[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 91f3S5K+QnL._SX425_.jpg (50 KB, 425x530) Image search: [Google]
91f3S5K+QnL._SX425_.jpg
50 KB, 425x530
Should I get it?
>>
if you hate yourself yes
otherwise just get bloodborne
>>
>>322065502
its okay.
>>
>>322065502

No. Do not. Wait for Dark Souls 3. As much content that version of Dark Souls 2 may have, I recommend being part of the initial community of Dark Souls 3.

Souls games are the best when a Meta hasn't quite developed, so you can enjoy invading/defending much more than you would if you entered the game late.

And frankly, if this is your first Souls game, you might as well just have Dark Souls 3 be your first one.
>>
Get it if you haven't played the DLC, I believe it is cheaper.

Get it if you're looking to PVP on PC, regular das2 PVP is dead.

Get it if you want to take advantage of dx11
>>
>>322065502
No. Not worth the time even if free
>>
>>322066623
That meme should be banned, tha game's trash, and there a are a million of reasons of why is considered trash-tier
>>
>>322065502

Save your money for DaSIII. It's coming out in April.

Not that DaSII is bad or anything, but you might as well wait for the third one because it's going to be the most new/refined/etc Souls title.
>>
Just got this for cheap. How the fuck do I equip a shield?
>>
>>322065502
It's worth getting if you played the first, but only really good for one complete play through. It's the weakest entry to the series, but a great game regardless.
>>
>>322070413
Put it in one of the slots for your off hand
>>
>>322070413
You're gonna be in for a fun ride.
>>
>>322065502
Yes. It's quite good. It's on par with DaS despite what others tell you. This is coming from a guy who still plays both games religiously.
>>
I played through all of DS2, but not the dlc. Has there been any significant balance changes? Is mundane decent? What soul level has the most PVP?
>>
If you haven't played Dark Souls 2 then 100% yes. Much better than the original game.
>>
>>322065502
Homos here love to bitch about it but its sometimes better than the first.

1 is overrated as fuck
>>
>>322070517
How do I that from the inventory menu
>>
>>322070748
Kill yourself
>>
>>322070924
Not in the inventory menu, in the equip menu.

Inventory menu is for looking at items or using consumables.

>>322070970
>kill myself because SotFS is better than vanilla
ok senpai
>>
File: 335300_2015-12-30_00006.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
335300_2015-12-30_00006.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>322070924
Equip menu, like so.
>>
>>322065502
not on PS4
>>
>>322071172
>100.4% equip load
what the fuck, fatty
>>
>>322071172
Oh okay.

I figured out how to dual wield swords though. Is dual wield a viable strategy?
>>
>>322067020
hey, well put anon
>>
>>322071331
yeah seriously
>>
>>322065502
Only good thing about it is all the build/cosplay you can do, because the rest is trash

Shit animations, enemy tracking out the ass, shit hitboxes, can't even dodge properly because some jap fucker thought it would be fine to tie rolling to a stat, shit world design, interesting lore is nowhere to be found.

Honestly, just wait for DSIII, and hope it's a good one.
>>
>>322071331
>>322071729
It's for coop, so I stayed low for my cosplay.

>>322071475
Dual wield can be pretty great, although some weapons are better than others for it. I like dual Curved Swords for example, it has a decent damage and moves.
If you want to punch everything Caestus works too.
>>
>>322065502
It's alright. Nt great by the standards set by the first two, but still better than most games
>>
Get it for the DLC

All three DLC combined are literally better than anything else in the Souls series.

Just make sure to skip every single optional area except for Alonne's Memory because holy shit they are awful.
>>
It's pretty fucking garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jrShSwjPU

These two videos sum up all it's issues perfectly, the second a little better than the first as MatthewMatosis reviews the original release, whereas SotFS does admittedly fix a number of problems with the game and does include the DLC which are undoubtedly the highlight of the game.

To say they are "the best in the souls series" though is outrageous, as even though the level design in them is good, it still doesn't fix the ridiculous hitboxes, tying rolling to a stat, the clunky animations and unsatisfying combat, and the tons of other issues the game has. I only put about 30 hours into it before I dropped it.

Got a PS4 coming in on the 3rd though and I'm super fucking hyped to try Bloodborne.
>>
>>322074789
oh yeah and this guy is actually pretty great but nearly fucking impossible with my greatsword build. Still haven't managed to beat him.
>>
>>322074789
Are you retarded? The guy is not playing SoTFS in the second video.

Also, the second video also makes the claim that the base game of Dark Souls 2 is a solid 7/10, which I'm pretty sure goes against your argument of, "Its pretty fucking garbage."
>>
File: 2015-04-17_00002.jpg (503 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-17_00002.jpg
503 KB, 1680x1050
>>322075097
If I can do it with a Greathammer you can do it with a Greatsword, I believe in you motherfucker.
>>
>>322075097
died to him so many times it made me a dodge master when I finally beat him
>>
>>322075885
>play through all of Bloodborne before I finally played the DLC of Dark Souls II
>Fume Knight feels slow as shit and easy now
>>
>>322075395
at no point did I say the second one was about SotFS, I just said Matthew's vid wasn't about it. But he does mention the DLC and it's increase in quality, which I do agree with, and while I don't agree with his score, his critcisms of the game are all valid and logically structured and explained. I think it's a good vid. and I still think Dark Souls 2 is a bad game. Not just by Souls standards either. It feels sloppy, incoherent, disjointed, and lacks the interconnectedness of the other games which he also touches on. It's downright ugly, the downgrade in graphics is apparent throughout the whole game, with areas often looking completely unfinished (The completely barren landscapes outside of the Forest of Fallen Giants, the completely fucked lighting throughout the whole game), and enemy designs taking a significant step back, without any reasoning as to why what is where.

But please, if you can explain what makes it a good game, and if you tell me it wasn't your first in the series, I'll be impressed. Go on. Shoot.
>>
I'm finishing up on bloodborne and wanna know whether I should play DaS or DaSII next, kinda scared to play DaS1 first since I might not enjoy 2 after playing the original first. What are your opinions bros?!?!
>>
>>322077312
they'll both be a downgrade from Bloodborne. Dks1 will be less of a downgrade. Dks2 will feel like absolute garbage coming from BB, and is honestly worth skipping entirely.
>>
>>322077312
Play DaS 1, and then play SotFS.
>>
>>322076336
I misunderstood you I guess.

>These two videos sum up all it's issues perfectly, the second a little better than the first as MatthewMatosis reviews the original release, whereas SotFS does admittedly fix a number of problems with the game

This sounds as if you are implying that the second video is better than the first, because MatthewMatosis reviewed the original release. This made me think you were implying the second video was better than the first because it was about SotFS. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, I never implied that I thought Dark Souls 2 was a good game. I do however think the DLC is better than AotA however, which is probably a "controversial" opinion.
>>
>>322071204
Why not?
>>
>>322079115
An understandable mistake. As for whether the DLC is better than AotA, I'm inclined to agree with you because I honestly don't think that AotA is that great outside of Manus and Artorias themselves. And Oolacile Township is pretty great too, but the Sanctuary Guardian and Royal Wood are both pretty shitty. However, I can't really say that fairly as I have only gotten to the end of one of the DLC's, the one with Fume Knight, before I dropped the game. Maybe the other two DLC make the game tolerable, but at this point, I really just don't care enough to push through and find out, especially when I've got Bloodborne on the way and that'll probably suck me in for a good couple hundred more hours.

Here's hoping Dks3 isn't shit. Cheers anon.
>>
>>322077312

Both games will feel incredibly slow compared to BB. You might get bored.
>>
My lockon keeps switching targets and spazzing out.

Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>322079892
Disable auto lockon and automatic camera something I think.
>>
>>322079505
I really do recommend trying the Crown of the Ivory King DLC if you're willing to go back to it. Its probably my favorite area of the series, mainly because the entire level you're building up to boss fights. The first part of the area you're trying to find an item that'll allow you to see the first boss, and for the main part you're searching all over for knights that will help you with the final boss. Speaking of the final boss, its fucking fantastic. It has some shortcomings but it comes so close to being one of the best of the series, if not the best. Its just so fucking cool. I had a dumb grin on my face the entire fight like I did when I first fought Ludwig.

Skip the optional area though, its fucking shit just like the rest of the DLC optional areas.
>>
>>322065502
Absolutely. It's a great game and a huge improvement over DaS2's base version in a variety of ways
>>
>>322080613
Except for Iron Keep.
>>
File: 1406322668391.png (9 KB, 302x362) Image search: [Google]
1406322668391.png
9 KB, 302x362
Ok, I'm not OP, but I just got to Iron Keep. How bad are the changes from hear on out?
I haven't explored the Lost Bastille yet, except for have access to the bonfire you get from the bird who carries you after the Pursuer fight.
>>
>>322080760
Careful, you're soundin' mighty casual there partner.
>>
>>322080774
You need a fragrant branch for Bastille as well.
>>
>>322065502
No. Stay away from anything made by Fromshit
>>
OK GUYS: so i left for a year or so and then i find that there's a new version with all the dlc and that it supports DX11 so... they offer me an upgrade i want to know if it's an upgrade to the dx11 version and not the dx9.. anyone know?
>>
>>322080896
I am actually. No other issues with the game except that area.
>>
>>322080901
Why?
>>
>>322081097
dx11 if it's on the scholar of the first sin store page
>>
>>322081246
Because they added a random statue in SOTFS.
>>
I enjoy it as much as, if not more than, the original
>>
>>322081412
They added more branches too though. It's one of the better changes. Fragrant Branches function like a keys to access shortcuts, estus shards and more.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.