[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
Why do people buy this garbage?

It's not a matter of nogaems, it's a matter of no wortwhile exclusives, lets take a look:

>Knack
A terrible platforming game
>Killzone SF
Great showcase of console graphics, absolutely mediocrity in everything else
>Infamous SS
Way worse than Infamous 2
>LBP3
No MM and a fuckton of bugs
>The Order
2 hours cancerous TPS full of QTEs
>Until Dawn
A movie, literally an interactive movie
>Driveclub
A clusterfuck that wants to be arcade and sim and fails at both
>Bloodborne
Only exclusive worthwhile, but a single fucking game does not justify $350.

Then why does this piece of shit already sold over 30 millions?
>>
>>322053685
Bloodborne alone is worth the $350.
>>
>>322053685
PC is not an option for most people, so it's meaningless to them if a PS4 game is also on PC. You people value exclusives way too highly.
>>
>>322054450
/thread
>>
>>322053685
I want to play Second Son and form my own opinion
Until Dawn does what it aimed to do and did it well
Bloodborne is gud

But 2016 is looking great
Amplitude is about to come out
Project Diva Future Tone and X are coming out
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
And some other shit probably.

More games than I've bought this year at least. Worth it to me.
>>
>>322054450
Even when I'm a PC supremacist, when one of my coworkers asked me for advice about upgrading his toaster or buying a console, I told him he would be better with the console.
He wants something easy to install and use so he can play games with his wife and friends. Consoles exist for that people, and said people are the majority.
>>
>>322054108
FIFA 16 alone is worth the $350
>>
Disgaea 5 was pretty great, probably my favorite of the series.
>>
>>322054806
>so he can play games with his wife and friends
How many are there games for the PS4 with local multiplayer?
>>
>Why?
sonyggers gonna nyg'
>>
>Then why does this piece of shit already sold over 30 millions?
moms and hipsters need their netflix machines
>>
>>322053685
>LBP3
>No MM and a fuckton of bugs
I dunno, Sumo Digital did a pretty good job.
>>
>>322055094
I told him to buy a 360. It has kinect shit and Fifa.
>>
>>322055793
Xbone and kinect is objectively the better Netflix box.
>>
File: Anime.jpg (87 KB, 524x702) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
87 KB, 524x702
>>322053685
Because I want to play most of these games

-Yakuza 0
-Persona5
-Nier:A
-FF15
-FF7R Ep1. part 1/6 sub chapter 1 of 20
-OdinSphere remake
-Aegis Rim: 13 Sentinels
-Star Ocean 5
-Tales of Berseria
-Valkyria revolution
-Horizon
-DragonsDogma PC
-The Last Vaporware
-DarkSouls3
-DeusEx
-XCOM2
-GranTurismo Sport
-Ace Combat 7
-Ikenie to yuki no setsuna
-Wild
-Gravity rush 2
-The Witch and the Hundred Knight
-Ni No Kuni 2 (male)
-Nioh
-Digimon Cybersluts
-Dragon's Dogma Online
-GrandKingdom
-DeepDown to be a thing
-Exist Archive
-Monster Hunter X

Next year, as opposed to waiting 3-5 years for a port or 15 years for a PS4 emulator

Feels good being an idort
>>
>>322053685
Playstation is always the weeb console. If you're a weeb then it's a great investment
>>
>>322055094
Cod and fifa
You can even do 4 player local zombie
>>
>>322055948
Naa, with PS4 they get netflix and that sony service.. Vue.
>>
Disgaea 5
EDF 4.1
Yakuza 0 may as well be because the ps3 can no longer handle the series
>>
>>322056020
They're not doing so well on the weeb right now. Even the PS3 was a bit low on the weeb compared to PS1 and 2.
>>
>>322053685
>why does a well marketed, reasonably priced platform with good press and barely any competition due to microsoft and nintendo fucking up sell well?
are you retarded?
>>
I don't really care about Western games (apart from GTA, a series that now prefers churning out inferior games every 5 years compared to what we used to get), so whatever bonus in regards to graphic fidelity there might be is lost on me.

The few JRPGs that get ported over to PC don't benefit much from better graphics and seriously, who plays those for the graphics in the first place. Don't get me wrong, it's a bonus but a slight improvement of a single factor will not make me buy a PC.

As a result, the PS4 is a good option not only for exclusives but also multiplats as the PC bonus for those, in my case, becomes invalid. The moment you own a PS4 but not a PC is the moment multiplats become one of its strenghts (in the scenario of owning both, they don't). Don't get me wrong, the weak list of exclusives is worrisome and inexcusable but with the trend going towards sales maxing through broad availability, that goes for every platform out there. As a result, if you don't care much about graphics, the argument of "You can play these multiplats enhanced on PC!" makes way for "I can't play these games on PC that I can play on PS4, therefore, I'll go with the PS4.".

Add to that the fact that you can also buy a console for announced future releases while playing the few games it already has that you're interested in and you'll have an even broader perspective. Right now, there's only Bloodborne. Which is saddening but thanks to my Vita and other hobbies, I'll manage.

Soon, there'll also be Odin Sphere HD, 13 Sentinels, Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna, Digmon, yada yada. Guess what? These aren't on PC.

The only multiplat I'm interested in is DaS 3. Now, should I forfeit the aforementioned game just so that I can play that other one with better graphics, given a certain investment? I don't think so.

And that, OP, sums up why _I_ am not interested in a PC over a PS4. These specific circumstances speak for a PS4, not against it.
>>
File: the new dudebro station.png (579 KB, 2000x781) Image search: [Google]
the new dudebro station.png
579 KB, 2000x781
>>322056020
>Playstation is always the weeb console.
How's it like living under a rock anon-kun?
>>
File: IMG_20151226_204055463.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151226_204055463.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>322053685
EDF 4.1 is pretty great
>>
>>322056020
>Playstation is always the weeb console
Not since the Uncharted series.
That's why something contradictory like neogaf exists: a place where Sony is worshipped and weeb things are considered abominations.
>>
>>322055991
>Digimon Cybersluts
I wish this was an actual game.
>>
>>322056391
Is that a manual?
>>
>>322056267
P. sure that his point isn't that weeb games sell the most but what he explicitly stated - if you're a weeb, go for the PS4.
>>
>>322055991
Yo, how do I into Yakuza?
>>
>>322056468
Yes 50 page manual. Crazy to see isn't it?
>>
File: komari_eating.gif (754 KB, 317x423) Image search: [Google]
komari_eating.gif
754 KB, 317x423
>he's not an idort

Oh boy, oh boy. I hope you like NEVER EVER threads, cause you're about to see a lot this year.
>>
>>322055991
S-shut up nerd! Fucking casual!!!! If you play a game on a console that you even think MIGHT be on PC in a 20 YEAR WINDOW you are a fucking loser casual normalfag loser.

God, when I think that there are people right now buying games WHEN THEY COME OUT instead of WAITING to PIRATE them on PC so they can play them the way they were INTENDED, that is, 8K, 7000000000 FPS my autism just flares up SO BADLY!!!!!! AHHHH!HHHHHHHH!
>>
>>322057460
Are you ok?
>>
>>322056020
Well, it would be strange if Japanese console wouldn't be a weed console.
>>
File: N++.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
N++.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>322055094
Many. /v/ memers just assume WiiU is the only console with co-op and that PS4 is a desert. I'm going to spend newyear's playing MTG and N++ with friends.

Other than N++, here are other couch co-op games. I'm also going to list multiplats as it's up to you to ignore them, while others may welcome them (also kiddie games for those who have children):

-Diablo 3 (persistent characters for each person, long game to play if a friend comes often)
-Helldivers (same as above)
-Bordelands 2 (same as above)
-Rayman Legends
-Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare
-Any Lego game
-Disney Infinity
-Skylanders
-Trine 2
-Magicka 2
-Gauntlet
-Geometry Wars 3
-Binding of Isaac
-RocketLeague
-Metal Slug 3
-BroForce
-Towerfall Ascension
-LittleBigPlanet 3
-The obvious racing, sports and FPS games

I'm sure there are more I don't remember. But yes it has plenty of choices for couch co-op

>>322056496
You don't. Learn to Nippon.
You can still emulate the early ones. buy 5 translated on PS3, and then 0 for the PS4 in english (2016). Zero is a good starting point though, it's the most polished and a prequel. But otherwise just emulate them.

>>322056462
well it's pretty close
>>
>>322056496
Play the series in order. 1 - 5 are all localized. Take it easy so you don't get burned out.

Dead Souls can and most likely should be skipped.
>>
File: Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg (182 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg
182 KB, 250x353
>muh exclusives!!!
enjoy not even buying the closest thing to a original ip that nintendo didn't even make. you autist
>>
>>322057667
I'd say it's a pretty solid list, thanks.
I wasn't even aware of some games having local multiplayer, but PC isn't usually a platform for local multiplayer games.
>>
>>322057535
I-I-I-I-I-I I just care about gaming and doing it at the highest quality possible, like any true PC master race video game aficionado!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: EDF4.1.webm (3 MB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1.webm
3 MB, 480x288
>>322057667
>>322058578
Oh shit I forgot about one of the most fun, EDF4.1 (pic related)

>I wasn't even aware of some games having local multiplayer
I'm not positive on this, but I think PC version of Diablo3 lacks local co-op, or at least it did on PS4's D3 launch, maybe they added it in. Or not.

No clue.
>>
>>322053685
You're really mad
>>
>>322053685
>Only exclusive worthwhile, but a single fucking game does not justify $350.
It has been worthwhile for me. Honestly, the console itself is a piece of shit with ancient technology and I wish the game was on my PC instead, but I've poured about 150 hours into BB and I can see myself easily going for another 150. Adding to that, I only bought the console and I've not paid for anything else.

And it sells to normies, that's just how it is anon. They are the market, not us fags here at /v/.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.