[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth picking up for $40? I've been looking for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: rainbow-six-siege.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-six-siege.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
Is it worth picking up for $40?

I've been looking for some kind of multiplayer shooter to replace battlefield and tf2 for me, but I could literally buy 10-20 games with that $40 right now with the steam sale going on.
>>
Yes, it's very good.
>>
File: iu7uiku7y8ik.jpg (35 KB, 155x249) Image search: [Google]
iu7uiku7y8ik.jpg
35 KB, 155x249
Yes get it. I'm 80hrs into this game and it's fun as hell.
>>
>>322019034
It's the closest thing we'll get to a tactical shooter right now so yes get it.
>>
If you buy this through steam do you have to use Uplay as well?
>>
Just buy insurgency. Spend the $35 you saved on many other games
>>
>>322019034
This game is dope. Its the first shooter in a long time that actually feels FRESH.
>>
File: 80.jpg (79 KB, 1200x769) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
79 KB, 1200x769
Remember to unlock Fuze first and pick him first for hostage situation.

He can clear a room chock full of enemies with grenades, saving the hostage, and the day.

People don't like him because they think he is OP.

Oh and always pick the shield when using Fuze.
>>
>>322021329
This sounds shill-ish
>>
>>322021272
yeah, but Uplay sucks less these days.
I remark LESS.

>>322021304
Why not both? The only game that should be avoided is CS:GO fuck yourself.
>>
>>322021361
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM
PLEASE DON'T
>>
>>322021272
Yeah. Id just get it though uplay honestly. I made that mistake and now I have to have both launched while i play.
>>
>>322021424
Nah not a shill just a player fed up of the saturated FPS's we've had the last 3 years.
>>
>>322021361

>some retard picks fuze every hostage game
>kills the hostage with his grenades every round
>>
No save your money. Its an ok game but has less content then a mobile app, if you must have it wait until its at least $20.
>>
>>322021529
You can't defuse the Fuze.

As a defender pick Rook, drop the armor at the last second, so you can keep all those bulletproof vest to yourself!
>>
is this game a big game of gadget rock paper scissors like CT was?
>>
>>322021681
Nah, take smoke and gas all dem jews.
>>
>>322021424
Hes right though, it's like back company which is great.
>>
>>322021681
You should only drop the armor in a troublesome situation, lest it run out when you really need it.

Alternatively, place it right by a major entrance, then kill any teammates who try and access it. When the enemy team comes in, they'll be too pre-occupied with putting it on to notice you sneaking up behind them for an easy penta-kill.
>>
File: 1271558835104.jpg (31 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
1271558835104.jpg
31 KB, 458x319
>>322021361
>>
>>322021635
Signs of a bad Fuze:
>Goes alone
>Uses a shield
>Places his charge over barricades

Fuze is still good for Hostage Situations, a good fuze knows where to place the charges, for example every adjacent room after clearing the top floor. Most people never play Jagger or Bandit.
>>
>>322021764
I say it is more flexible because you don't know what your opponent is picking, it is more about synergy.

Rook can complement Tachanka or Doc.
Bandit can complement Castle
Mute can complement Castle as well
Pulse can aid Tachanka

Having a mic really does help a lot.

There is a lot more synergy for the defenders. Attackers only have roles like breaching, disabling traps, acting as diversions, or protecting the team
>>
File: 1451161566723.jpg (144 KB, 496x560) Image search: [Google]
1451161566723.jpg
144 KB, 496x560
>>322021361
YOU FUZE YOU LOSE
>>
I dunno, I mean I'm having fun with it but like all these AAA games it feels empty. It feels like there's so little content and you just know they're going to charge for more down the line. I mean there's like four maps for fucks sake, no real single player mode

I have fun in-game but I still feel like I'm being ripped off a little. Just seems like they shat it out and now they'll ignore it completely until it's time for new DLC
>>
>>322021764
No.
Maybe I'm not good enough but in all my games I never said "Shit I should have taken x instead of y". Other operators may counter you but you'll always have other options, and the rifles and main guns are pretty good equalizers.
>>
>>322022375
Never understood why shield Fuze is a bad pick.
If you haven't got a shield operator with you, why not? His PMM is pretty good damage
>>
>>322023486
>four maps
What ?
There's much more than that, I'm sure there's at least 8 or 9 maps.
Also you don't seems to know but the content updates and maps will be free.
>>
File: B-but no one bought it.png (323 KB, 945x423) Image search: [Google]
B-but no one bought it.png
323 KB, 945x423
>That feel when shitposter anon got BTFO so hard last thread he stopped posting about the game being dead.
No reason to post this image anymore I guess.
>>
>>322023486
Yeah it's way overpriced for what it is but with the huge variety of ways you can attack and defend on the maps it makes it very replayable. I have 60 hours played already after getting it last week and I'm not done yet.
>>
>>322019034
Better question: Is it worth spending 20 bucks on it a few months from now?
>>
>>322023486
>four maps

how did you somehow get this confused with SW Battlefront?
>>
>>322024221
Considering it will have more content, I'd say hell yeah.
Only thing you lose by waiting is having less map knowledge, so prepare to get your ass handed to your your first several games.
If /r6g/ is still kicking by then definately buy.
>>
I don't know why but shootting fags in this game is incredibly satisfying.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.