[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have tons of games which I didn't finish >buy even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
>have tons of games which I didn't finish
>buy even more
>can't decide which one to play
how do I stop this?
>>
Play Catherine
>>
>>322074903
pick a game, stick with it and only it until you either finish it or drop it forever, repeat
>>
>>322074903
I'd also like to know this. It's a really bad habit.
>>
>>322074903
only buy shit when its on sale

spend the rest of your time beating games instead of buying brand new ones
>>
>>322074903
Shopping can be addictive.
>>
File: SWINDLED.png (463 KB, 646x586) Image search: [Google]
SWINDLED.png
463 KB, 646x586
> mfw I just bought several games for this steam sale when i haven't finished a single one from last year's sale
>>
Pick a game, play it and try to immerse yourself, think about the game you are playing, not the ones you could be playing
>>
>>322074903
ive started recording my games. its given me an incentive to finish and replay games.
>>
steam has multiple "pick a steam game for me to play" websites including a filter for games youve played before

if youre a console fucktard i dont know
>>
>>322076673
Care to elaborate? Do you just record an entry into a .txt file when you beat a game or what?
>>
>tfw I have games from 2011 that I still haven't played due to my massive 4chan addiction

I need to leave this place.
>>
File: 1443755877041.jpg (67 KB, 599x804) Image search: [Google]
1443755877041.jpg
67 KB, 599x804
>>322076108
I know this feel

In fact I'm currently playing for the first time a game I bought 3 years ago
>>
>>322077271
Coming here at all was the worst mistake you could have made. But such is the nature of soundproof walls leaving the only way to hear people saying to stay away is to come here in the first place.
>>
>>322076829
I currently started to do that with a start/finish date too.
>>
Learn to control your spending holy shit. You're either wealthy enough to do somethign better with it, or poor because of your shitty habits.
>>
>>322074903
I have the same problem. Putting tons of hours into L4D2, Titanfall, Max Payne 3, Dark Souls and nothing else. I just stopped a second, looked at my games, popped a new game in and played it until I beat it. I beat Red Dead Redemption a couple days ago and now playing through Undead Nightmare. Before that I beat Freedom Wars on Vita and Dark Souls 2 on 360.

I get this same way with music, shows, and movies. Don't know exactly why we have this hesitant feeling to start new things.
>>
File: 1445833091717.jpg (46 KB, 320x486) Image search: [Google]
1445833091717.jpg
46 KB, 320x486
>>322075475
I tried doing this but at one point you might grew tired of the game or just want to play something else.

My advice is pick one game to finish and another 1 short game that you can keep coming back (my choice usually either Spelunky or Binding of Isaac) or a game that won't really take long to finish (8-10 hrs).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.