[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever feel that, despite enjoying a game, you just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: tdt.jpg (70 KB, 521x544) Image search: [Google]
tdt.jpg
70 KB, 521x544
Do you ever feel that, despite enjoying a game, you just want to finish it and move onto something else?
>>
>>322047179
Can happen with games that are 80+h to finish.
Sometimes at around 3/4 I'm getting kinda bored of it and then slump around, but then, near the end, I don't want it to end.
>>
Happened with the witcher 3, I was doing too many sidequests before I realized the main story was a lot more fun.
>>
Definitely. The Witcher 3, recently. Even games that aren't too long, like Shadowrun Dragonfall, I sometimes just want to hurry up and finish already even though I enjoy them.
>>
>>322047179
Never happened to me with games I enjoy. I literally spent 100 hours playing witcher 3 for a week straight and was genuinely disappointed when it was over. Like what the fuck do you mean I've done everything there is to do?
>>
>>322047179

usually the opposite. I get toward the end of a really good game and decide I don't want it to end so I put off finishing it.
>>
>>322047179

No but I do start get frustrated if I've more or less got the plot figured out and the game keeps dragging on.

Then I'll take a break from it and play something else for a bit.

Variety keeps everything fresher for longer and more enjoyable overall.
>>
>>322047851
I've had both happen to me. Sometimes I near the end of a really long game and I really, really don't want it to end; sometimes I'm in the same position, still enjoying the game, and I just want to rush to the end to finish it.
>>
>>322047179
I only get this feeling with RPGs.
>>
File: 1451015670890.jpg (323 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1451015670890.jpg
323 KB, 620x350
I don't remember the last game I played where I didn't think once about just finishing this level out of obligation just to get it over with.
>>
File: 1421791273411.jpg (53 KB, 505x357) Image search: [Google]
1421791273411.jpg
53 KB, 505x357
Happened to me with:

>MGSV (gave up at the beggining of Chapter 2)
>TW3 (gave up at Skellige)
>Fallout 4 (I seem to have run out of quests only after 50 hours and there's nothing to do, I want it to be over. I dont play anymore)

I'll just stop playing singleplayer crap and just focus on multiplayer, where the content is the competition with humans instead of braindead AI
>>
>>322047179
Hotline Miami 2 was twice as long as it needed to be.
Or maybe it just dragged on because it was so fucking depressing. Like holy shit devolver digital, go call a suicide hotline.
>>
>>322047179
the people who play MMOs should feel this but they don't.
>>
Every Final Fantasy game

These games are more fun to think about and know their story than to play
>>
File: 1450225672153.jpg (134 KB, 800x401) Image search: [Google]
1450225672153.jpg
134 KB, 800x401
>>322047179

A lot of the time. Usually around the middle of a game.

A lot of times, if the developers want to pad out the game clock some, they do so in the middle, by adding in all sorts of overly long or complicated side quests and whatnot.

I don't know how many games I've lost interest in because half way through suddenly the fun or the story or whatever was keeping my interest suddenly went from a torrent to a slow drip, and in it's place comes hours of tedious grinding.

No. I don't WANT to revisit every goddamn dungeon in the world to open up all the chests that were locked before and assemble the ultimate weapon. I don't WANT to travel to 6 different boring planets collecting shit just to unlock the next part of the story. I don't WANT to do soul wrenching achievement grinding just to get enough points to unlock a new stage.

What I WANT is to continue with whatever it was I was doing before, because I was enjoying it a hell of a lot more than this.
>>
>>322049406
By "six boring planets" were you talking about kotor? If so, I hope you realize that traveling around the galaxy is the best part of the game.
>>
>>322047179
Literally all the time
>>
>>322049795
mass effect
>>
>>322049795

Eh, not really making a specific accusation, just a overarching bitch about the 'Bioware formula'.

Nothing wrenches the fun out of a story driven game than the story suddenly taking a 10 hour siesta while you go scouring the world for a fucking scavenger hunt's list worth of shit.
>>
>>322048517

Deus Ex: Makind Something?

I never asked for this game to be this dull and piss-filtered.

It was fucking brutal.
>>
File: asdagadfh.jpg (130 KB, 450x750) Image search: [Google]
asdagadfh.jpg
130 KB, 450x750
DA: Inquisition...I was doing all sidequests that I can. After 10 hours in, I realized I was wasting my time.

Needless to say I still haven't finished it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.