[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protagonist is undead >can get poisoned >can bleed out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: undead.jpg (202 KB, 420x571) Image search: [Google]
undead.jpg
202 KB, 420x571
Protagonist is undead
>can get poisoned
>can bleed out
>can drown
>can die

Why is this allowed?
>>
hey you're still flesh and bones, even if rotting

bleeding out and specific kinds of poison could probably still fuck you over -- let's not turn into a skeleton now

and the water is fucked up, don't go near it

more importantly, why can the skeletons bleed
>>
>>322079981
more importantly, why are skeletons in Dark Souls so goddamn tough, they are just bones and withstand same damage as armored enemy
>>
Undeath is a curse m8. You die countless times and always come back to life. In the end you may become tired of living and actively seek out death, but no matter how many times you try, you always end up back at the bonfire.
It's the central conflict of the entire series. The chosen undead goes out in search of a cure for the undead curse.
>>
Well you never die forever if you have the dark sign
>>
>>322080220
Dark magic. Also, you're probably using the wrong damage type.
>>
>>322080220
dont stab the skeletons
>>
Your undead in the sense that you have died, and returned. Even if your whole, it kind of fits the bill.

Or it could just be the only logical thing to call it, even if it isnt exactly what you are.
>>
>>322080220
to kill the skeleton, crush its bones until it dies
>>
>>322080778
>>322080868
It' ok. I have Zwei +7 now. They are nothing but rattle. Just made snake pancakes in Sen's funhouse.
>>
>>322079612

>Why is this allowed?

Lore inconsistencies like that are required, or else you wouldn't have fail states.

Like, why do Hollows still attack you even if you have zero souls on you? Even though the lore says that Hollows is hungry for Souls and attack those who have them? Why? Otherwise, the game would have no challenge coming from Hollows.

Why do NPCs have infinite weapon and armor durability? Why do they have infinite ammo? Why do they have infinite spellcastings?

Shit like that is all over the games. People like to pretend the games have flawlessly consistent lore and gloss over any inconsistencies.
>>
>>322079612

He's a living, breathing being. Why would any of those things not work against him?
>>
>>322079612
> its s-s-super hard anon, thats all that matter
>>
>>322080220
>>
>>322082212
I love this comic so fucking much.
>>
>>322080220
>attacking skeletons with piercing/slashing weapons
Well gee anon I dunno.
>>
>>322079612
Is the best representation of an undead character? I mean holy shit that cluster of veins there is fucking disgusting but amazing.
>>
>>322081691
>Like, why do Hollows still attack you even if you have zero souls on you? Even though the lore says that Hollows is hungry for Souls and attack those who have them?
You always have your own.

>Why do NPCs have infinite weapon and armor durability?
Irrelevant, they might as well repair their own like the chosen undead after buying that item.

>Why do they have infinite ammo? Why do they have infinite spellcastings?
I'll give you this one
>>
File: ultros.gif (2 KB, 128x94) Image search: [Google]
ultros.gif
2 KB, 128x94
>>322082693
>that cluster of veins there is fucking disgusting but amazing
It's unnerving
>>
Because it was all a dream.
>>
>>322079981
Have you seen a corpse being cut?
It only takes a few minutes for the blood to stop flowing altogether. It congeals really quickly.
>>
>>322082998
Ultros!
>>
>>322082932
>Irrelevant, they might as well repair their own like the chosen undead after buying that item.

Total bullshit. I can keep casting Acid Surge at them in DaS1 in a single battle and they still don't have their weapons breaking. I can hit them with Scraping Spears FOREVER in DeS without having anything break from them. In DaS2, I can hit them with Corrosive Urns forever and their durability never breaks ever.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.