[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I have no experience at all with Metal Gear, just got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Hey /v/, I have no experience at all with Metal Gear, just got this, how fucked am I?
>>
leave /v/ and go enjoy that masterpiece.

retards here will shitpost or spoil it
>>
None if you play them in the order they were released.
>>
>>322079315

What this guy said.
>>
metal gear and metal gear 2 are in metal gear solid 3's options menu
play them in order
metal gear > metal gear 2 > metal gear solid > metal gear solid 2 > metal gear solid 3 > metal gear solid 4
>>
>>322079315
/thread
>>
>>322079242

I just started them earlier this year. MGS1 was pretty good, MGS2 was amazing but MGS3 is so bad I can't even finish it.
>>
how'd you steal it?
>>
>>322079315

This. Play them in release order too you fucker.
>>
>>322079392
This: Metal Gear 1's not much to write home about, but Metal Gear 2 is actually one of the best in the series.
>>
>>322079464
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>322079315
Thanks, I'm doing it right away.

>>322079360
I'mgoing to do this, going to play de NES one first. I have only played that one so far.
>>
Hope you get shot you thug
>>
>>322079621
Walk 20 minutes through a tediously slow swamp to get a cutscene about a story that isn't even in the SLIGHTEST way interesting. It's really not fun.
>>
>>322079464
If anything it's:
1=3>2>>>>>>>>>4
>>
Holy christ what do you fags see in 3? So much of it was tedious for the sake of some sort of realism. The arcadeish feel of the first two was blatantly superior.
>>
File: 5bA4gXZ.gif (2 MB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
5bA4gXZ.gif
2 MB, 250x135
>>322080002
>>
>>322080002
Don't even bother.

>>322080103
Come on then, give an argument.
>>
>>322080002

How is it tedious? If anything, it's less tedious because it's so much easier to pretend you're Rambo if that's the way you wanna play. The stealth is somewhat improved over MGS1 and 2 as well.

I love all three of them though, so meh.
>>
>>322079628
it's not NES it's the MSX a Japanese computer. The NES version was some unauthorized shitty fuckage Kojima himself hates. If you can't get into the MSX games it's okay to jump to MGS1.

Play the games in release order

MG1
MG2
MGS1
MGS2
MGS3
MGS4
MGS PEACE WALKER
>>
>>322080270
The level design is what kills it for me, I just reached the lab and so far it's just been a large area with a few guys wandering around and like you said, you can just kill everyone and walk right through making the whole thing just trivial.
>>
>>322080270

I don't hate 3, it's even nice to have something radically different but still so familiar. But I greatly preferred 2, which was disappointing because I expected 3 to be some sort of holy grail that was kind of just a pain in the dick.
>>
>>322080467

You can, but you could do that in 1 and 2 as well, it just wasn't as fun to do it that way.

That said, I prefer to be an operator and keep it clean, so I don't usually just indiscriminately gun down every Russkie fuck I see unless I'm just having a laugh of a playthrough and seeing how much dumb shit I can do.
>>
>>322080002
MGS3 was the least realistic of all of them. You had enough health to take bullets like if you were a tank in Extreme. You couldn't even shoot the lights (only the flying platforms). It was so casualized that you could play the game without any effort in stealth at all. Crappy codec talks that you could skip without losing anything of value. The only attempt at realism were the food managing and camouflage but the rest was dumbed down from the previous MGS games.
>>
>>322080634
I still had fun just gunning down enemies in the first two because the whole scenario was cool and the story was worth watching. In MGS3 all you get is an extremely boring story and terrible atmosphere. The gameplay can only stand for so much on its own.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.