[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished this and now I want to talk about vidya in anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Incestuous NEETs.jpg (77 KB, 838x386) Image search: [Google]
Incestuous NEETs.jpg
77 KB, 838x386
I just finished this and now I want to talk about vidya in anime and anime in vidya.

What are some anime based off video games you like? Or vice versa? Do you smile when you see a character is playing a real game you recognize?
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 190x265
I really like this game. I only found out a decade later it had an anime.
A lot of people rag on it for cheesy voice acting and aging pretty poorly, but at the time it had a fun and unique combat style with fun encounters. It also has a pretty unique concept with one central point in time you keep going back to after finishing a segment of the game, basically choosing who's life to save and thus which segment to play next.
>>
File: 1346045233316.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
1346045233316.gif
2 MB, 372x262
Please, /a/ is terrible. This is video games. I made it about video games see?
>>
Hey, don't you think Undertale is bad/good?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
This game is GOAT
>>
>>322075138
Really? Back when /v/ was on about a new Berserk game people were saying it was just okay.

Next chapter postponed until summer 2016. At least we're off the boat
>>
File: 1402141554549.png (1 MB, 1279x722) Image search: [Google]
1402141554549.png
1 MB, 1279x722
>>322073020
Jibril is best girl.
>>
File: No-game-no-life-shiro.jpg (38 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
No-game-no-life-shiro.jpg
38 KB, 680x383
>>322075842
I've got a thing for sleepy lolis, sue me.
>>
>>322076073
>those statues of Shiro
$120 for the swimsuit one, jesus.

Anyway. .hack//, SAO, and Log Horizon. The latter being my favorite.
>>
>>322076321
SAO was extremely disappointing as an anime, but I'd kill to play a game like that. I think that's why it got so popular, everyone wanted to escape into something like that.
I found Log Horizon boring and the knight guy was intolerable. Only got a few episodes in.
>>
>>322076557
SAO would have bren much better with less OP bullshit and no fairy shit.

Shame you don't like Log Horizon, the author loves MMOs and tabletop games, there's a lot of love in the series.
>>
>>322076753
Agreed. I was actually fine with the romance stuff. It was DUAL WIELD being the Mary-est of Sues that got me, that and the fact that they for some reason decided to remove the one shtick the anime had: If you die in the game you die in real life, in season 2. I found the whole thing fun, like I was rarely looking at the playtime to see if it was almost done, just very poorly written.

I've been meaning to give Log Horizon another shot. I made it to right after they made all the burgers and a bunch of government stuff started. It was just so boring though. I can tell they at least knew vidya when they made it, just the bits outside of that turned me off from it.
>>
>>322077047
Try Overlord, Only Sense Online, Zero kara soudateru shoujo (CTG)
>>
>>322077047
It's understandable, season 2 ups the action with some shit going down inside the town and an actual raid.
>>
>>322077384
I enjoyed Overlord quite a bit, I wasn't as pleased with it as I was hoping to be, but still liked it quite a bit. I'll give the others a try.
>(CTG)
So card games? I fucking love card games

>>322077410
How's the dub?
I might watch that to get through the part I couldn't stand so I can play vidya while I do it. I just hated that knight faggot so much.
>>
>>322077671
Not trading card games.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=CtG—Zero_Kara_Sodateru_Dennou_Shoujo
>>
>>322077671
The dub? Wouldn't know. Going to assume bad seeing how I've never seen any praise for it.
>>
>>322077410
I liked season 2, but the best parts were the tsudo-economics i think
>>
>>322078350
I really appreciate how well the first season went. A perfect balance of character, world, and story crafting.
>>
Why are Yugioh games so consistently good? Even the weird spinoffs like Roses were great.
>>
The Gungrave anime is better than the games. Although the best part of it is the original material (episode 2-17), the stuff that's sort of trying to adapt the first game is the weakest part of the show.

I also really like the Sengoku Basara anime, though I do wish characters other than Masamune and Yukimura got more screentime/story relevance. Judge End is mostly Ieyasu and Mitsunari, but Judge End also sucks.

And for an anime about playing vidya I had a good time with Log Horizon.
>>
>>322076321
I started Log Horizon 2 recently. It's so much better than SAO, and it doesn't shove romance down your throat too much, although it is there.
>>
Undertale anime
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.