[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else kinda looking forward to this? It reminds me a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone else kinda looking forward to this? It reminds me a little bit of Mercenaries from what I've seen
>>
File: 1451081248344.jpg (92 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1451081248344.jpg
92 KB, 480x640
>>322049297
I'll give it credit for absolutely confusing me when they first revealed it. I had no clue what the fuck it was supposed to be. It's definitely seems like it's doing some things I've never seen.

But it's Ubisoft. So I'm expecting it to end up being another generic open world game by the time it comes out.
>>
Maybe.

It's Ubisoft though, something will be fucky with it.
>>
>>322050060
I don't play many open world games anymore, so I'm not as burnt out on them. I know it'll probably be optimized badly though. Rainbow six was ok, but not sure if it's the same team
>>
>>322049297

A tacticool co-op version of MGS 5... meh, might be OK.

It all depends on what you're capable of doing in the game. Vehicles,helicopters, etc. Having a guy in an attack helicopter assisting with an assault might be fun with 4 or 5 guys.
>>
>>322050357
There are ground vehicles, not sure about air. The whole capturing people, open world, vehicles reminds me of Mercs. Hoping there are aircraft, at least helicopters.
>>
I would be very hype, but it's just going to be exactly like the rest of Ubisoft's now sterile, cookie cutter open world games (Far Cry 3 and 4, Ass Creed, Watch Dogs, etc). A million pointless side objectives, towers to reveal the map, the whole generic package. Same goes for The Division.
>>
>>322050338
It's not even about being burnt out, Ubisoft just does them very poorly. Ubisoft open world games have the open world basically act like a hub world.

You just run towards objective markers a lifeless oversized hub world that is padded out with piss easy enemies. And then the missions are disconnected and linear.
>>
>>322050484

>the Division

Tom Clancy games tend to be OK. I can't think of a bad one off the top of my head.

>inb4; R6: Vegas

Vegas was good, it was just the worst R6 game.
>>
>>322050484
The Division is trying to be like Destiny. Some weird MMO type thing. It looks terrible
>>
>>322049297
A lot more than kinda looking forward to it here. I always doubt ubiclancy games pre-release by thinking they're gonna forget their systemic gameplay roots in favor of a cash grab CoD model, and they keep proving me wrong and making me happy. I can't wait to play the entire game with two buds who're getting it even if I have to buy it for them. Looking more forward to it than division/for honor or any other ubi title.
>>
>>322050826
Vegas 1 and 2 are the best Rainbow Six games. It's the truth and I won't apologize for it. Siege would be great if it had a campaign.
>>
>>322050992
It's great despite not having it, lone wolf.
>>
>>322050918
As someone who actually liked Destiny and has put hundreds of hours in, that sounds terrible to me as well. There is no way Ubisoft doesn't take everything that was wrong with that game and make it way worse. Hard pass.
>>
File: cookie dog.gif (799 KB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
cookie dog.gif
799 KB, 400x332
>>322050992
>Vegas 1 and 2 are the best Rainbow Six games.
Eugh, disgusting.
>>
>>322051180
The gunplay looks really bad. It's got like no impact, just a kind of numbers going up like in borderlands or something
>>
>>322050724

Watch Dogs had good multiplayer. The single player was shit, hated that protagonist, the missions, the story, the setting, the themes, they managed to do absolutely nothing right with the single player other than instance invasions.

Ubi made Silent Hunter 3 and rainbow 6... I forgive them for making some shit games recently.
>>
>>322050060
Its heavily inspired by mgsv it seems
>>
>>322051297
but they even fucked up invasions by making them piss easy to detect
>>
>>322051115
It's very fun, but lacking. With a campaign and AI squadmates, it would be the best one, but as usual Ubisoft was too lazy.
>>
>>322051306
how exactly?
>>
>>322051306
>Ubisoft is making a game that is heavily inspired by the game that was too ambitious for Hideo Kojima
Excuse me for being a skeptical.
>>
>>322050918
What a terrible summarization of an actual open world game. Fact is we still don't know a lot about it. I'm looking forward to it op
>>
Ubisoft open world games are all basically the same
>>
>>322051641
What the fuck are you talking about? Have you seen the Xbox gameplay from earlier this month? It's a shitty Destiny type game with weak gun combat and the typical cover system.
>>
>>322051297
Watch Dogs leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. It's just boring and stupid but I think my own bad experiences with Chicago in real life also color my perception of it, somewhat unfairly. I did like how the shooting mechanics felt though and the stealth was ok, even if the rest was as bland as can be.
>>
>>322051464

Not if you knew what you were doing. People kept starting the hack in the middle of no where.

The hiding in a crowd thing only worked before you began, where you had to find the target and link your phone, you could go a large distance from the target before out of range. Just find a good hiding spot when on you own and head there every time you invaded someone else. I was ranked top 1%, no one knew how to play it, it was fucking glorious!
>>
>>322051583
>filename
this is so fucking good, how have i missed this before
>>
Ubisoft: The Game: Operators Operating Operations
>>
>>322051641
There was an alpha test on Xbone a few weeks ago anon and I watched my buddy who got in play a bit, it's literally Ubi's attempt at a pseudo-MMOFPS like Destiny. Focused heavily on loot grind and there's no single player.
>>
If it wasn't Ubisoft I'd be fucking pumped, but because it is them we already know that it will be that generic Ubisoft open word formula once again. And I've sure had my share of that cake for years to come, so fuck it.
>>
>>322052284
Not everyone buys every ubisoft game and is burnt out on their formula. I haven't played one since AC2
>>
>>322052378
You shouldn't support such a copy-paste game design.
>>
File: bus.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bus.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
Hey the Division was actually pretty neat, especially the Dark Zone shit

Combat was solid
Game was comfy as fuck, can't wait to play the beta on my PC since it'll look even better and not have shit frame rate
>>
>>322052493
Says the guy who seems to have been buying them "For years"
>>
>>322052378
If you truly haven't, then it could be really good. I personally found Far Cry 3 the last fun Ubibox game, but that's more due to hitting my personal limits than the actual game quality tanking.
>>
>>322052550
Not everyone who responds to you is the same person anon.
>>
>>322052378
Ok? Good for you, but that's not the case for a lot of us and it absolutely doesn't excuse the tired, lazy formula they've been using for the past 5 or so years.
>>
>>322052846
>Complains about tired lazy formula
>Plays them every year

I wonder why they continue to do it...
>>
>>322052378
Such truth. Can be applied to nearly every complaint spoiled /v/ babies have.

>>322052493
Logic and reading comprehension would benefit you in this case

>>322052846
Don't like. Don't buy. Lurk more. Cry less, baby /v/
>>
>>322053009
>this shill
>>
>>322053009
>Logic and reading comprehension would benefit you in this case

Are you responding to the right person?
>>
>>322052534
You are aware that shooting out the tires of vehicles is something you can do in every shooter of the past 10 years, yes? Because that webm is not anything special
>>
File: 1447267465313.jpg (121 KB, 794x1123) Image search: [Google]
1447267465313.jpg
121 KB, 794x1123
>>322049297
soon
>>
File: AW SHIT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AW SHIT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322053389
It's the only webm of that game i've bothered to make
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.