[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been wanting to play a good star wars game for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
I've been wanting to play a good star wars game for a while now, and a friend of mine recommended this, I was watching some gameplay clips and it doesn't look particularly interesting to me, Is it worth playing?

Also, I really enjoyed Mass Effect, if that matters.
>>
nigger it is a highly acclaimed star wars title. so yes it is probably worth playing

unless you are one of those fuckers who somehow didn't know about the popularity of kotor1

Kotor2 is also good with restored content mod. its good without too, but there is no reason to not have it.
>>
It's Mass Effect without the combat. More like Dragon Age (the only good one) to be honest. Combat is clunky but that's not why you play it.
>>
The gameplay in the KOTORs are shit. Treat them as movies with some mediocre gameplay in between and just try and enjoy the story.
>>
>>322025157
restored content?
>>
I'm a big fan of ME1 and ME2, and KotOR is totally worth playing. Gives a bitter first impression, Taris is boring as fuck til you hit the gangs in the underlevels. Most everything else is fantastic.

I hear KotOR2 is even better being an Obsidian game, which is great. Still only 70% done with the first KotOR.
>>
>>322026405
It's an Obsidian game with a major publisher so of course they bit off more than they could chew and ended up getting pressured into releasing it early. Lots of shit got cut, and some modders finally finished and added most of it back in a few years back.
>>
>>322026789
Kotor 2 is better but obviously unfinished, even with the restored content mod. It improves on all of the good things about the first game but all of the worlds except for Dxun/Onderon feel empty and full of dead ends you can just tell were meant for something they never had time to add. NarShaddaa has so little to do for the way Kreia describes it when you arrive.

Still love it and you should give it a go OP. It would be something of a precursor to ME without the third person shooting.
>>
>>322029340
And if you want a good Star Wars game and haven't played it: Podracer is great.
>>
To the guy who said that in the other KOTOR thread

>Can't beat KOTOR 2 because of the HK-47 factory destruction mission.

I did that just yesterday. Just RUN to the HK-51 terminal stopping at nothing (using deflective shields), download the HK51 upgrades, upload HK47 pattern, run to the HK50 terminal (now you can kill the HK50 much faster), stop the production. Enjoy watching the cutscene.
>>
File: Scared Orange On A Fork.jpg (11 KB, 265x297) Image search: [Google]
Scared Orange On A Fork.jpg
11 KB, 265x297
Does the Restored Content mod make boss fights harder or something? Visas crit me for 66 fucking damage holy shit I can't remember her being this hard.
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00020.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00020.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
I love how the Jedi in KotOR 2 are all self-righteous stuck-up cunts who can barely follow their own creed, rather than the infallible angels Lucas makes them out to be.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.