[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 238x293
Is this game good?
>>
No.

/Thread

>inb4 400 replies to the same thread that has been posted 5 times today.
>>
1 > New Vegas > 2 > 3 > 4

Only canon quality ranking
>>
>>322083842
What does it matter how many canons there are in a game? That's the most stupid thing I've read today, good job fagerino
>>
>>322083739
it doesn't feel like a fallout game it feels like a far cry skin
>>
Yeah, writing and voice acting is awful, and quest design and animations are meh, but otherwise it's great. Would be great to see Obsidian get their hands on it.

Cons
>shit writing
>shit voice acting
>dialogue wheel and voiced protag is a change for the worse and makes encounters much more brief and superficial (can't really talk and get a lot of history and backstory like in New Vegas. The need to always have four options leads to some odd and bizarre dialogue options that just come across as cringeworthy and retarded)
>invincible NPCs abound
>meh quest design, not a whole lot of freedom with quests or interaction between factions like New Vegas

Pros
>graphics and art direction are pretty good
>gunplay is loads better
>a lot more stable than previous Bethesda games
>level up system with perks is actually a big improvement imo and is a great change
>tons of weapon and armor options
>lots of companion options
>base building
>weapon and armor modding
>tons of fun areas to explore

Overall, you won't get the writing, quest design/freedom, and the intricacies of the faction conflicts like in New Vegas. But it's just a lot of fun to explore and level up and do quests and get new gear and so on.

Definitely worth a buy. I'm about 15 hours in and enjoying it quite a bit.
>>
>>322083739
Define good

Define game

Define is
>>
File: frank898989.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
frank898989.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>>322083739
the story is forced on you, there is very little in the way of character ambiguity, the aesthetics of the game are more on par with blade runner than a retro futuristic apocalypses, and it seems to want to be call of duty more so than an rpg, its ok not worth the hype or 60$
>>
>>322083831
>/thread on your own post

No wonder it hasn't even snowed yet.
>>
>>322083739
1=2=NV>4>3
imo

I like 4 so far, but its unoptimized as shit, filled with gamebreaking bugs, and has shit dialogue
>>
>>322084524

It's weapon and armor selection is fucking pitiful
>>
>>322084524
the only correct review
all these retards saying 1/10 so bad, on metacritic and other shit are just trying to lower the ratings but overall it is about a 7.5/10. Anyone that gives this game below a 5 has autism.
>>
>>322084524
why did you put base building in the pros column?
>>
>>322085472
i think he means in terms of modded weps if thats the case, probably has more weps than any game ever made, the combinations are quite large
>>
Only thing I like are some of the companions. Game managed to be a disappointment because I'm foolish and believed Todd's little lies.
>>
>>322085561
yeah, i feel the same way, easily a 7/10 game
it has issues
>>
>>322085665
Are you saying that the ability to build your own base is a bad thing?
>>
>>322085784
not at all base building can be really fun in animal crossing, but when im playing an "rpg" it becomes an unwanted distraction that takes away from the game
>>
>>322085682
The vast majority of weapons follow a very linear trail of progression

There's only one or two actual differences you can make with each gun, and that's usually just choosing between automatic or semi automatic, ammo type, or amount of beams in laser guns

And there's only like 4 forms of layorable armor. Leather, Metal, Combat and Raider.
>>
>>322086086
You're not forced to base build more than 5mins in the game, so its not really a distraction if you aren't forced to do it.
>>
>>322086150
>linear trail of progression
that just about sums up fallout 4
>>
>>322083739
No, wait like two months after the geck then the mods will make it "OK"
>>
>>322086150
First of all, we were talking about amount of weapons and armor, linear trail of progression doesn't mean shit. Secondly, when you add any attachment that weapon is changed, we can agree on that. There are, im just guessing i cant remember, like 30 or so attachments, with a bunch of different guns, that means that the amount of weapons are quite large over 1000 different combinations, same with armor.
>>
>>322086298
you are required to build shit for a number of missions, and if your a ocd completionist its kinda hard to avoid if you want all the settlements in the game to be at 100% "happy"
>>
>>322084524
>graphics and art direction are pretty good
Really?

Not only do the graphics feel last gen but at least 3 had some atmosphere to it, as well as New Vegas.
>>
>>322086469
It's all literally the same weapon but with some modified stats
>>
>>322086721
Yeh like i said, about 5mins of building, i think i spent under 15mins building in the entire game and i completed it, so it's not forced upon you. Now you say you are OCD to get 100%, thats your own problem and shouldn't state that base building as a negative.
>>
>>322086904
>literally the same weapon without mods
>similar weapon with mods therefore making it different
pick one
>>
>>322084524
>>gunplay is loads better
I agree with this. Gun battles can be pretty awesome.
btw can /v/ recommend some games with great gun fights? Where you can hear bullets flying over your head and there's emphasis on realism?
>>
>>322085665
It's optional content that people may enjoy. I haven't got too much into it, but it is pretty cool.

I just feel like Bethesda focused on the wrong things. Base building is cool and all, but writing, quest design, and some mechanics are all lacking.
>>
>>322087404
Army 2016: The Fight on ISIS
>>
>>322087507
I don't like real war, no spawn points.
>>
>>322083739
Yes but it has no replay value. After beating it once, you'll want to drop it and do something else. Bloodborne is a much better investment if you have a bloodborne machine.
>>
>>322087014
>spent under 15mins building in the entire game
how?
did you played through every mission?
also building was a cluster fuck when it came to the inept controls and sensitive placement of objects, i can put a generator on my fucking roof but i cant get this fence to not float above the ground? that my good man is bull shit
>>
>>322087712
ive played it a couple times, has good replay ability, have you tried? I did my first char as a sneak/sniper, this char as a all melee brute black nigger
>>
>>322087712
>Yes but it has no replay value.
I've never gotten this meme. You buy a game, you play it, then put it away/sell it. That's how it works. Why would you sit through an entire game again just to see some cutscene a little differently?
The only games with actual replay value are games with great multiplayers.
>>
>>322087491
>some mechanics are all lacking.
i would trade the base building in a hart beet for some mirrors edge par core
>>
>>322087829
I just did the main story line because im not one for side projects
>>
Ehhhh.
>>
Yes.
It was my favorite game of 2015 out of the 6 games I played that were made in 2015.
It certainly wasn't perfect in any capacity, but it was fun and the world was stuffed full of things to do.
I can see why /v/ hates it (we seemingly hate everything), but I feel like talking to actual people who aren't trying to get people to love them on a Czechoslovakian coal mining forum will let you gauge its actual quality.
>>
>>322087881
>You buy a game, you play it, then put it away/sell it. That's how it works
how old are you?
>>
>>322087976
not one for side projects?
did you even play fallout 1, 2, tactics, new vegas?
>>
>>322084524
I sort of agree with SOME of these points but.
>tons of weapons and armor options
Is not real. Theres VERY few armor and weapon options, but theres enough I guess.
>lots of companion options
That dont matter in the slightest. Its pretty neat but it felt detrimental to the game itself.
>base building
Neat feature if you didnt have to do quests about it. If you like it youll probably spend hours doing it, otherwise its a nuisance.
>tons of areas to explore
As usual with open world games, most of it barren and boring. I do give credit on the details some places have where you can piece together a story of what went on there in the past etc, but they are very "instance" designed, obviously assigned to different teams to make the filler content.
Fallout 4 is a solid 4 out of 10 in my personal opinion. A functioning game with lots of potential squandered because of poor executive and art decisions, very little meaningful content to hook me in and writing is poorly linear, most choices you are presented with end up in the same way. The fact that the ending of the mainline quest REQUIRES you decide conciously to side with X or Y or Z without any possible option of neutrality ended my relation with the game. I cant bother picking it up again to explore anything cause it doesnt fucking matter.
>>
>>322088183
yeh i played all except tactics, never enjoyed doing side quests, felt like a waste of time, dunno just me
>>
>>322083739
It's a decent open-world third-person shooter in the Fallout universe.

The story is INTERESTING enough but really poorly-implemented. This is the wrong game. I really hope Bethesda understands by now that a story about family values just doesn't mesh with Fallout at all. You go from grieving over your dead spouse to quipping about getting the Cryolator in the span of a few minutes. That is a bad fit any way you slice it.

Dialogue wheel is fucking awful, if you don't believe me just look at screenshots of the game modded so that you can read the responses, most of the time they're almost identical.

The voiced protagonist adds next to nothing, there are a few moments where it works well but for the most part it's just dull and further separates you from the character.

As a "game" in general it's fine. But it's a god awful RPG. Bethesda really needs to step back and think if this is really the direction they wanna go in. They wanted to tell a story and they got to, but they sacrificed a whole lotta shit to get to that point.
>>
>>322088279
Why even bother playing them? They're not supposed to be the kind of games that are "beaten" and then dropped.
>>
>>322083739
yes
>>
>>322084524
>>level up system with perks is actually a big improvement imo and is a great change
Too bad they watered-down perks and restricted all of them to combat only. They removed perks and SPECIAL altering dialog and giving unique dialog checks which is fucking retarded. It's like I'm not even playing an RPG any more.
>>
>>322088279
weird...
so basically you missed the best parts of fallout 3 and only stuck to the main story, that must have been rough man
>>
>>322088380
they're supposed to be a game that you enjoy anywhich way you want, i dont like side quests, still got over 24 hours of game play for free i mean, i wouldn't buy the shit for 80$ but free nice 24 hours game play was fun, what do you want me to say, i played the game like everyone else or how you're 'supposed' to play it? idk man i just play what i find fun
>>
>>322087881
>the new generation of gamers
>>
>>322088507
Well even for free, there are much better games for your kind of playstyle. I guess if you had fun anyway, its all good.
>>
>>322088481
see>>322088507
didnt really like killing a bunch of brutes for some people, and that kind of stuff, just stuck to the main story was fun for me, when i did the side quests i wasnt having fun, like watching a good movie then swapping mid way too a 3/10 movie for a few hours, felt like that too me
>>
>>322088419
Yeah, they could have speech checks that require a certain SPECIAL stat or a certain perk. Personally I'm not a fan of the RNG speech options.

However, in terms of leveling up I think the perks work great and give a ton of flexibility in terms of playstyles and builds. And having 4 levels for hacking or picking locks isn't really any different from dumping your points until you reach the arbitrary threshold and are able to unlock/hack higher leveled doors/terminals.
>>
>>322088419
>It's like I'm not even playing an RPG any more.
Fuck me, took you long enough to notice.
>>
File: 2015-12-31_00001.jpg (644 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31_00001.jpg
644 KB, 1920x1080
>>322088204
>very few armor and weapon options
There are more base weapons in Fallout 4 then there were in 3 and NV, but it just seems like there are less because most enemies carry modified common weapons instead of a larger variety of base weapons. I can't comment on armor, but I feel like the layering system alone means you're going to have more options in a meaningful way.
>companion options are detrimental to the game itself
Can you elaborate on this one? I'm legitimately interested on how you think that optional stuff can drag down the quality of the game.
>base building is detrimental to the game if you don't do it
I'm not a fan of it, I threw together a shitty settlement in Silverlight (pic related) but that's pretty much it, but my prior question applies.
>most of it barren and boring
It is literally the most dense open world game that I have ever played, how can you even make that argument?
>no option of neutrality
The minutemen ending was neutral, but considering they don't spell out the fact that you can choose to side with them I can see how you would miss it.
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00001.jpg (381 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00001.jpg
381 KB, 1600x900
>>322089213
Dude, nice settlement! Where is that?
Pic related, it's mine
>>
>>322089327
Didn't read, I recant my statement!
Finding smooth land is hard..
>>
>>322088682
an rpg is not a movie its a take on life, fallout 4 is watching the life of some random character fallout 1 2 3 is living the life of a character that represents the player
>>
>>322089327
It's at Silverlight Drive-In - definitely my favorite settlement area, and I'm planning to expand my area soon to actually look like a place people would choose to live in. I just haven't worked on it lately - have to get materials to build with and all of that.
Do you have all of those water purifiers to cash in or do you legitimately have that many settlers?
>>
>>322089327
all those fucking turrets
holy shit anon
>>
>>322089553
I built all those to get a water monopoly going so I can get my caps. Right now I am sitting at 1500 water and cannot get rid of it.

I think I only have like 43 settlers. Half of them are without jobs because it is nearly impossible to keep track.
>>
>>322089603
I only see four.
>>
>>322089531
ok, you can say pepsi tastes like coke but who ever is tasting it decides for themselves right, to me playing fo4 was like watching a movie in terms of 'fun' doing side quests was pausing that movie and putting on highschool musical
>>
>>322089603
There is actually more hidden behind the wall.

Speaking of the wall it is completely pointless; raiders spawn inside..
>>
>>322089726
oh wait, my bad, those are water tanks. I thought it was a fucking massive barrier of turrets
>>
>>322089213
More base weapons than in Fonv? Are you for real?

Lets take energy weapons for example, theres plasma caster, plasma rifle, multiplas, plasma pistol, plasma defender, laser rifle, laser pistol, rechargeable laser rifle/pistol, tesla cannon, and gauss rifle, vs Fo4 laser rifle/pistol, plasma rifle/pistol, institute rifle/pistol, gauss rifle and gamma gun, and this is counting pistols and rifles as stand alones even though they are basically the same weapon with a different grip
>>
>>322089825
not to mention most of the weapons are shitty pipe weapons in Fallout 4..
>>
>>322089956
>finding a pipe rifle that actually does damage
>now i can finally use my gorillion .38 ammo
>>
>>322089825
Okay, I stand corrected.
It has around 30 more than 3 does, but it has around 30 less than New Vegas.
3 - 53 base weapons
NV - 106 base weapons
4 - 74 base weapons
Again, that's not including the massive amount of changes you can make with weapon mods, but I get that that's not the discussion at hand.
>>
>>322090129
> Implying weapons do not shoot spitballs in this game
>>
>>322089758
the point i was trying to make is that within the context of a role playing game, the player assumes the role of a character that lives with in the game world, if your looking for linear progression why would you bother playing a game where linear progression does not exist?
>>
>>322090252
*20 more than 3 does
Excuse my autism.
>>
>>322090256
Don't play on the harder difficulties if you want to keep your sanity
>>
>>322090252
Damn NV was really special.
Another fault remains that you really see only 10 of the 74 base guns during most of your playthrough, there isn't much variety.
>>
>>322083739
Played like four hours' worth. Came across several bugs and got bored as shit with the Sims Sanctuary stuff.
Also wasn't allowed to kill half the fucking NPC's I came across.
It was alright, I guess. Not my thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>322083739
>>
>>322090462
Oh, totally, I agree with you on that one. Weapons like the Cryolator in 4 are only seen in one instance and they still contribute to that count, so it's a bit inflated.
>>
>>322086731
Are you trying to say 3 and NV look better than 4? Maybe they had more interesting places to explore but they certainly don't look better.
>>
>>322090380
But then the game is too easy.
You never win.
>>
>>322090252
Even the mods for FO4 are lackluster since the upgraded versions are just incremental stats and not really cosmetic, not to mention all weapons share the exact same recon scopes models instead of chainging them like how the laser rifle scope in fonv is actually unique. Also lets not forget how Fo4 didnt include additonal ammo types
>>
>>322090285
i dont understand
>play game because game is fun
wait you're playing it wrong u missed out on half the game
>but i dont find that half fun
but you should because it is fun
>but i dont think its fun
but why would you play the game then?
>because i did the other stuff that was fun
but... thats not how its meant to be played
>ok?
>>
File: vaultboi.jpg (66 KB, 269x335) Image search: [Google]
vaultboi.jpg
66 KB, 269x335
>>322083739
Not as good as NV or 3 but better than the older ones that nostalgiafags like.

Although they casualised the game a fair bit it's still pretty fun tbqhwy myfam
>>
>>322090640
you missed my point
an rpg is a role playing game
a role playing game is like a reality tv show staring you the player
your mission is to live your life out as that character with in the world around you
if you don't want to explore or live out the role of your character that's fine play the game the way you want to, but why are you playing a game that's not centered around a linear narrative if you don't enjoy it? i get that fallout 4 is far more linear than most of the games in the series but why waste your time on something you yourself said you don't find fun?
>>
>>322090380
>raise difficulty for more frequent legendary item drops
>all the items are shit
>>
>>322090883
They ruined melee with slow swinging. They cannot be forgiven.
>>
File: todd.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
You have no idea how much effort Bethesda put in Fallout 4. You can make your own house, transform yourself and other people into mutants, kill children, unlimited quests, you can travel to other countries and so on.
Why are you even asking this? Just buy the fucking game!
>>
>>322083739
>try melee
>blocking is just a timed counter
>you swing slow as shit
>damage doesnt compensate for the slow speed
>have to put points in specific spots in SPECIAL to have a somewhat viable melee
>guns take no real specific places for points to be stronk
Fall of Duty 4: apocalyptic warfare, only right way to play is by joining brotherhood
>>
It's shit.
Didn't even bother beating it.
>>
Fallout 4:
It'll do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwuY0gakdOY
>>
I have no ducking clue. I am enjoying the exploring and sidequedtd but the story is FUCKING TERRIBLE
>>
>>322088349
>The story is INTERESTING enough but really poorly-implemented. This is the wrong game. I really hope Bethesda understands by now that a story about family values just doesn't mesh with Fallout at all. You go from grieving over your dead spouse to quipping about getting the Cryolator in the span of a few minutes. That is a bad fit any way you slice it.

This might be my biggest issue with the game, though I do like the game a lot. 8/10 for me.
I just always have this feeling when I'm playing the game that because of the story being forced upon your character I almost feel bad for doing sidequests. Bad in the sense that I'm supposed to be looking for my fucking son and instead I'm running around Goodneighbor as the Silver fucking Shroud. It just doesn't fit when every conversation I have with important NPCs I'm asking about my son.

I have hope for a great Fallout 5 or Obsidian-made Fallout game because the combat and such have made great improvements. It's just the story and lack of any type of role playing element that I have hard time ignoring.
>>
>>322083739
try it yourself, steam gives refunds now, i refunded mine after an hour, no ragrats
>>
>>322092241
And just to add onto this, Fallout 3 was sort of the same thing with looking for your Dad. Why the fuck am I making a Wasteland Survival Guide if I'm trying to find my Dad?

At least with New Vegas you (you as in your character) knew Benny would be in Vegas because he wasn't going anywhere. That's where the guy lives. It just feels way more natural.
>>
if you like 1 and 2 you should probably take the nostalgia goggles off
>>
>>322091137
thats why i skipped the non-fun parts.
>>
>>322092742
stick to call of duty i think rpgs are out of your league
>>
>>322092682
I literally played Fallout 2 for the first time last year and it was much better than any Bethesda game, Morrowind included
>>
>>322093016
>thinks people should find all aspects of a game fun otherwise they shouldnt play it
not sure if trolling
>>
>>322093319
>thinks an rpg consist of a linear narrative without realizing each action is a choice made by the character even in the context of the main story
>>
>>322088349
100% It would definitely work a lot better with a more minimalist story. The whole idea of a pre-war dude as the player character was interesting, but it's always going to be jarring how quickly they adjust to, and are seemingly fine with, their new circumstances.
>>
>>322093902
i do know that, but if you dont find a part of something fun then why should i have to do it, the game is a sandbox, its meant for that, you can do anything and not do anything you want aside from the main quest
>>
>>322093941
All the sarcasm responses don't help. Your world gets annihilated and rebuilt in a blink, but you somehow have a snarky comment for every situation.
>>
>>322094538
In my opinion the worst part was how the character sometimes mentions he's pre-war, and sometimes doesn't.

With Paladin Danse for example, I never once mentioned having been frozen, but when I responded to something he said with "I was in the army", Danse just essentially said "ok" without delving into that a bit more. You'd also probably pull out with all those snooty upper stands people in Diamond City, etc.
>>
can you have sex in it?
>>
>>322088419
The level up system is awful in my opinion. Many of the perks are mandatory for every character (all the modding/lockpicking/hacking perks plus your weapon skill). Half the perks basically replace skills (so why remove them in the first place?). There is little customization and you don't really have any incentive to choose the more unique perks, especially since they're higher up.

Leveling up really doesn't feel fun in Fallout 4. Oh great, now I can open advanced locks, yay etc.
>>
>>322094939
It's also not great in a role-playing sense, every character I play ends up just feeling like a jack-of-all-trades dude. You don't really focus what you're good with as much as anymore, or at least, doesn't feel like it ends up having much of an impact on how you play the game.
>>
>>322094939
this is true
the F3 and NV system was great, why did they change it?
I'm can deal with the level cap removal but just picking a perk for
>do 20% more damage
every level isn't fucking fun
>>
>>322084524
Not at all.
>weapon of choice with stock and damage upgrade
>vault suit with armor-upgraded leather pads

You can't even wear most of the clothing options in the game because then you can't wear armour pieces with them. Awful lazy design.
>>
>>322095982
then you get ballistic weave which breaks the whole concept of armor but you cant shove it on everything so instead of using the cool armor you use military fatigues and one of 3 hats
>>
>>322088026
>/v/ tells me its shit
>talk to "actual people"
>"it just made me want to play Skyrim instead"
>"it got boring after the story"
>"the side missions were shit"
>"overhyped"
All of these were real people by the way
>>
because the game dosent have enough content to talk about
>>
>>322091435
is melee even viable? it seems so boring watchign the same 2-3 animations over and over.
>>
File: 1451036808282.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1451036808282.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>322096290
but ballistic weave doesnt work on my damn vault tec lab coat. i fucking want my +2 int
>>
>>322096851
> implying skills matter
>>
File: AAA1447028026618.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
AAA1447028026618.gif
2 MB, 200x150
so when is hardcore mode? game makes me cry how easy it is
>>
File: 1451422286787.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1451422286787.gif
967 KB, 245x250
>>322096928
well i use it to get +20 int for quest turn ins and what not.
>>
>>322086469
>30 attachments
>Long barrel
>improved long barrel
>ultra awesome long barrel
>implying they aren't the same attachment

Yeah, nah, fuck off m8. The weapon selection in this game is truly shit.
>>
>>322096998
> implying skills matter
>>
>>322083739
I played for 600 hours
so yes
>>
File: 1450636704086.gif (554 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1450636704086.gif
554 KB, 160x160
>>322097083
stop making me kek
>>
yea
>>
>>322097124
>>
File: 1440432898920.png (5 KB, 330x310) Image search: [Google]
1440432898920.png
5 KB, 330x310
>>322087881
Dude, I still have my Atari hooked up. What are you even going on about.
>>
>>322097110
played about 240 here. really dont know what to do - needs a new difficulty and variety of weapons/mods/armor. Also needs patches for settlements, giving us more options for item building ect ect.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 215x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 215x250
It lacks the satire and levity of a Fallout game. No real "fun" quests to speak of.
Also ghouls are now zombies that can survive getting their limbs blown off.
>>
>>322097295
>Also ghouls are now zombies that can survive getting their limbs blown off.
also every ghoul looks the same or ironically wears the same attire.
>>
>>322097295
Who can somehow survive being locked away forever aswell without food..
>>
>>322097250
yeah i feel like even in survival things become way to easy especially around lvl 70. i'm just excited for the dlc
>>
its a odd feeling when you start your second playthrough and discover non yellow suitcases existed before the bombs
>>
>>322097458
> Second playthrough
> Implying Replayability
>>
>>322083739
It's better than Undertale, which is not saying much.
>>
File: A1446762950389.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
A1446762950389.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>322097403
i really hope we dont have to wait 2 1/2 months for that DLC
>>
>>322097295
Oh and I forgot to mention they RUINED bloody mess. Enemies no longer explode into red paste but rather just fall apart. Watching a super mutants body implode and launch into every direction was great.
>>
>>322097567
"DLC and mods will fix it"
Please die.
>>
>>322097596
What didn't they ruin?
>>
File: 1448388594365.gif (950 KB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
1448388594365.gif
950 KB, 320x234
>>322097613
actually wasnt what i was saying. i assume you want dlcs for "content" which are more weapons and armor...
>>
>>322097295
>can survive getting their limbs blown off.
Wow, that's just crazy.
>>
File: 1357363100689.jpg (91 KB, 630x651) Image search: [Google]
1357363100689.jpg
91 KB, 630x651
>>322097567
It will be worth the wait though because hopefully they will add a lot.
>>
>>322097673
I'll give them points for wearable clothing under the armor. That was a nice touch.
The companions are a set up from FO3.
Radiation having a more sudden impact rather than having to wait to get sickness does add the game.
Besides those steps foreword everything else is a step back
>>
>>322083739
The actual roleplaying element of the game is massively reduced from new vegas. Seriously, that's not just bandwagoning. The whole intro sequence has deterred me from making any new characters because it just takes so fucking long and it's so god damn boring. They should have made it one long skippable cutscene or something, because it's more than tedious.
The voice acting and everything really does damage this too, because even if you try to choose the sarcastic response or the nice response or whatever, it still feels like it's coming from one specific dude.
The main thing that ruins it, though, is the fact that your character is FORCED to have a backstory. If you want to play a weak, timid, shy dude who would eventually fall in love with a specific character and get over his insecurities with, TOO FUCKING BAD NERD YOU'RE GENERAL JOE STONECHEST BADASS IN THE FATCOCK ARMY AND YOU'RE MARRIED TO A FUCKING DIME BRO, THAT CUNT SLOBS ON YOUR KNOB LIKE CORN ON THE COB EVERY NIGHT AND EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN MORNING. NOW SHE'S DEAD SO GO FIND YOUR CHILD THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT.

But, if you don't give a shit about making a ton of fun, unique characters and giving them your own personalities and stories, then sure, fallout 4 is probably an okay game for you.

TL;DR It's an FPS with a securely set story in a tiny open world. To call it an RPG is a joke.
>>
>>322097908
radiation was a step back in this game. you can just shrug it off now. i want it to have the old effects cause negative impacts to not only your SPECIAL but your dmg output and resistances ect.
>>
>>322083970
Underrated
>>
File: 1436416631673.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1436416631673.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>322097963
>TOO FUCKING BAD NERD YOU'RE GENERAL JOE STONECHEST BADASS IN THE FATCOCK ARMY AND YOU'RE MARRIED TO A FUCKING DIME BRO, THAT CUNT SLOBS ON YOUR KNOB LIKE CORN ON THE COB EVERY NIGHT AND EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN MORNING. NOW SHE'S DEAD SO GO FIND YOUR CHILD THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT.
>>
>>322097908
>wearable clothing under the armor. That was a nice touch.
Honestly, I thought the armor/clothing was kinda lackluster. Almost every time I wanted to try to put something on underneath something else, it wouldn't let me. I feel like it wants you to just slap the basic cover armor over your vault jumpsuit or abandon all hope of having any semblance of defense by wearing one of the outfits that prohibits you from wearing anything else.
>>
>>322098149
It comes from the lack of verity that the game has. The fact that it's specific items like the vault suit, long johns, leathers, does make it rather mute.
As underwhelming as it may be its still a system that allowed slightly more customization.
In reality I know that Bethesda just took Skyrim and made into Fallout.
>>
>>322098016
The problem with the old system I find is that you need to only pop a dose of rad away to remove just enough rads to go under the threshold for those negative effects. The new system allows for rads to be a constant threat.
Still though any points Bethesda gets for that is instantly removed for making rad-away really easy to find.
>>
>>322098649
It's kinda like they had a bunch of ideas, started them, got bored, and just made them playable but barely fleshed them out beyond the most basic level they could do. The fashion being so underwhelming, the settlement crafting shit being so ridiculously basic, the handful of dialogue where your name is actually spoken if you used one of the voiced names... If I had to use an analogy, I'd say it would be like if the person who thought to put pepperoni on pizza had just put one slice in the very center and that's it. It's still technically a pepperoni pizza, but once you get past that first bite, you're gonna be pretty fuckin disappointed.
>>
>>322083739
Played it for 140 hrs, 8/10, worth a buy, not a HOLY FUCKING AMAZING game tho.

Disappointing considering Bethesda took so much time making it and still didn't surprise people like Skyrim did.
>>
>>322083739
Nope.

Its a fps. Not a real follout game.

It offers even less rpg elements then f3.

To much shooter/badlands/mincraft lite.

The only thing in mind i could compere it to would be mass effect. Me has more rpg elements then f4.
>>
>>322097963
The backstory would be easier to swallow if they actually showed you some of it.

You don't see him serving in the army, or her graduating and getting a diploma. You don't see when they first met, when they dated, when they got married. You only get to hear talk of a wonderful day at the park. You don't get to see Shawn being born.
Bethesda tells you to care about these people, but give you no reason to.
>>
>>322099961
Honestly, you make a good ass point. To go along with the discussion of how it seems like they half assed everything, they really even half-assed the forced backstory to your character. They didn't even go all out and let you experience it, they just give you a fucking pamphlet of the lives of this little family and expect you to swallow the loaf.
>>
Why give any backstory at all?
>>
File: 1446371437632.jpg (78 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1446371437632.jpg
78 KB, 640x360
It's better than Fallout 3 but worse than New Vegas.
Here's to hoping Obsidian gets a shot at making a new one.
>>
>>322100487
Becuze muh feelz
SHAUN
>>
>>322099961
Bethesda literally thinks saying "this character is your dad" or "this character is your son" is enough of a motivation.

Expect Fallout 5 to be about finding your spouse.
>>
>>322100635
No, in Fallout 5 you're a person leaving a vault on a quest to find yourself
>>
damage only scales to level 50. after that enemies are just bullet sponges even at full stealth 10x+ multipliers from a .50 hunting rifle can do fuckall damage to a super mutant suicider hell bent on waddling up at just over base speed. by the time i hit level 99 i was bored so i just finished the ending quests and now im left with a time opening
>>
>>322100768
Wrong in FO5 will be about your wife's son finding Vault
>>
>>322083739
Imagine you're on an island, the island is full of coconuts, all you can eat is coconuts. Now, after years of eating basically nothing but coconuts, a ship wrecks on your island, it's full of feces and bananas, and when it crashed all the containers got mashed together and you got shit covered bananas.

It's something like eating shit laced bananas after a year long coconut only diet.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>322100884
B-but if your on a island why not clean the shit off in the water?
Is the water a mod
hehe "shit" anology
>>
>>322101007
The water is irradiated
>>
>>322101069
Then you'd need to keep eating coconuts for the hydration.
>>
>>322101069
Then what do you do you drink on the island? Wouldn't you die form being exposed? Why is a boat sailing in that water? Why are the coconuts safe from the radiation?
>>
>>322101069
And the shit could mutate and kill you.
>>
>>322089327
oh i can see it now
>finish building this
>preston walks up
AYO HOLDUP
>puts down mutfruit
SO WHAT DEY SAYIN IS
>lights a sanfransisco sunlight
SETTLR GOT KIDNAPED NAH MEAN
>doesent pass it
SACTUARY HILLS NIGGA
>>
>>322101550
WE WUZ SUIRVIVORS AN SHIET
>>
>>322090559
He didn't say they looked better, silly anon, he did say that FO4 looks outdated compared to what can be done today and feels like it could have been released on previous gen, graphically speaking.

Reading comprehension
>>
>>322083842
i can agree with this
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.