[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up /vidya/, just came back from seeing The Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
What's up /vidya/, just came back from seeing The Force Awakens, shit was cash, busy reinstalling all my Star Wars games as we speak.

What's the consensus on the new Battlefront? I put hundreds of hours into the first two games but the reviews for this one aren't exactly glowing.

Thanks.
>>
>What's the consensus on the new Battlefront?
ho ho

ha ha

You might enjoy it for a while if you have low standards/expectations/taste.
>>
>>322036594
Just been watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knVknvoRWfo

Looks kinda fun? Is it more shallow than the previous ones? Because if it's just the previous ones with a facelift, I'm fine with that.
>>
>>322036836
It is simplified, yes.

Really though, nothing is going to kill your ability to enjoy a videogame faster than asking /v/ about it.
>>
Actually, I just read there's no classes, no space battles and no single player. Maybe I'll swerve it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread though, in case anyone wants to change my mind.
>>
I am enjoying it quite a bit but it's pretty light on content. It feels like you're actually playing a Star Wars movie though and it's really fun when you've got two great teams fighting each other.
>>
File: dd2.gif (3 MB, 670x375) Image search: [Google]
dd2.gif
3 MB, 670x375
Hey man, I've soon unlocked everything there is, and I have a kda of 3,2. Played 103 hours.

Good stuff (in my own opinion)
-The game is fun if you've been bitten by the "Star wars bug"
-Good gun play.
-Good arena shooter.
-Good graphics.

Bad stuff (In my own opinion)
-11 blasters in total, I think.
-The large gamemodes suck.
-Power up system is annoying to play against.
>>
File: Phasma.png (628 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
Phasma.png
628 KB, 1100x500
>>
The game is really fun if you're into star wars but has no content. I got it at release and had a blast playing with friends online for 1-2 weeks then we just kinda got bored.
>>
File: 4L_tNrBiImt.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4L_tNrBiImt.jpg
756 KB, 1920x1080
>>322036350
Despite the reviews and many threads hating on it, I actually like it. Got it on Christmas for myself (had been planning around that time since the new Star Wars movie came out) and haven't put it down since, unless I want to play some Witcher. It has that great Star Wars feel, the combat via ground or air is intense, and the heroes/villains you get to use are great.

So far, my goto game mode(s) is Heroes VS Villains or Hero Hunt. The characters you can control are Luke, Han Solo, and Leia for the light side, and Vader, Boba Fett, and the Emperor for the dark side. IMHO, Luke is the best character to use with Vader in second. I've started loving using Leia since I've found out how to use her better. I'm also trying to manage using the Emperor better since he probably is the weakest hero, even though he seems more like a support character like Leia with those health pick ups.

The other game modes are pretty great, and my goto ones for the most experience are Supremacy and Walker Assault. The first is basically like Ground War from the old CoDs and the second is basically trying to keep AT-AT walkers going towards or preventing from reaching some objective by mainly dealing with these uplink stations. The rebels need to keep them online to build up this X-Wing timer in the top left corner that determines how many damage the rebels can deal to walkers, while the imperials are vice versa.

All in all, it's a pretty fun Star Wars game, and if you're looking for that, it's definitely for you. I'm really not getting this new hate that fans felt they were jewed of a game that will have TFA DLC since it felt from the start that the game would be focused on the OT. That's what I felt was marketed to me. There is that free Jakku DLC, which is a planet in the new movie, but I've heard that it's still in the realm of the OT, possibly setting the base for why a certain character is exploring an abandoned Star Destroyer.
>>
>>322036836
its simple and assumes you know nothing about star wars, by that I mean it gets so much wrong that even a casual can point out the mistakes to bad most casuals ignore them because "who cares it looks better that means it is better"
>>
File: 1419766504388.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1419766504388.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>322040798
>>322040945
>>322039068
Well, I don't know what to think. I wish it was on Steam so I could test drive it.
>>
>>322040945
Can you list some examples? Not being chippy, I'm genuinely interested.
>>
>>322037757
there are ship to ship battles (which i am thoroughly enjoying), they dont take place in space though. single player content is minimal.
im having fun with it, but im a lifelong star wars nut. i may be a little biased.
>>
>>322040798
>walker assault
mah nigga. shit is fun as fuck
>>
>>322041165
Okay I want to start simple
Hoth
the shield generators are supposed to block tie fighters from entering thats the whole reason they used AT-ATs because they can get through, EA missed the point of the whole battle. Since certain versions of walker assault are different like no x-wings or tie fighters on endor they willfully did it.

Star Destroyers in orbit on hoth is cosmetic but again misses the point, the star destroyers were outside the atmosphere of hoth because the shields would block all of their attacks, what was worse is not only could they not attack the rebels the rebels had a ion canon they could use to attack the empire. In the movie thats exactly what they did they used the ion canon to make a hole for themselves to escape.

Endor
It just gets minor autistic things wrong, nothing really important unless your a hardcore star wars fan.

Tattooine
nothing wrong with it honestly other then the fact they crammed every single reference into 1 map.

The characters
Vader is ROTJ vader and luke is ROTJ luke which would be fine if they actually appeared in any of these locations besides hoth.
The voice are horrible for everyone both acting and script wise, they decided to not include the storm troopers voice modulation every other show movie and game includes.
Helmetless troopers were never allowed by the empire
storm troopers were not allowed to have load outs you were given a rank and a weapon.
Ammo is cannon, guns do not overheat.

The only things EA and Dice did right is get the locations right and the props right even if they are the wrong ones to use. There is a bunch more but I already know I am going to be called autistic for what I posted already.
>>
the movie is great
the game is utter jewy shit
where the fuck did clone wars or TFA go? this Battlefront is basically testing the waters for new star wars games.
>>
File: we98urf.png (35 KB, 692x419) Image search: [Google]
we98urf.png
35 KB, 692x419
A reminder that the devs have confirmed on Twitter that they will not be adding any The Force Awakens content to Battlefront as they want to focus on the original trilogy on this game.

Lazy fucking scumbags.
>>
>>322043049
get ready for Battlefront: The Force Awakens ($49.99) standalone next year
>>
I've decided I'm just going to dig the Battlefront 2 disc out from under my bed instead and save myself 30 quid.

Thanks guys.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.