[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We will never have a KOTOR III made by the same Obsidian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
>We will never have a KOTOR III made by the same Obsidian team that made KOTOR II
>We will never find out the real threat that Revan & the Exile faced in the Unknown Regions, instead of the Sith Emperor retcon
>Instead we're left with a galactic microtransaction simulator disguised as a Star Wars MMO that shits on the legacy of both KOTOR I & II
>>
>>322070823
Reverse handle is retarded.
>>
>>322070823
it's been over a decade. give it up already.

Star Wars is complete shit anyway.
>>
>TOR is bad meme
>>
Reminder Revan is a little bitch who was to pussy for the dark side
>>
Just hope it wasn't the Vong.
>>
>>322070823
Obsidian are shit anyways. Kotor 2 was inferior to the original in every way.
>>
>>322070823
You will never get a coop game where you play as master and apprentice cutting down jedi and exploring the galaxy and at the end you have to fight to see if they are strong enough to beat you.
>>
>>322070823
holy crap you KOTOR fags are the most annoying fanbase ever

1 was mediorce and was typical biodrone story

2 was rushed and finished and tried way too hard to deconstruct star wars

only fucking edgy kids who have never read a book think that shit is actually written well

also please god dont let obsidion near any fucking games, they can never manage their budgets and games are always unfinished

and the only decent game they made was nwn2

now fuck off kotorfags
>>
>>322071276

Yes it is.

More based double blade saber with only the front beam engaged. Long hilt is best hilt.
>>
>>322071497
this, they got the themes and mood of Star Wars completely wrong, don't work in the IP if you can't respect it.

either way, SWTOR is good nwo that its f2p and its 8 unique classes each has an engaging campaign storyline that can be played like a singleplayer game, it is a good sequel to the kotor series. Its like having KotoR 3 through 10
>>
>>322070823
Stop spamming these threads faggots, literally 5 a day whining about MUH KOTOR

kill yourselves or play TOR

you faggots deserve TOR for liking a shit series
>>
>>322071276
Blame the artist

>>322071389
I don't think TOR is bad for what it is, but you're lying to yourself if you don't think that an MMO isn't one of the worst genre's if you're trying to develop a good, meaningful story. Also, the writers at Bioware have shit on a far amount of characters from the original games. Should have just let them rest and focused on new stories.
>>
>>322071616
agreed. Star Wars is literally a children's series and Obsidian can't release an unbuggy, optimized, crash-free, or finished game to save their lives. These meme that they're good developers just beacuse they fill their stories with grimdark philosophy 101 shit needs to end.
>>
>>322071734
except its obvious you never played TOR because all 8 of its unique class campaign storylines are just as good a SP game as KOTOR.
>>
>>322071734
>>322071936
TOR definetly got better after release too, they are focusing more on single player story and that shit is fucking good

its on par with the other kotor games

of course if you were to play it I would suggest to wait awhile until the story is finished
>>
File: 1407628569583.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1407628569583.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>all this shit taste ITT
>>
File: Rebel Scum.jpg (174 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Scum.jpg
174 KB, 500x333
>>322071681
>each has an engaging campaign storyline

Since Star Wars threads just attract baitors and shills now, let's just talk shall we?

Inquisitor was fucking shit, it was all about you needing a bunch of force ghosts to do something you couldn't do your fucking self.

Smuggler falls off a fucking cliff after act 1.

Trooper is...ok but boring.

Warrior is nice, let's fuck with the jedi and bring out their true selves while we're at it. Why not be pragmatic, oh hey I can still murder hobo everything if I want to.

Agent... Very nice.

Bounty Hunter, it's good you know what you're gonna get.

Never really did like Knight or Consular, heard horrible things about em though.

Still annoyed at the fanservice looks of the factions though.

I know it's sarcasm.
>>
Before Bioware established that the great threat in the Unknown regions was the Sith Emperor, what did you guys think it was?
>>
>>322072583
Vong.
>>
>>322073053
Don't even mention them, fuck.
>>
>>322073949
That anon is right though, Bioware had them mentioned as sending scout ships during the mandalorian wars.
>>
>>322073949
Implying the vong wouldn't have made for a hard as fuck game.
>>
I was so excited for TOR. I thought maybe just because it's an MMO, that didn't mean it wasn't the continuation of what made KOTOR great. I was wrong.
>>
>>322072583

sexbots come to free the shit out of us by fucking us to death
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
ITT: F2P's / MMO's that are good but have a near death community.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271290/
>>
>>322070823
>>We will never have a KOTOR III made by the same Obsidian team that made KOTOR II

Thank God
>>
>>322077841
I saw this game, is it really good?
>>
>>322070823
>We will never have a KOTOR III made by the same Obsidian team that made KOTOR II
That's a good thing, you twit. KotOR II is a buggy, unfinished piece of shit with a bad plot. Why would you want ANOTHER one of those? The first game isn't so hot either.
>>
>>322072415
>not liking SI story
>a slave found potent in the force is thrown in to events way over his head but absorbs old sith ghosts to give him a fighting edge
>gets himself a seat on the council
>>
>>322070823
Oldfag here. I am playing KOTOR for the first time this week. (I didn't play games when I was in college except for some Morrowind and Gamecube.)

I played the first couple of Mass Effect games. This game is better. It's really some of the best video game writing ever. I just did the thing where you get trapped in the prison and do the riddles. Got out, then quickloaded and tried failing and saw the awesome Twilight Zone-style death scene.

The game's ambiguous take on the Force makes for based storytelling. This is succeeding for me where the TFA failed. It's so many thousands of years before the other trilogy that it might as well be canon regardless of what Disney says.
>>
>>322078382
>>322079043

Nice try samefag. Return when you acquire some taste in vidya.
>>
>>322079605
>It's so many thousands of years before the other trilogy that it might as well be canon regardless of what Disney says
I think that's why Disney hasn't put out anything directly contradicting it yet. Well, besides Moraband, but that was really just Lucas.
>>
>>322079481
I mained Inquisitor back in 11... was it really that long ago?... Did not like it.

Soa was stupid but the intro to the op was great.
>>
>>322070823
http://strawpoll.me/6410697
>>
File: ThisIsBait.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsBait.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>322071681

This post disgusts me to such an extent that I've responded.

Abhorrent.
>>
File: 1446386084111.jpg (26 KB, 396x360) Image search: [Google]
1446386084111.jpg
26 KB, 396x360
>>322071681
>engaging campaign storyline that can be played like a singleplayer game

Its an mmo. Its chock full of quests with mobs you can't kill on your own. the fuck outta here with your bullshit biodrone shill
>>
I'm enjoying TOR. The Sith Warrior is pretty fun. Though I really think the game would have been. lot better off as a singleplayer game.
>>
>>322082156
Single player games aren't good for subscription service based platforms anon
>>
>>322073949
It would have been great and made sense, the Vong aren't as bad as you fuckers make them out to be.
>>
>>322070823
>made by the same Obsidian team that made KOTOR II
Good.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.