[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So has anyone on /v/ actually MADE anything video game related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: NerdKid (250 x 196).jpg (10 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
NerdKid (250 x 196).jpg
10 KB, 250x196
So has anyone on /v/ actually MADE anything video game related? Or an actual game?
You are all so hateful towards vidya journalists, vidya youtubers, and vidya artists, why don't you start your OWN gaming article, your OWN gaming youtube, or your OWN gaming comic?
Or are you lazy and talentless?
Post what you have made, rate others creations.
>>
>>322071963
Too busy making games that I enjoy playing myself and don't release to the public.
>>
>>322072156
Why not release them? you could make a buck.
>>
>>322072156
Lying on the Internet sure looks cool when you do it.
>>
>>322071963
I've got a small gayman YouTube channel but not many subs.
>>
>>322071963
I've got a Youtube channel that I upload gaming videos to. Here's my latest video - https://youtu.be/2qssz3prTXg
Here is my video with the most views - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwDB7S24fLo
>>
>>322072923
>Heeey this is Chris
Well, they arent bad I guess. I dont like your voice, but thats just my opinion. Work on your cadence and speaking voice, you sound nasally, and need a script.
>>
Cause /v/ opinions aren't mainstream even in /v/ itself. No one would read it.
>>
File: IMG_20151221_191826163.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_191826163.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>322071963
I post my channel here all the time. I feel like a viralling scum bag.
But here we go again.

Latest
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJKgtWragPU

Most views
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VcIJDkfzwIY
>>
>>322073536
I have Autism. As a result no one likes my voice. I'm used to it by now. My voice is why I post my videos in cringe threads on /b/ and /v/.
>>
I wrote my master's thesis on vidya. Does that count?
>>
>>322071963
>You are all
nice generalizing count fagula
>>
Katawa Shoujo is a game.
>>
>>322073928
Well, since you have autism, I would suggest sticking to a script in your videos.
>>
>>322073928
>>322074425
This tbqh senpai. You need to practice speaking, recording yourself, and listening to your voice too so you can see what you need to control.
>>
I made a text adventure game that runs in Python cause I'm shit at anything that actually involves artwork

I can share it with you anons if anybody is interested
>>
>>322074746
Im good with art, but shit at anything that actually involves coding. Wanna be friends, senpai?
>>
Most of /v/'s game devs got banished from /v/ with the creation of /vg/. Risk of Rain, Minecraft, and Agar.io I think are some of the most famous games to come from here.
>>
File: Is+that+kaz+miller+from+mg.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Is+that+kaz+miller+from+mg.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYgMmF1alo
>>
>>322071963
I made some shitty flash games.
I also made the greatest game ever.

Docklancer.

It's just a few batch files that call each other, simulating what freelancer is like - ie. preparing to dock, docking with x, docklancer one zero one prepare to have your cargo scanned for contraban, etc.
>>
>>322075306
>Minecraft
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/discussion/147888-woo-v
>>
>>322071963
I used to write a personal blog with vidya related content

I got lazy and abandoned it though
>>
>>322071963
I'm a 3D moddeler. I've done work for infinity ward, arcane and im working with the UT4 team now.

Im allowed to bitch
>>
>>322075654
are we talking about space docking or "space docking"?
>>
>>322071963
I took a shit once and it was remarkably similar to a jason schreier article
dunno if that counts
>>
>>322072923
>>322073928

>14 subscribers • 694 views

Autism is right. Why do you even bother?
>>
>>322076205
Assuming you aren't shitting me, how does one become a professional 3D modeller?

Do you need to go to school for that shit? I used to fuck around on Blender and kinda interested
>>
>>322075345
man, your videos on GZ helped me with the pre-MGSV anxiety during the last months on /mgg/
>>
>>322076017
>So Minecraft has several funny phrases that load when the game is started. I noticed one that didn't make any sense so I did a little bit of looking around.

>Turns out there's a stock on the TSX-V stock exchange (Canada)called WOO.V.

>As it turns out, the parent company, Cogitore Resources Inc, is a mineral research and collection company that basically does, in a general sense, what you do in Minecraft.

kek
>>
>>322076271
docking with planets and space stations.

I'd been up for 2 days at a lan, where we'd been playing freelancer. it seemed hilarious at the time.

It was really just 5-6 batch files, a text mode freelancer docking adventure.
>>
File: 1412066125577.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412066125577.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>322073928
>posting your own videos in cringe threads
anon...
>>
>>322071963
>You are all so hateful towards vidya journalists, vidya youtubers,
Because they've done nothing either, in fact they're so entitled they think they deserve money to talk about a game.

We also give shit to publishers who usually ruin games.

Developers, we're a whole lot nicer too, they have to suck publisher, vidya 'journalist' and youtuber cock to succeed now and that's both sad and wrong.

/v/ love developers.
/v/ hates the hanger-on types who bleed money from the industry without actually contributing at all in any meaningful way.
>>
I make mods for Half-Life
>>
I'm making the child of dark souls and mega man
>>
>>322076501
Not that anon but an art-anon.
Basically start a blog and consistently update with work that demonstrates an understanding of a good workflow -> outcome.
>>
File: 2015-09-02_00002.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-02_00002.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>322076525
I'm glad I could help.
>>
>>322077268
A blog as in real site to showcase your potfolio or just tumblr shit for random 3D stuff?
>>
>So has anyone on /v/ actually MADE anything video game related?
Yes, I've worked on multiple vidya-related projects

>Or an actual game?
At least one engine from scratch and at least one other in GM

>You are all so hateful towards vidya journalists
I write a lot, and I could write about the games I've played, but that's a small number compared to most people I felt like I haven't done enough due diligence to have a worthy opinion. I also sometimes write vidya-related fan fictions that usually turn into something else, but I've been told my ideas are interesting

>vidya youtubers
I live in the boonies so my internet is often times too slow for the capatcha, let alone watching/streaming youtube. That's not to say I haven't considered it, but I also don't have the appropriate system equipment

>vidya artists
Talking in-game art, I'm not the best sprite artist by far. I have drawn a few vidya-related posters that are hanging on my wall, such as Bowser, Kirby, and Metroid

>lazy
Yes, I admittedly have laziness issues when I'm not in classes. I often spend the entire day playing several different genres of vidya, reading books, and shitposting

>talentless
Nah, I could crank shit out if I wanted to, I'm just a bit uninspired recently. When I wanted to work on cool shit, I was in classes. When classes let out, I decided to sleep 14 hrs a day.
>>
>>322071963
>So has anyone on /v/ actually MADE anything video game related?
I run a small wiki-style site for a nipponese card collecting game, its been great so far as a learning experience (PHP, SQL, JS, etc). Does that count?
>>
I'm a professional ideas guy.
>>
>>322071963
Simple. Everyone here is an Ideas Guy
>>
I'm currently writing an undertale web series with a small team.

I doubt it'll actually happen but either way I'm just doing it for fun
>>
>>322079104
That actually sounds pretty cool, anon. I like coding but I'm more of a math-centric guy and can't be assed to deal with webdev stuff.

I'd ask for a link, but I think I'd just be wasting your time as I have no interest in Nipponese card games.
>>
i'm making some super esoteric artsy game so i can't really show it to you. sorry
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.