[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this series getting praise for literally ripping off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg (361 KB, 1074x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg
361 KB, 1074x1500
Why is this series getting praise for literally ripping off works of other people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVe-CeThGug&index=3&list=LLxlR53BOncBeMisYWXFvu0w
>>
>>322049137
>linking to Razorfist
>>
File: tw3.png (48 KB, 584x290) Image search: [Google]
tw3.png
48 KB, 584x290
>>322049239
He's def right about dat Glitcher.
>>
>>322049137
>Why is this series getting praise for literally ripping off works of other people?

It isn't. It's getting praise for being a great game.
>>
>>322049441
It's getting praise for having a good story when it's just some pretentious shallow shit and the main character is a literal rip off of Elric

Try again.
>>
>>322049137
>ripping off works of other people?

how new to creativity are you
>>
>>322049369
Even if he is I don't care about his opinions.
>>
I REALLY wanted to like Razorfist, because he digs a lot of old school PC games, but FUCK does he just ooze contrarian opinions

>RLM and Plinkett are unfunny
>The prequels weren't that bad
>The Witcher is same as Elric even though they are literally nothing alike beyond the fact they're both albino
>MGS is not as good a stealth game as Thief 2 even though it clearly isn't trying to fulfill the niche

Holy fuck, what a faggot
>>
>>322049576
>Try again

You said it's getting praise for ripping something off, you're wrong no one is praising that or even cares about that. It's still a great game sorry you and this kid who sits at his own table during lunch at school don't like the game.
>>
>>322049758
Nope, it's not a great game. It's a flavor of the month piece of shit shallow RPG that is inferior to fucking Skyrim, which was awful.
>>
>>322049731
He's right about all of those except the Prequels not being bad.

RLM is unfunny, Mike is a fucking sellout, Witcher is trash and MGS is trash.
>>
>>322049576
> A literal rip-off of Elric
factually incorrect
>>
>>322049836
Proof?
>>
>>322049836
>What is subjectivity

Stay mad, I'm over here enjoying a game along with most other gamers since it seems to be the consensus that it is well liked.
>>
And why should I bother as a consumer? It is a great game the world/setting is awesome and they pulled it of to realise it in the game.
>>
>>322050069
Because it is indeed NOT a good game.

Fuck off CDPR shills.
>>
File: 1360245602425.png (479 KB, 899x717) Image search: [Google]
1360245602425.png
479 KB, 899x717
>>322049137
>over the age of 13
>has posters and toys all over his room
>>
>>322049927
>RLM is unfunny
What is more your kind of comedy then, oh enlightened individual

>Witcher is trash
I'm not discussing it's quality, I'm saying that Geralt is just copy pasted Elric is completely incorrect

>MGS is trash
Again, you're not addressing my point. MGS is incomparable to as a stealth Thief because they are attempting vastly different things
>>
>>322050236
Fuck off neckbeard.
>>
>>322050149
In my opinion it is a good game. Whatcha ya going to do about it? I never said it is a fact that game is good. Its hard isnt it to accept people dont have the same opinion as you.
>>
>>322050337
OH BOY NOW HE'S USING BIG-BOY WORDS LIKE FUCK.
Come back with an argument, shitter.
>>
>>322050149
>almost everyone likes the game apart from me
>going to call anyone who likes it a shill

gas yourself
>>
>>322050510
>>322050454
>>322050405
Go to the mailbox and collect that cheque from CDPR you faggots.
>>
>>322049576
>Elric

Who?
>>
>>322050575
Go to your girlfriends vag and collect her bull's spunk with your chin, Razorcuck.
>>
>>322050575
Lemme just shill one of the most highly praised, highest selling games of the year on an anime board. Yep, we definitely need those non-sales since everyone here already owns it or brags about how cool they are for pirating games in every thread.
>>
>>322049576
And Tolkien ripped off The Ring of the Nibelung, I don't see you crying about it.
>>
>>322050575
Kek

But seriously why should I as a consumer bother with the fact they ripped of the story. I am a consumer I want to consume stuff I like, why should I even bother if guy X of guy Y was the creator of the story or experince?
>>
>>322050874
That's because the faggot in the video has a LotR poster on the wall behind him in the video. The series isn't in the limelight enough atm for him to be contrarian about it.
>>
>>322049137
People are suckers for mediocre wrpgs.
>>
Is it day time in polack land? so many shills are awake it seems
>>
>>322050950
You shouldn't. Everything borrows from everything. Enjoy what you enjoy, who fucking cares.
>>
>>322051251
Blue boards are SFW boards, not to be confused with Safe Space boards. You should go elsewhere if they want to avoid people who don't have your edgey 'I hate popular things because I found every little detail to pick apart so that I look so smarter than those sheeple' opinion.
>>
>>322049137
I'm now taking a shot for each time Daniel Harris advertises his videos on /v/
>>
>>322051413
Yep that is exactly my point. But I want that faggot's response, to see what is his arguments are.. Also isntnthe witcher series based on a book series? So shouldnt the writer of those books be called out and not cdpr?
>>
File: 1440969438275.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1440969438275.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>322049137
So many butthurt cunts here.
Are you really that mad that one of the best video game series ever won most game of year awards? KEK
>>
>>322051890
There are some claims that Andre Sapkowski's Witcher series has many parallels to Michael Moorcock's Elric of Milniborn.
In the video in the OP, Razorfag does just that. He says he won't review the Witcher's games because of Sapkowski, but says that CDProjek are alright
>>
File: 409182.jpg (406 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
409182.jpg
406 KB, 653x635
>That same ass blasted shitposter is still at it
>Some anon said this is exactly what he would post next

Hilarious. Its GOTY OP no matter how much you shitpost.
>>
>>322049137
this guy looks like he needs to grow up
>>
What a fucking retard

>Elric is the last emperor of the stagnating island civilisation of Melniboné. Physically weak and frail, the albino Elric must take drugs (special herbs) to maintain his health. In addition to herb lore, his character becomes an accomplished sorcerer and summoner, able to summon powerful, supernatural allies by dint of his royal Melnibonéan bloodline. Unlike most others of his race, Elric has a conscience; he sees the decadence of his culture and worries about the rise of the Young Kingdoms, populated by humans (as Melniboneans do not consider themselves such) and the threat they pose to his empire. Because of his introspective self-loathing of Melnibonéan traditions, his subjects find him odd and unfathomable, and his cousin Yyrkoon (next in the line of succession, as Elric has no heirs) interprets his behaviour as weakness and plots Elric's death. As emperor of Melniboné, Elric wears the Ring of Kings, also called the Ring of Actorios, and is able to call for aid upon the traditional patron of the Melniboné emperors, Arioch, a Lord of Chaos and Duke of Hell. From the first story, Elric uses ancient pacts and agreements with not only Arioch but various other beings—some gods, some demons—to help him accomplish his tasks. Elric's finding of the sword Stormbringer serves as both his greatest asset and greatest disadvantage. The sword confers upon Elric strength, health, and fighting prowess, but it must be fed by the souls of those struck with the black blade. In the end, the blade takes everyone close to Elric and eventually Elric's own soul as well. Most of Moorcock's stories about Elric feature this relationship with Stormbringer, and how it—despite Elric's best intentions—brings doom to everything he holds dear.

I don't see the connections. At all. Not even a little. There's NO parallels.
>>
>>322052265
OP why are you calling me a CDPR shill if you beloves ol razorfag says CDPR is fine.
>>
>>322052649
B-but muh white hair
>>
>>322052343
GOTY based on what? A shitty awards show that no one that is not autistic cares about?

The real GOTY is Shadowrun.
>>
>>322053014
I'd say GOTY is bloodborne but yeah, TW3 isn't anything above 7/10
>>
File: 786456456.gif (860 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
786456456.gif
860 KB, 389x259
>>322053014
Ebin b8.
GOTY based on that it is GOTY for most gaming sites etc.
Stay mad, shit-eating retard.
>>
>>322053014
Dragonfall didn't come out this year.
>>
>>322052649

Arthas seems more of a copy of Elric than Geralt tho based on that description
>>
Wow what a manchild, it's great that he thinks he's the only person that knows about Elric of Melnibone though, not like that wasn't one of the most influential fantasy books since LOTR or anything.
>>
>>322052683
I'm neither OP or that guy that called you a shill. Sometimes anonymous posting gets a little messy
>>
>>322049576
literally nobody outside /v/ cares.
And 500 people aren't really relevant.
>>
>>322049576
Geralt is literally nothing like Elric besides some coincidental similarities.
>They both have white hair
So do tons of other characters
>They both use elixirs
Wow, definitely proves that they are literally the same shit. Disregard the fact that Elric needs them as a medicine, while Geralt uses them to improve his effectiveness in combat.

I mean you have to be a special kind of retard to believe that a noble wizard abandoning his own empire who uses magical demonical sword is somehow similar to a mutant hunting monsters.
>>
>>322055329
i think they both eat and both have heads too
>>
>>322049137
I read Elrics story and it was awful.

The differences were meerly cosmetic. He's wrong about their personalities. I doubt that faggot read the witcher books.
>>
>>322055937
similarities

I'm not a smart man...
>>
>linking to Razorfist
Fuck off Razorfist
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.