[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: vamp.jpg (66 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
vamp.jpg
66 KB, 1024x768
So i just bought this game, what am i in for? since this game is pretty old are there any graphical or performance mods i can install before i start playing to maximise my experience?

thx
>>
File: Ptyzk.jpg (62 KB, 253x750) Image search: [Google]
Ptyzk.jpg
62 KB, 253x750
>dat bush
pic related
>>
>>322042127
the steam community guides section has a buncha shit
wouldn't be able to narrow it down to the useful
>>
wesp patchs or its unplayable
>>
>>322042127
>steam version
have to mod it to even get it to start up since you are retarded and didnt pirate, however it runs at 1080p native so you should be fine to play it vanilla
>>
This is the best bad game I've ever played. It's a real shame it goes to complete shit halfway through, but the first part was so outstandingly good.
As a whole it doesn't deserve the praise it gets though. This isn't "Oh /v/ hates everything", I'm just saying that half the game was rushed out and extremely flawed, not to mention samey and a bit boring. If the whole thing was like the first bit it would be a masterpiece.
>>
>>322042127
>what am I in for
expect an FPS RPG that is neither good at being an FPS or RPG.
>>
>>322044618
but you're right though
it's the same thing that happened with indigo prophecy/fahrenheit
it hooks you right in and them BAM turns to shit right in the middle
>>
>>322042127
>thx
Fuck off you underage brat, you don't deserve to play VTNB
>>
>>322046470
Ok buddy. :^)
>>
>>322042127
deus ex with vampires
an unofficial patch is required because it was never finished and is chock full of game breaking bugs
>>
>>322042127
Get the unofficial patch for the most content. Get the gold patch for vanilla+. I prefer the unoffical patch and it's what I would consider the most definitive version of the game.
>>
>>322042127
>what am i in for?

Game has a pretty great opening, after a while it becomes a tedious backtracking and load screen shitfest, and if that isn't bad enough, the last part of the game puts you through some of the most half-assed dungeons and fighting some pretty shitty unbalanced enemies to top it all off

I'll be honest, all this game did well was create a certain goth atmosphere. The gameplay itself does not actually have any enjoyable quality to it
>>
>>322044618
I'm curious as to when it gets awful, or what's shirts about it, in your opinion. I'm not trying to start shit but I just finished the Nosferatu warrens and got the quest to start Chinatown and I'm really having a great time with it. Really though, the worst part was the old sewers with those fucking awful headrunner things. Does the game get worse?
>>
>>322048939
>Does the game get worse?

one of the final dungeons, or maybe it is the last dungeon

total fucking mess and somehow even worse than the sewers
>>
>>322049071
Oh jesus. Those sewers were atrocious. I read about it some beforehand so I had some idea, but fuck. It wasn't expecting it to be that bad.
>>
>>322048939
Yeah, it's just a bunch of dungeons followed by a couple of bullshit bosses.
>>
>>322048918
Asylum and Confession make me really miss my hometowns goth/industrial club. All those corsets and leather and other assorted boner inducers.
>>
>>322049371
Awesome. Can't wait. Auto shotty and Ventrue domination to the rescue.
>>
File: Isaac_Abrams.png (782 KB, 964x964) Image search: [Google]
Isaac_Abrams.png
782 KB, 964x964
How did they make the most boring character in the game be a main quest giver
>>
>>322042127
>So i just bought this game, what am i in for?

You need to install a fan patch to make it playable.

The game is LITERALLY impossible to start without a fan patch. Valve is selling a broken game.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.