[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of buying Witcher 3, but I played the Witcher 1 recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 343x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 343x429
Thinking of buying Witcher 3, but I played the Witcher 1 recently and didn't like it cause of the shit combat system and boring generic fetch questlines.

Is the witcher 3 the same shit but with prettier graphics, or is it actually better?
>>
>>322068373
The combat is completely different and the quests are pretty good, I can't recall any fetch quests in 3.
>>
>>322068373
Two and three have a more action oriented combat, is shity but no in the level of witcher 1's combat level of shitness
>>
Is the combat as bad as 2 though? I had to drop 2 because the combat felt painful to sit through
>>
>>322070527
Yeah, is even worse.
The series combat is shit-tier at best
>>
>>322070602
Fuck. Is it still worth playing though?
>>
>>322070793
don't listen to that guy

combat is fine

its basically good arkham combat
>>
>>322070947
The fuck are you talking about retard?
The first game combat is so shit and horrible that many people stop playing it, is the worst thing of the game, and no you dumbfuck it doesn't have anything from Arkham combat (wich also is shit, but totally different).
The game is worth playing trough, if you can pass the mess that is the combat, is a good game.
>>
>>322070947
That's better than 2. Alright, I'll pick it up then
>>
>>322070527
2 had better combat.
>>
File: 1451487017029.jpg (77 KB, 597x714) Image search: [Google]
1451487017029.jpg
77 KB, 597x714
>>322068858
>>322070947

You either have fuckawful taste or you're blatantly shilling.

TW3 has awful combat. Its only tolerable against one big, heavy enemy at a time.

Fighting against two or more enemies with no buddy to split agro is a rhythmless clusterfuck. Your options for crowd control are "run away until your single-shot spell recharges", because everything that hits you sends you staggering but a warhammer to an underleveled enemys face wont stop them from completing their animations unfettered. If you focus one enemy long enough to stunlock him, his buddy leaps at you and tears your nipples off before youre three swings deep.

It can be navigated and cheesed, sure, but as with nearly everything TW3 expects you to do when its not locking things up to have a little chat, its a goddamn chore.

For every invigorating minute of conversation about political intrigue and human problems, there's five minutes of draining, stagnant gameplay.

The games metacritic score is stapled up in the 90s because of its writing and reviewers like when they can say "ooooo how mature videogames have become".

Strip it of its story and dialog and itd be a sagging 60 with only its graphics inflating the score. It sucks to play.
>>
>>322068373
Buy it OP it's really fun. Combat is challenging at times, story is great, side quests are pretty great, sometimes better than the main one.
>>
Combat is fucking TERRIBLE. Just started it a couple nights ago. Shit lock on, clunky moves, generic magic, wack animation, and the WORST movement in recent memory. Geralt cannot turn around without hurling himself in a huge semicircle.
>>
>>322074357
Git gud faggot. Is easy as fuck to just pivot on the spot. wack animation? M80 this game has amazing animations.
>>
>>322074357
Nice memes my friend.
>>
>>322068373
It's pretty different game.
The combat is great and varies a lot and all the quests are pretty fun.
>>
>>322074357
>clunky moves, generic magic, wack animation, and the WORST movement in recent memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeIPxf-fhjs

Righto champ. Sounds like you were just a shitty witcher.
>>
>>322070947
I would rather play Arkham 5000 times for combat than w3 for an hour.
>>
>>322068373
Got a free copy from buying graphics card, ended up spending 200 hours on it.
>>
>>322074504
>>322074572
>>322074803
Poland pls go
>>
>>322068373
> of the shit combat system

You haven't played it nearly enough to get used to the combat, you will get better at it as time goes along

> boring generic fetch questlines.

That's just in chapter 1 and one quest in chapter 2

Just skip the entire series you faggot
>>
>>322074803
>. Sounds like you were just a shitty witcher.

Right on. /v/ has some of the worst weaboshits and autists on the internet, a lot of the autism comes from that it's not like Dark Souls
>>
File: 1056.gif (772 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1056.gif
772 KB, 250x200
>>322075609
Pretty much, i love DS1 and Demons souls but fuck that series is stale now. And it seems if an rpg doesnt have that combat it's automatically bad. TW3 on death march is some of the most rewarding play i've experienced in recent years.
>>
It's the best game ever made captain. Definitely get it
>>
>people unironically defending shitty TES button mashing
>>
>>322073058
did a nerve get hit?

you should go to your safespace now since you seem triggered
>>
>>322076102
youwotm8?

I swear sometimes i think people play on easier difficulties then whinge the combat is too easy or too mashy. Play this game on death march and i bet you wont get far mashing like in TES games.
>>
>>322076450
Morrowind had the shittest scaling
>start the game at such low level with no gear, instantly attacked by cliff racers and dark brotherhood, so pretty much your only option is to turn down difficulty
>figure out how the game works, become godlike, no enemy can stand up to you even on highest difficulty, kill Vivec in one hit, deal so much damage the game crashes
>>
>>322073058
here's your replay m8
>>
>>322070602
>>322071354
The fuck? Witcher 3 added the sidestep, which makes it infinitely better than 2,
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.