don't think F4 is terrible, it was just such a let down that it took any joy out of it for me.
>>
>>322101461
>When is the GECK coming anyway
Some time soon™ in January according to Devblog. First DLC is supposed to come right after. The fucking thing was supposed to be released in December, but that never happened.

>You'd think Beth would release the editor alongside the game
They wanted us to play the game without mods instead of instantly patching their fucking stupidity.

Regardless, NV is still the best in the FPS Fallout games.
>>
>>322100541
>>322100541
I feel like it was a wasted opportunity. Take the Combat Zone for example, a fighting arena for raiders with bets and a bar which could've been a whole settlement which you could interact with, but the only thing you do there is the same thing you do in 90% of all places in the game : kill raiders.
>>
anyone else thought the weapons were very lacking? half of them weren't either useless (pipe weapons) and the other half weren't even all that good or fun to use. laser rifle felt weak as fuck for example. dosent help that the skill tree is pretty useless unlike new vegas.

NV>4>shit>3
>>
It's exactly what I expected it to be. People who continue to believe Bethesda are much better than they are should clear their eyes to avoid disappointment from any future titles.
>>
Skyrim with guns

>on my way to clear out an area of raiders in between quests of clearing areas of raiders so I can get back to clearing areas of raiders
>find a cool robot race track
>oh maybe there's a little gambling minigame or interesting questline or something
>no
>you just have to clear the area of raiders

How do normies find this fun.
>>
File: 1413112831009.png (261 KB, 569x563) Image search: [Google]
1413112831009.png
261 KB, 569x563
it got way to easy once you become lvl 20 and get the more powerful skills.

>become a sneak god
>have blitz so can literally teleport behind you
>have ninja perk so i do shit load of sneak damage
>have a silencer hunting rifle
>kill everything before they can even touch me.
>>
>>322101802
Raiders who arent even part of a gang and have the faction goal of being fucking easy to kill mooks

Seriously every raider faction actually had character in NV, why is Bethesda so lazy
>>
>>322101839
Sometimes in this game it feels the weapon mods are in there to justify a lack of weapon variety and the fact that most of them are shit
>>
>>322101349
They do all this shit and they cant manage 5 seconds inbetween shitting on a franchise to bring back cherchez la femme so i cant play my wheeling dealing son of a gun lesbo trader

I mean i shouldn't expect shit after voiced protagonist but with all the sjw pandering why couldnt they at least do this
>>
They are trying to appeal to people who didn't even like the Fallout series in the first place...

Bethesda changed a lot of things we used to love from previous games, speculating it wouldn't be enough to turn us off, while at the same time "you could introduce the game to your typical CoD stupid ass friend". Quote 100% real from Bethesda.
>>
>>322102279
The weapon modding is garbage since there's no reason not to just pick whatever gives the most damage/DPS, everything else is sub-optimal

New Vegas did it right, you had a large variety of weapons AND optional weapon mods that didn't just increase damage
>>
>>322103338
plus, you had different ammo typs to chose from as well.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.