[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Solid, a clone, become such a better man than the orginal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 899x1599
How did Solid, a clone, become such a better man than the orginal?
>>
>>322023070
Chance, luck, age
>>
>>322023070
Because Big Boss had a life before war, and Snake was born for war.
>>
Coz hes that type of guy
>>
File: 1449673109237.gif (155 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1449673109237.gif
155 KB, 678x422
>>322023070
because they were the SINS OF THE FATHER and THE BEST IS YET TO COME
>>
Genes don't make the man. His brother was genetically engineered to be better than solid, but that didn't help him much. Sure he tanked a lot of hits, but he got beaten back every single time. If foxdie didn't kill him, solid probably would have thrown him off a cliff.
>>
>>322023070
Different experiences, different mentors, different time.

Bit part of MG'S overarching theme I that while genetics control a lot, they don't predetermined everything about your life.

BB never had a Campbell type figure in his life. Or a Frank Jaeger. Or an Otacon.

Those 3 men had huge influences on how Solid Snake turned out.
>>
>>322023070
Because Big Boss was just pretty good.
>>
>>322023772
Yeah this. Seriously, it's the whole crux of the first game's message.
>>
File: Miller's Maxi-Buns.gif (82 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
Miller's Maxi-Buns.gif
82 KB, 540x336
>>322023070

Big Boss had :

>muh boss
>muh combat addiction
>too much money

That's why.
>>
>>322023415

Solid Snake lived a completely normal suburban American life until he joined the army at 18. Learn the fucking lore. His first military experience was when he fought with the green berets in the Gulf War
>>
File: 1360724718284.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1360724718284.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>322023070
According to MGSV, Big Boss was kind of shitty actually. Skullface set up everything to make him succeed in MGS3, Peace Walker he's a whiny cunt crying about "muh boss" and he lets a brainwashed double do his dirty work for him in TPP.

BB is useless as a solider really.
>>
>>322023070
Because you're not a slave to your genes, you are your own person.
>>
>>322023070
a man in the right place can change everything or something like that
>>
"The only one that can beat me is me" - some fag from a gay basketball anime
>>
He wasn't a perfect clone so his genes weren't identical to Big Boss'

He had lots of the genes that made Big Boss a good soldier and was trained from child.
>>
>>322024113
why was he given a normal childhood when he was made for a purpose
>>
>>322024506
The right man in the... wrong place can make aalll the difference...in the wooorld
>>
Because a copy can surpass the original.
>>
>>322023070
Trick question: he obviously didn't.
>>
>>322024224
For fucks sake Skull Face didn't do jack shit for BB in MGS3, he was just there to clean up the mess Big Boss left behind.
>>
>>322024224

Skull Face tailed him and provided intel to Zero to then give to Snake. I don't see how that's doing all the work for him.

Part of Skull Face's mission was to take over from Snake if Snake died but that's it. The rest was just clean up and intel.

I don't think he directly assisted Snake at any point.
>>
>>322024645
It wasn't totally normal he had a bunch of different foster parents. They probably taught him how to speak yupik or some shit.
>>
>>322024645

Wasn't Miller in charge of what happened to Solid? Maybe that's what Miller thought was best.
>>
The boss trained Big boss
Big boss killed the Boss

Big boss trained Snake

Snake killed Big boss

Video games Trained Raiden

Raiden Killed the franchise

its like poetry
>>
Solid Snake and Big Boss had two completely different sets of experiences. Big Boss literally had every person he ever called a friend betray him at some point.
>>
Genes are only part of what makes us who we are. Solid Snake made very different decisions.
>>
>>322025158
big boss didn't train snake
>>
>>322025653
Yes he did.
>>
What was Zero's problem?

No seriously what the fucks wrong with him?

I played the series canon wise starting from MG3, then portable ops, and then peace Walker and I just started ground zeroes

Why does he suddenly become a fucking asshole? After MGS3 he forms cipher and wants to recruit Big Boss to his own group that seems similar to MSF, simple enough

How he does it was to plant a spy to watch over as MSF grows and then threatens him and has an over the top torture Paz would rather die than suffer

What the fuck
>>
>>322025756
when
>>
>>322026076
get a load of this wiseguy
>>
>>322026141
When Snake was in FOXHOUND.
>>
mods
>>
Shit tier writing.
>>
>>322026218
didn't he "kill" big boss before all that
>>
>>322026401
No.
>>
>>322025653
Yes he did you dumbass. The REAL Big Boss personally trained Solid Snake in CQC. There is even a point in MGS4 where Solid decides to use CQC again because he sees all the PMCs using shitty knock offs of CQC.

Big Boss is the one who gave Snake his codename for fucks sake.
>>
>>322026401
No, BB was unit commander long before MG.
>>
>>322026581
when was this said? did bb know he was his clone and did snake just not realize he was
>>
>>322026076
Because he wants to make The Boss' dream reality with his best friend, but their interpretation of said dream differs so they had a falling out, plus Les Enfants Terribles which is pretty fucked up.
By the time of PW/GZ/TPP Cipher has already grown out of Zero's control.
>>
>>322026264
Who's breaking the rules? They're literally discussing video games.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.