[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Raiders function in the Commonwealth? The Raider to regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: raider.png (986 KB, 1512x1080) Image search: [Google]
raider.png
986 KB, 1512x1080
How do Raiders function in the Commonwealth?

The Raider to regular person ratio is ridiculously unbalanced, there's no possible way that so many raiders could sustain themselves on such a small population where all of the farms are just like 2 people in a shack.What do they eat, there can't possibly be enough stolen food to go around
>>
File: 1451351833687.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1451351833687.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
Because video games.
>>
>>322074750
Because in Bethesda games raiders/bandits/whatever are a form of advanced fungus.
>>
>>322074750
Maybe they go outside Boston?
Maybe they farm also?
>>
>>322075568

Like WH40k Orks?
>>
>>322075597
We never see any Raider farms and if they go outside of Boston, why would they ever bother coming back to that shithole?
>>
>>322075707
Similar.
As the player kills them they release their spores into the air allowing new fungus to grow (general using their food as food) and full reforming in about 3-7 days.
>>
File: 2015.jpg (83 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
83 KB, 1012x675
>>322074968
what a shit argument
>>
Bethesda cannot into enemy variety
raiders literally fill in the blanks
>>
>>322076836
Because Bethesda have no interest in building an interesting and logically consistent world and prefer the carrot on a stick model.
>>
Gameplay wise, it makes sense.
But in reality, there are multiple people on these farms and in these shacks.

I haven't beaten the game, but the one thing I do enjoy about it is the fact that every main raider in this game is connected to one another in some way.

Jared, Slag, so on and so forth. They're all connected. That's pretty interesting.

What kinda confuses me a bit about the game is how they throw you straight into combat if you decide to choose a female and decide to go to Concord.

I at least love the fact that Sunny Smiles helped you in a tutorial and taught you how to shoot a gun in case your character "forgot" or just didn't know in general.
It's obvious that Nate was in the army due to the intro, and Nora was a lawyer, but if you choose to play as Nora in the game, even though non canon, they throw her straight into combat at Concord. What if she's never shot a gun or killed someone before?
>>
>>322077842
in the end you just see them all as faceless raider #231523 that you mow down without thinking

who actually reads those terminals anyway
>>
>>322074750
They raid each other. There's a constant stream of raiders raiding raiders, but since the loop is not completely efficient they occasionally have to raid outsiders to introduce new supplies and continue the system.
>>
>>322074750
It's pretty implied they are cannibals
>>
>>322077842
The Raiders are all connected because Bethesda was too lazy to have faction variety, where multiple raider groups might be enemies or some such. Hence why the Forged seemingly give two shits about random raiders on the other side of the Commonwealth.
>>
>>322077842
>What if she's never shot a gun or killed someone before?
I don't know why is your character always incapable of asking obvious questions that would skip huge portions of the story?
>>
I'm more interested in knowing how a bunch of knuckle dragging, drugged out psychos have the ability to use functionally power armor.

I mean the fucking NCR with all their scientists and engineers cant get the ones they salvaged to work.
>>
Fuck the raiders, all I want to know about is invisible motorcycle man.
>>
>>322078493
What?
>>
>>322078642
Invisible motorcycle man throwing invisible grenades man, havent you heard?
>>
>>322074750
Welcome to Bethesda games enjoy your stay.
>>
>>322076836
>this man will die in less than 24hours
>>
>>322074750
Every fucking Bethesda game has more raiders/bandits/whatever than actual functioning societies. The answer is when you deliver dogshit and get praised for it, why would you ever want to improve?
>>
>>322074750
Being a raider seems kind of stupid compared to being a settler. With a settlement it takes one person to make enough food to sustain 5 people. Build a few faucets and you got all the fresh water you'll ever need. With a few shops you'd start raking in money and be able to get better weapons than those shitty pipe pistols. The raiders would probably be far more productive collecting salvage rather than attacking random people who may or may not be more heavily armed than them.
>>
>>322078236
Not to mention the fact that a bunch of bumblefuck mercs have access to Vertibirds while the NCR struggles to keep the ones they have in the air.
>>
>>322080194
Mercs in 4 have fucking VBs?
>>
>>322077842
Can't wait until people start modding alternate start points into the game.
>>
>>322080278
The Gunners, aka 4's version of the Talon company mercs from 3 have them.

It's fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.