[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Satellite Reign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.13.05).png (817 KB, 960x527) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.13.05).png
817 KB, 960x527
Has anyone here bought this game? Looks great and the idea sounds like my kind of game. I also hear this is a remake of an oldie. I'd like to get some thoughts just to see if it was worth anyone's while so far.
>>
>>322098749
Steam reviews say "Very positive".
What else do you need?

Do you like the genre?
Buy it, set an alarm to 1h50 and play for that amount of time.
Did you like it? Good. Maybe write a positive review too.
You did not like it? Well, issue a refund and carry one. Maybe write a review. You only lost 1h50 of your life.
/v/ really can`t help you here.

I liked the game alot btw.
>>
>>322099297

Wow, I think this may be the first non-shitpost on /v/ in almost a month.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.33.02).png (60 KB, 610x746) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.33.02).png
60 KB, 610x746
>>322099297
>What else do you need?
I stick to the negative reviews first, a pre-release review going on to say it was somewhat-repetitive? I've seen YouTube videos claiming the controls are a little unresponsive at times or AI being a little stubborn.
So being that you played it yourself, how is the open-world part of this game like? Are the missions really the only drive to play the game? Is there any replay-value beyond that? So far this game looks really impressive but I'm hoping someone could get a little critical here for me.
>>
>>322098749
It has great mechanics and combat is fun. Beware, its not turn based, so maybe you want to compare it with Commandos or Desperrados instead of games like Jagged Alliance.
Could easily one of my favorite games of all times, the cyberpunk theme prevents that though. But thats just me i guess.
>>
>>322099952
>Beware, its not turn based
Yes, I am aware of that. The idea of some sort of real-time stealth strategy game is something I haven't seen in a long time, either that or I was looking in the wrong places. The Cyberpunk theme and setting doesn't really bother me.

My rig is a little outdated in some parts. Could you say this'll run some pretty nice0looking settings?
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.48.43).png (20 KB, 527x358) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-31+at+02.48.43).png
20 KB, 527x358
>>322100515
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 574395490_preview_map_small.jpg (2 MB, 1481x1863) Image search: [Google]
574395490_preview_map_small.jpg
2 MB, 1481x1863
>>322100515
You should be fine.

>>322099776

Its mostly the missions.
There are no silly side games like in other open world games like farcry.
There are hackable ATMs and scientists can be rescued too.

Pic related, the worldmap
>>
Game sucks. boring, only one city, you don't get an hq
>>
>>322101159
Interesting. Well then I'll consider buying it now, after all since it's for such a low price. But got some thoughts or some advice before going in?
>>322101304
Care to elaborate?
>>
Bump. So how is this game? I want muh cyberpunk corporations that's not Invisible Inc.
>>
>>322098749

Yes, it's a good game. Around 18-23 hours long.

And yes it's fairly repetetive, but well worth the time. Difficult at the start but soon after you get access to better equipment and guns it really opens up.

>>322099776

>how is the open-world part of this game like?
Full open world. You unlock more districts by doing certain missions, like blackmailing people or something to get permits. You could say fuck that and try to go through the checkpoints yourself without any permit which is also an option. A option filled with sentry guns and heavies.
>Are the missions really the only drive to play the game?
Eh, kind of. It has a very good atmosphere and it's actually fun to just walk around the city. Hijack some civilian and make him attack cops, or maybe hijack a soldier and send him to a rival faction and let them duke it out and then call reinforcement and watch a minor war erupt in front of your eyes.
>Is there any replay-value beyond that?
You can play the game again on Uber Damage or Iron Man and try to do missions differently, like pure stealth and so on. But other than that, no.

>>322101365

Yeah, go stealth at start. Your starting weapons sucks.

Also, level up Hijack, Hardwire and Hacking first. You need those skills, and Hijack lets you take command of enemy soldiers which is extremely useful at the beginning since you have no armor or shields.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.