[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Phil Spencer actually do anything for Xbox? >Made more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: make-xbox-great-again.jpg (99 KB, 650x497) Image search: [Google]
make-xbox-great-again.jpg
99 KB, 650x497
Did Phil Spencer actually do anything for Xbox?

>Made more of its exclusives available for PC, giving less people to support the Xbox One and doesn't believe in exclusives
>Always congratulates his rivals and plays the nice guy while the latter never even so much as gave him a thank you
>Outright stated he doesn't believe the Xbone can win this gen
>doesn't believe in 3rd party exclusives because the consumers hate those, meanwhile Sony is gobbling up 3rd party exclusives and people are loving them for it
>believes the Japanese market is very important, yet this generation is among the worst the Xbox ever had in Japan given that they literally have no more than 2 or 3 exclusives, most of them being timed whereas the Xbox 360 sold well over a million and had a shitload of console selling exclusives in Japan
>always ass kisses to NeoGAF, YouTube personalities and other game media press that never share back the gratitude and only hate Xbox even further

I mean sure, he's absolutely the best thing to happen to Xbox ever since Mattrick took over in 2009, but has he really done anything else? He turned a sinking ship into a semi-sinking ship. At least when Peter Moore was the head of Xbox, the Xbox 360 was curbstomping the living shit out the PS3 with its extensive list of must have exclusives, being better for multiplats and having very strong marketing.
>>
JUST
>>
>>322046905

>Got MS to buy in the biggest IP and the biggest Middleware in the industry
>Setting up division to be a long term fixture in MS
>Looking to make money off other consoles and gaming platforms and not just their own platforms
>Invested in 3rd party VR instead of wasting money making their own
>Even willing to work with other console manufacturers compared to stand off nature in the past
>Would rather invest in 1st party IP than short term 3rd party exclusives that Nintendo could easily buy out from Sony and turn the generation on its head.

Probably the only exec who's put down a long term plan for Survival instead of a short term plan.

Also J Allard was the master mind behind the 360.
>>
Fuck Xbox and Microsoft needs to burn in hell. I'm still pissed about Microsoft turning Rareware into a pile of shit. I hope their Jew company burns

Hopefully ps4 won the war so Microdick can see how shitty they really are
>>
>>322046905
I don't think Microsoft will ever be able to escape the image Don Mattrick has cursed them with. I remember when people actually loved the Xbox, then with the introduction of the Kinect it became the console that everyone loved to hate. In 2013, this was even more of a problem as people saw the Xbox as the Comcast of video games.

I think Sony is at a point where they can do whatever stupid, anti-consumer BS that they want and get away with it because they know how to pull heartstrings and pander to gamers with their "#4theplayers" shit.
>>
>>322048030
Ps4 may have better hardware and games but xbox seems to actually try for its customers instead of just ass ducking them.
>>
>>322048030
I fucking agree
>>
>>322047519

>paying more than 2 billion dollars for fucking Minecraft

probably going to be seen as one of his biggest blunders
>>
Don't have a bone but he seems to be a thousand times more likeable than Hattrick Mattrick
>>
>>322048030
Yeah, no matter what Sony does, there will be people defending them because of the strong hate MS created for themselves.

see >>322047719

Sony is literally perfect and they will do no wrong in their eyes.
>>
>>322046905
He made a bunch of Brazilians and emotionally maladjusted twats feel better about being irrationally attached to a dying brand.
>>
>>322046905
I will not support Xbox till they drop the need to pay in order to play online. Double dipping faggots. Now sony is doing the same thing because they found out people actually willing to pay for it.
>>
>>322048578
It's just a mascot they can use to bring relative association to Microsoft products in the future. Like whe japs put cartoon women on OS boxes.
>>
File: Kaz Hirai--article_image.jpg (28 KB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
Kaz Hirai--article_image.jpg
28 KB, 418x300
>>322048230
This is the first generation where the console with the best specs is winning and I fucking know damn well it's not because of the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbone or because "muh 1080p!!" I guarantee you if the hardware of both were switched, Sonyfans would say nobody cares about graphics and that they have PC gaming if they wanted higher resolution.

The worst part of it is, no matter what Microsoft does, no matter how much they listen to their fanbase, give them great customer service and free shit and make the Xbone great, they will always be hated and looked down upon. Microsoft can only do bad and Sony can only do good. I'm sick and tired of this "it's okay if Sony does it" bullshit, and I speak as a PS4 owner because I don't want to see Sony repeat the mistakes they made with the PS3. But when people always coddle them and never call them out for their bullshit, it'll very well happen.
>>
>>322049257
I wouldn't mind paying a membership fee, as long as they improve their service uptime.

Seems like something is fucked everyday.
>>
>>322048713
He is but he is also just as responsible for the original state of the bone.

He didn't just appear from the ether, Spencer was part of the team that signed off on all that nonsense.
>>
>>322049481
Why? Why wouldn't you mind? You are paying to use your fucking internet connection, why would ANYBODY in their right mind tolerate this?

Goddamn.
>>
>>322049452
Sony indoctrinated the user base into a cultish club, then they felt compelled to drag their friends into it.

Truth is, Sony is all talk. They spewed 1080p60fps for months when people fucking loved that buzzword, but only 5% of their games actually held that promise.
>>
>>322049754
>You are paying to use your fucking internet connection

So are you. So is everyone in this thread. So is everyone who is using the internet.
>>
>>322046905

He is playing a long game of war. Sony went full retard this generation and blew their all of their load on marketing. The same thing Xbox did with the 360 launch. It helps for the short term but not the long term, cause now xbone is the underdog and are vying for ways to come back up. They aren't gonna do anything this generation, it is the next one they have the bigger plans for.
>>
>>322049882
You know exactly what I'm talking about, anon.
>>
>>322049989

You bet your ass I do.
>>
>>322049882

Actually most of the neets here aren't paying the bills.
>>
>>322048030
Why didn't they just focus on core gamers for their priority? Do they really make more money with kinect games and people using xbox's as netflix machines? People playing games and people watching movies pay the same for gold every month, but game players buy all kinds of accessories, spread the word about the console more, and buy microsoft titles. How the fuck can a company look at a title as strong as Halo 3 and say, " Let's not try to do that again, how about we make a cable box"? Fucking why.
>>
>>322048578
>Microsoft now makes money off of every version of minecraft regardless of what platform it's on.

I'm sure they're close to making back that 2 billion already if they haven't already.
>>
>>322049754
To be fair, they have made it a lot more worthwhile with the frequent game sales, deals and free Xbox games every month with Games With Gold. Next month, we're getting Killer Instinct Season 1 and Deus Ex: HR through BC.
>>
>>322050250
Not him, but I sort of wished they spent that money on something else. $2.5 billion is enough to make 100 games each with a budget of $25 million, 50 games each with a budget of $50 million and 25 games each with a budget of $100 million
>>
>>322050913
More like they could have made two AAA titles.
>>
>>322052504
Don't AAA games have budgets of at least $10 million?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Microsoft is definitely trying at least
I have a shitload of games i wanna play but I need more space
And best halo just got on xbone via BC so thats pretty nice
>>
Waiting for Scalebound, that and Rare pirates but PC bros can wait for that one with me since its coming out on both.
>>
>>322052972
I think your set is sideways
>>
Maybe it shows how out of touch I am with gamers (I was hoping to find a age of empires thread normally don't use /v/) but who fucking cares what console you have, they are really cheap unless you're 14 years old. I have a ps4 I never play but I don't give a shit about Sony, why is there so much identity politics in this thread?
>>
>>322052972
to bad most bc game sI want to play run worse then the 360, I will never get to play perfect dark zero
>>
Xbox brought nothing but pure cancer to video games, basically this whole AAA coockie-cutter accessible action game formula was introduced by 360. I hope they fucking burn.
>>
I think Phil knows that there's no way to save the Xbone, so all he's trying to do is make sure they aren't fucking despised by the time the next Xbox comes out.
>>
>>322052616
$400 million and more.
>>
>>322046905

He's right about third parties though. "It's okay when Sony does it" is true in the eyes of casuals, as they have already have preconceived notions of the Xbone being the big bad monster come to kill the industry. Meanwhile, the media hides the shady shit Sony has done, and shows how they're basically gaming Jesus instead (saving Kojima, bringing back beloved IPs, etc.)

The only way Xbone can get any trust is by making new IPs.
>>
give me another crimson skies and i will buy an xbone
>>
>>322046905

His plan is to secure the future of the brand. Starting a bunch of new first party series will get more dedicated fans, so when the new console launches, they can have more new games that don't have a number over 4 attached.

MS has, like, two notable exclusive series right now. Gears and Halo. And you can make a pretty strong argument for Gears being more on PC. The Xbox needs more new stuff. While Crackdown 3 is interesting in the eyes of normies, the absolute abortion that the second one was is leaving a bad taste.

If they have more recognizable names attached, they might succeed next gen. Right now, Sony has a lot of rather popular titles under their belt for good (Street Fighter, Uncharted, etc.)
>>
File: il_340x270.601914992_cc2s.jpg (31 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.601914992_cc2s.jpg
31 KB, 340x270
>>322056807
>$400 million
Not even the most expensive movie of all time has a budget that high.
>>
>>322048578

It's not a bad purchase at all. I don't think you quite realize just how big Minecraft is.

While it has sold "only" 20 million copies, a lot of those are bought by kids. Kids who will:

>Buy toys
>Buy books
>Watch videos on YouTube and whatnot, which MS gets some profit from
>Get their friends to buy copies because they don't know how to pirate

I worked at a hobby store a few months ago and that cheesy Minecraft shit sold out in days. 8 - 9 year olds with parents that had more money than common sense just buying armies of characters.

On top of that, I guess the Minecraft guy could become their mascot when it comes to advertising to kids and families. It's been something they've lacked for a while.
>>
>>322046905

Yes, he tries really hard to project this "we're le cool level headed guys" that his marketers also try to follow (noticed the sudden change of tone from the supposed """"xboners"""" all of a sudden after he got in charge?) to wash off the bad reputation of this NSA machine.
>>
>>322046905
>believes exclusives should go to PC as well
Good, exclusives are cancer and anyone who believes so is cancer themselves. People buy consoles for simplicity and convenience, thats how you sell a console.
>>
>>322058151
he's full of shit, i'd say modern AAA games are 100 on average, with a very fast google search.
from the chart i saw, destiny was the only one with more than 400 million, and it was first by a huge ammount
>>
>>322046905
What I want to now is where the fuck are the new IPs? Wheres the ground breaking shit and where the heck are the video games? Seriously do I have to wait another 2-5 years before some decent shit starts getting released?
>>
File: 1449944289387.png (31 KB, 627x597) Image search: [Google]
1449944289387.png
31 KB, 627x597
>>322052972
>Reach
>Best Halo
>Not 3rd Worst
>>
He's trying to change the brand's view in the eyes of the public. Before they were the tough, sterile brand of the future that took no shit. People hated that because they looked like pompous assholes that didn't care about the consumer (which is true).

They still don't care about the consumer, but Phil wants people to think they're actually the chill cool guys who don't care what others think and just want to think. You can see this in the viral marketing. You ever notice how the Xbox apologists turned from obvious shills that freaked out whenever the Xbox was mocked to "comfy Xboners who just want to play games"?

It's not a coincidence. There have never been any Xbox fans on /v/.
>>
File: tumblr_n5134kk0af1r9lt5zo10_250.gif (756 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5134kk0af1r9lt5zo10_250.gif
756 KB, 245x150
>>322058870
>Imp Lying Based 360 players didn't stay loyal

Away with ye heathen
>>
>>322049452
I'm glad you feel that way as a PS4 owner, Anon. I don't like consolewars and all that shit but I really hate it when Sony fans are completely oblivious to the BS that Sony does, or even worst, when they admit it but forgive them because 'it's not a big deal' while shitting down the throats of MS or Nintendo for basically anything.
>>
>>322058870
>Anyone who doesn't act like an autist is a shill
This is basically what you're saying.
>>
>>322058870
I had to send in my Xbone because it couldn't read discs, they got it fixed for me without a warranty and gave me a 3 month subscription to Xbox Live Gold, that was my only time interacting with MS customer support but it was pleasant.
>>
>>322059129

>tumblr gif
>"based"
>Misspelling implying for comedic effect for no reason
>"ye heathen" is cringey reddit speech that anyone here for more than five minutes knows not to use unless shitposting ironically
>Using "360 players" instead of "Xdrones" or "Xbots"

Hello marketer. Please lurk more before pretending to be one of us.
>>
>>322058870
>There have never been any Xbox fans on /v/

There has always been Xbox fans here, they just weren't as vocal or autistic about it as Sonyggers are.
>>
File: 1402402802717.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402402802717.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>322048230

Uh huh. I too love being fucked over by the xbone and keylogger 10.

They really are the pinnacle of pro-consumerist practices.
>>
File: 1395772587726.gif (531 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1395772587726.gif
531 KB, 300x300
>>322059401
avast matey I was but pretending to be mentally handicapped

>seriously though I own PS4 and Xbone
>>
>>322059623

>Incorrect usage of meme arrows

You're not fooling anyone, Phil.
>>
File: begyourpardon.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
begyourpardon.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>322059792
ehh
uhh

no Phils here my good man
>>
File: 1429655294683.png (88 KB, 908x288) Image search: [Google]
1429655294683.png
88 KB, 908x288
>people who unironically say they like microsoft now after how they showed their true intentions with the bone
>people unironically trying to say they "changed" like they are some emotional faggot changing their "hearts" in a fucking anime when they did even worse with the recently released windows 10

Consumers, forever idiots.
>>
who the fuck cares if some exec douche bag is "likable"?
>>
>>322060167
Gamers literally have no standards. LITERALLY none.
>>
File: 1418206981844.jpg (465 KB, 2378x800) Image search: [Google]
1418206981844.jpg
465 KB, 2378x800
>>322058870

You're spot on.

Have you also noticed how they always try to latch off to other platforms to pretend they are "really cool guys who just loves games!!111!!11!" like in pic related?

I also love how their marketers try to say that "microsoft has learned from its mistakes and changed!" when they pulled the exact same shit with windows 10.
>>
Does anyone else get an overwhelming urge to be finger blasted by Phil whenever his pictures show up?

I'm not even gay but something about them...
>>
>>322060167
I don't think anyone who browses /v/ has ever unironically said they like Microsoft.
No one has said they changed, they said they changed what they're doing.

Also that pic is retarded because it implies that Nintendo and Sony wouldn't fuck you over if they had the chance.

If someone was really so concerned about who they support they wouldn't play video games at all.
>>
File: Prism-001.jpg (87 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Prism-001.jpg
87 KB, 620x465
>>322060493

The difference between sony, nintendo and microsoft, however, is this.
>>
>>322046905
The douche vibe I get by looking at his face is just incredible.
>>
>>322060586
The difference is that Microsoft chooses to fuck people over in a different way?

What exactly is your argument here?
>>
>>322049452
The Sony userbase is pretty disgusting and Sony are showing how bad they truly are now that they are on top, but you simply cant forget what MS tried to push.
Everything they got was well deserved. Sony won by simply being around. Thats always what happens with them. Both failure and success are completely random for them.

Just look at the way they are treating the Vita or how they mentioned that they have no clue why the PS4 is selling as much as it does.
>>
File: cult.png (127 KB, 982x762) Image search: [Google]
cult.png
127 KB, 982x762
>>322049770
>Sony indoctrinated the user base into a cultish club, then they felt compelled to drag their friends into it.
>>
>>322060493
No you could still play non DRM indie games on linux.
>>
>>322061478
There's so many thing wrong here I'm not sure where to start.

First of all, go back to Reddit. Secondly, the r/PCmasterrace or whatever the fuck is trying to be funny, it didn't work because they're Redditors but it's clearly a joke. When people say Sonyniggers are cultists, it's because they spend all day on /v/ praising the Playstation and talking about how great it is while simultaneously trashtalking literally everything else. They're so cucked by Sony they can only see the good in Sony and never the bad. It's like Sony abducted kids and kept them inside playing Playstation all their lvies and one day released all the kids and they somehow ended up on /v/, still praising the people who fucked them over.
>>
>>322049452
Man as far as I'm concerned, the platform with the best games wins.

Xbone has like literally 0 exclusives
Except for Halo 5 I guess

So really I don't see any reason to choose it over any of its competition.
My PS4 is in the mail as I type this and by the end of January I'll already have more PS4 exclusives (or at least non-Bone games) than there are Xbone exclusives that I find even remotely interesting (see:Sunset Overdrive).
There's no reason to buy one.

And at this stage Microsoft will have to do a lot of work to make it worth the asking price, but with Spencer killing its exclusive library that doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>322046905
>the Xbox 360 was curbstomping the living shit out the PS3 with its extensive list of must have exclusives

The only good Xbox 360 game was Crackdown, don't kid yourself
>>
>>322049452
Kill yourself, CrapGamer :^)
>>
File: marth confused.png (24 KB, 211x202) Image search: [Google]
marth confused.png
24 KB, 211x202
>>322062002
>Xbone has like literally 0 exclusives
>names 2 in the same post
>>
>>322060586
>AOL
That shit's still around?
>>
>>322062264
>yfw the figurative definition of literally is in the dictionary now
I'm gonna use it and there's nothIng you can do to stop me
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.