[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Red Orchestra 2 players on here ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: RO2_SF_2011_Barrack_01-noscale.jpg (704 KB, 1980x1020) Image search: [Google]
RO2_SF_2011_Barrack_01-noscale.jpg
704 KB, 1980x1020
Any Red Orchestra 2 players on here ?
>>
Yes.

But also yes, too.
>>
Yes.

Who is excited for RS2?

I can't wait to BBQ me some zipperheads
>>
also yes.
>>
>>322087121
If you'd see one you'd be already dead.
>>
>>322087257
I'd buy it.

They make really fun FPS games that aren't like every other. If they put a lot into a better engine I'd buy that shit right up.
>>
File: 1446175365239.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1446175365239.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
>>322087257
>Buy custom helmet for $2.99
>Buy engraved M16 for $3.99
>Buy worn AK for $3.99
>>
>>322087213
>>322087257
>>322087258
>>322087267
You guys should add me on steam man
>>
If by "player" you mean "cannon fodder" then yes. I'm lucky to get even one kill per round. I just have no idea how to see people without being seen. Consistently I am the worst player on the team, but my GOD is it exhilarating to get a kill.
>>
>>322087331
>You guys should add me on steam man

To what end?
>>
>>322087329
I don't buy cosmetics. It only gets you singled out on the battlefield.
>>
File: 1449608760647.gif (94 KB, 315x572) Image search: [Google]
1449608760647.gif
94 KB, 315x572
>>322087331
nah i'm tired, in bed and shitpostan on v I don't feel like making new friends.
>>
>>322087438
rethink your positioning. 90% of farming kills is to get in a position where you know where the enemy is going to come from, and you sit and wait for them to try and push out.

That or get creative with your flanks, but yeah man you can't expect to see someone hiding prone in a push 100 yards away, all you can hope to do is keep your head down and get into a position where you can lay down some fire.
>>
>>322087438
>If by "player" you mean "cannon fodder" then yes. I'm lucky to get even one kill per round. I just have no idea how to see people without being seen. Consistently I am the worst player on the team, but my GOD is it exhilarating to get a kill.

My k/d ratio is about 85% in the Eastern Front. But I almost always play as rifleman.

In Rising Storm my k/d ratio is about 1.5 because I mostly play as knee mortar. It's like fishing.
>>
>>322087441
add me bro seserlok92
>>
>>322087609
>rethink your positioning.

This depends on how well you know the map. Some players have played certain maps hundred and hundreds of times.

If they made the map layout more random it would be more balanced between new players and old.
>>
>>322087721
What are you talking about? More random?
>>
>>322087513
ok
>>
>>322087709
>seserlok92

Sent.
>>
>>322087721
learning the map is a given. it is the first thing you need to do with any fps. Unless you're playing one with randomized maps like you've mentioned. I haven't seen that anywhere, is it fun?
>>
>>322087121
Drunk squad leader reporting in.

>>322087257
They need to release some more footage. I want to see more badly
>>
>>322087794
gotcha
>>
>>322087769
>What are you talking about? More random?

My idea is that a shooter level should have aspects that are not always the same. Mainly cover. Like if there was a car in the middle of a street one match, then the car isn't there, then the third time there is a pile of rubble. Or if there is multiple ways that the interior of a building can be, depending on how it is generated for that match.

Most of the skill in a FPS is in learning the maps. I think that is not a good thing. A small change can alter the field of fire and a great camping spot one match wouldn't exist in another. It would be hardcore.
>>
Game has some of the best gunplay mechanics I've encountered in recent vidya. Good heavy recoil but not to the point of exaggerated over the top recoil (squad and Arma3), ironsights encouraged but in a pinch you aren't completely fucked if you are hip-firing an SMG in a close quarters room.

RS2 gunna be fun. Assume they'll have SKS and M14s (full auto possible but that'll be like the AVT on full auto) to help offset the automatic nature of the AK and AR but I am curious how the gameplay will change with automatic weapons being the norm, not the exception.
>>
>>322088114
There will always be a limited number of differences. People will memorize and know the optimal strategy for them all
>>
>>322088152
You ever play Insurgency? Yeah, it'll be like that
>>
>>322087257
i havent bought rs1 but i will soon. this game is really addicting
>>
>>322087798
>I haven't seen that anywhere, is it fun?

I haven't seen it anywhere either.

I think it would make for a more hardcore experience. You wouldn't be able to dominate just because you played the map 50 more times than a noob. You'd have to rely on immediate tactical judgement and a even higher level of teamwork.
>>
Yeah, cannon fodder here. I feel so useless waiting around, but I suppose it's better than wasting tickets. The fishing analogy is good, never thought about it that way.

While I am thoroughly horrible at the game, I did have one moment of glory on the stationary MG in the Spartanovka gullies. The round had just started, I somehow ended up way behind the church. I figured no one would be expecting that MG so early.. And they didn't. I lost count of my kills that day. Ever since then I always vote for that map..
>>
>>322088385
Remember to turn manual bolting on. It is faster
>>
>>322088187
>There will always be a limited number of differences. People will memorize and know the optimal strategy for them all

It's still an improvement.
>>
>>322088452
Not really. If anything it's worse for new people because they think they know the map, but surprise it's different now.
>>
>>322088261
>Insurgency
its kinda meh honestly
>>
>>322088510
It's a lot like RO though. The gunplay and how fast you can die. RS2 will be like it no doubt. With how fully auto/semi auto is more common. Only it will be vietnam
>>
>>322088359
That's a neat idea but I imagine it would be hard to generate maps that are balanced and fun to play on. I think experienced players would still be able to dominate because they would be so used to exploiting the positioning on any map. Look at say, ace of spades, where the map would change routinely, you could still dominate in an unfamiliar environment. Not really what you're talking about but it's all i could think of.
>>
>>322088510
I really like insurgency but it's much more of a death match than RO2, I also hate certain maps because they restrict your access so hard sometimes that you just have to choose between 2 or 3 routes to take, it's just a meat grinder sometimes.

I'm really a fan of flanking and wiping out a whole sector of the map, sometimes I can't do that in ins. Great game though, the guns are satisfying to shoot.
>>
yes, the game is very enjoyable
>>
>a kid starts playing squad leader and yells "MAYDAY MAYDAY WE ARE UNDER ATTACK, I REPEAT WE ARE UNDER ATTACK" in his 11-year-old voice every time someone shoots at him
>>
>>322090003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_ZIESXads
>>
>>322090003
i love when people rp in voice chat it cracks me up without fail
>>
>>322090247
>>322090003
Sometimes when I play as nippon, I'll say shit in a heavy japanese accent.
It's funny because otherwise I never talk to anyone. I'm not sure why I do it.
>>
>end of the match, both sides are out of reinforcements
>my last teamate is killed and I'm up against 10 or more Russians
>mein gott, I'm actually picking them off with my rifle and constant flanking
>shit they have a tank looking for me
>get behind it and use them as cover
>nobody sees me, kill a few more
>out of ammo
>no nearby corpses, switch to binocs while weaving through ditches
>come face to face with Ivan
>shoots me once with a pistol before I somehow bash his head in with bonic melee
>so on edge I can hardly think, I feel like I just killed a man in real life

Gets foggy after that, I know they ended up killing me, after I gunned a guy who popped his head out of the tank.
>>
File: 1406043774526.png (109 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1406043774526.png
109 KB, 358x358
>>322090147
A friend of mine does it when we're playing dota 2, it's infuriating as fuck and I don't know why you can't have the decency to just mute yourself. It's 2 am and this guy just starts eating cereal in a fucking game that requires your attention without talking to me for 50 minutes straight because he's fucking eating his cereal.

What the fuck bro.
>>
>>322090147
>>322090387
are you this guy?

https://youtu.be/mhRPwVwTeGw?t=29
>>
>>322092639
were they team killing lol ?
>>
>>322092639

I lost my shit when he started executing deserters
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.