[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /v/ Why Fire Emblem's Falchion doesn't look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: why.jpg (278 KB, 780x1124) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
278 KB, 780x1124
Tell me /v/
Why Fire Emblem's Falchion doesn't look anything like a real Falchion?
also, the falchions are the coolest weapon ever made PROVE ME WRONG
>>
falchions are my mount&blade weapon of choice
>>
Curved swords aren't heroic enough.
>>
i wish Falchions were good in Dark Souls
>>
>>322038860
They've been great in every Souls game they're in.
???
>>
File: Khopesh.jpg (12 KB, 350x221) Image search: [Google]
Khopesh.jpg
12 KB, 350x221
I'm personally more a fan of the khopesh but falchions are nice
>>
>>322038215
If the difference between Marth's and Chrom's swords is any indication, it seems like its been reforged, probably several times. Prolly just has a different look and the name stuck or is just used for style.
>>
>>322040075
Falcata are the master race of short swords desu.
>>
>>322040075
>African weapons
dude designed for executing women and mutilating slaves lmao
>>
>>322038215
That's not a real falchion, that's just an edgy fantasy shitstick.
>>
>>322040550
ancient egypt is practically yurop, mang
>>
>>322040092
Falchion being changed multiple times over the thousands of years is actually said in Awakening so you're right on that.
>>
>Create a straight sword
>call it a Falchion, the name of a curved sword

Why
>>
File: Falcata.jpg (60 KB, 1815x300) Image search: [Google]
Falcata.jpg
60 KB, 1815x300
>>322040226

>my gentleman of african descent

Stabs like a sword, swings like an axe. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>322038215
The real question is why in Chrono Trigger is the Masamune a European broadsword?
>>
>>322038215
guns are the coolest weapon ever made desu
>>
>>322038215
Probably because it just sounds cool to the Japanese developer. Excalibur is the name of a famous sword, but in FE it's the name of wind magic.
>>
>>322040940
Maybe they meant to call it Falcon like the bird.
>>
Who /Chinese Jian/ here?
>>
>>322038860
>he's never r2 spammed with magic falchion

good, those guys are faggots
>>
File: 1443071160997.gif (477 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
1443071160997.gif
477 KB, 500x440
>>
Pretty sure it's just named Falchion, not that it's supposed to be one.

As to why, the devs probably thought it sounded cool.
>>
>>322038215
Because they likely just stumbled on the word and decided to call it the name of the sword rather than the type of the sword, because Falchion is a pretty cool name.
>>
>>322040897

Well technically no, it is clearly said that the tilt broke several time and was replaced but the blade itself is indestructible , so I don't understand why it's different of the original.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.