[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo pretend this game doesn't exist? It was good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Fox-_Assault_(Japanese).png (528 KB, 620x580) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox-_Assault_(Japanese).png
528 KB, 620x580
Why does Nintendo pretend this game doesn't exist? It was good.
>>
Outside of the music and the rail shooter levels, no it wasn't. It's story was also just as much of a horrible clusterfuck that every other recent Star Fox was.

Multiplayer was good I guess, but it's hard to fuck that up.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>322076514
Woah, someone else who liked this game?
>>
>>322076613
All of that is nothing a sequel couldn't have fixed.
>>
>>322076613
The story is bad in every Star Fox game, every game is furries fighting in space ships. What are you on about?
>>
>>322076514
They don't though, it got a stage in Smash 4, they pretend Command doesn't exist
>>
>>322077864
Yeah but besides Smash, Starfox Zero is going back to 64, like Assault now never happened and is noncanon.
>>
>>322076514
The actual starfox levels are cool and looks nice. Thing is, it's very short and, I don't know, dosen't have the same replayability that, say, SF 64 had.
>>
>>322076613

>I guess

It was much better than 64's multiplayer.
>>
>>322077194
Because its usually simple and functional. Badguys who killed your dad are taking over the galaxy go get em.

The dialogue in Assault is like a cheesy mecha anime.
>"Remnants of Androsses" butchers!"
>"Wolf!" "Don't get the wrong idea...baka..."
>>
>>322078046
Oh come on.

The only things Assault was ever remembered for were:
Graphics
Multiplayer
Krystal's tits
>>
>Sauria
>that fucking music
>levels where you can switch between on foot and arwing
>that mission where you have to shoot down General Pepper

God damn. I loved this game.
>>
>>322079825
>General Pepper attacks

Okay, maybe 4 things.
>>
>>322076514
>left home alone all summer back in 05 or so
>hours upon hours of playing this and listening to the local radio station
Breaking Benjamin was the hot stuff at the time. I played that last arapoid level so much listening to So Cold
>>
>>322076514
I really enjoyed this game and replayed it recently. I think it got a lot right. It still looks great and it has my favourite version of the Arwing, multi was fun and when it was on an arwing based mission I loved it, the ground missions needed refinement, I thought ever VA was on point and it still has my favourite Slippy and Fox VA. I think Assault was how the series should have progressed and it's a shame that isn't what is happening and we're getting a retread of Lylat Wars again. I blame Command.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.