[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the only person people don't like this game because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: other_m_cover.jpg (68 KB, 550x577) Image search: [Google]
other_m_cover.jpg
68 KB, 550x577
So is the only person people don't like this game because it gives Samus a character arc?
>>
File: how metroidfags sound.jpg (167 KB, 825x431) Image search: [Google]
how metroidfags sound.jpg
167 KB, 825x431
Pretty much. /v/ has become Dobson.
>>
>>322014491
THE BABY
>>
>>322013332
Yeah, not the terrible level design, the plotholes, the braindead gameplay, the stupid pixel hunts, or Samus's personality making no sense.
>inb4 Samus has no personality in the other games
>>
>>322013332

I liked the part where Samus was falling over her high heels to suck Adam's dick
>>
When did samus become such a pussy. Hard to believe she has some sort of ptsd after all this time doing crazier shit than in this game.
>>
>>322014491
>>322013332
>dey see me trollin', dey hatin'

And the sad thing is, no matter how many times people make this exact same thread, people will act like it's the first time it's ever been posted.
>>
>>322013332
It's not the character arc that makes this game bad, it's the character assassination.

She's such an unlikable cunt in Other M it's astounding that she and the Samus from Metroid Prime are considered the same person.
>>
She had one in Fusion, basic as it is. Plenty of people like Fusion.
>>
>>322013332
>person
Do you mean 'reason'?
>>
File: 1449954094164.png (1 MB, 991x1397) Image search: [Google]
1449954094164.png
1 MB, 991x1397
>>322013332
Yeah, yeah, whatever.
Post Zero Suit Samus.
>>
File: 1421030849395.jpg (133 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1421030849395.jpg
133 KB, 680x680
>>322017451
ZSS is trash.
>>
>>322017451

don't be a faggot
>>
>>322017451

Fuck off
>>
I am so far past caring about Metroid.

We had nothing but troll shit for ages now

Yeah yeah Metroid Prime was shit and Other M was the best one and Samus shits herself all the time
Fucking hell, you can't say anything about metroid that would make anyone here mad.

Metroidfans are as dead inside as Metroid is.
>>
>>322017451
Why is there two of her?
>>
>>322019159
Because selfcest is bestcest
>>
File: why other m is a bad game.png (902 KB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
why other m is a bad game.png
902 KB, 912x1434
>>322013332
No on a purely gameplay point of view, it's trash.

Also the writing was awful and Samus was mis-characterized.
>>
>>322015754
who the fuck cares
>>
>>322019589
>calling the soundtrack for Star Trek: Voyager bland
u best be having a giggle m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivplBVrxeM
>>
>>322020225
>u best be having a giggle m8
Reddit
>>
It's because the character arc was fucking shit.

Also nice bait thread, OP, are you from 2011 or something.
>>
>>322021903
Tbh the bait still works fine, as proven by this thread getting replies. Posted some other time this might have reached 300 replies instead.
>>
>>322019589
>Soundtrack
Metroid Prime's soundtrack may not be bland, but it's both forgettable and bland as shit with those vuvuzelas and no melody
Actually I don't like any of the whole Metroid's series soundtrack, but at least Other M had a good Ridley theme
>Upgrades
Nothing wrong with that, innovetion isn't always good, gimmicks are usually bad
>Environments
Only good Metroid environments are Prime 3's
>Controls
I'll give you that
>Linear quest
Not necessarily bad, even though having upgrades locked through story doors even at the end of the game kind of sucks
>Authorization system
Fuck off, it made more sense than losing your upgrades from any other Metroid games, and even Samus says Adam "Fuck off" at the end of the game and authorizes her own shit
This is also part of the story even though the image is supposed to not talk about that
>the two boss battles
The first is horrible with that super bomb, that's true, the second was just a bonus secret boss outside the story, and the image is talking about that AGAIN
>Secrets
Any other Metroid game had only those things as secrets
And I didn't find many of them, also most 2D Metroid's secrets are hid inside downright bullshit like walls you'd never know you can destroy if you aren't such an autistic faggot to use your whole arsenal on everything in order to get 100%
>Combat
Literally any 2D Metroid is like that, 3D Metroid is even worse since you can't see your hitbox and Samus' has like a 30 degree field of view
>>
>>322023721
>Fuck off, it made more sense than losing your upgrades from any other Metroid games, and even Samus says Adam "Fuck off" at the end of the game and authorizes her own shit

I'll ignore all of the other nonsense you said and ask why the fuck do people keep defending the authorization system?

Adam tells Samus she's not alowed to use her equipment under the guise of "You might hurt someone". This is Samus, who knows how to control herself around friendles and won't willy-nilly fire at every moving thing. Meanwhile, he allows his own soldiers to use and do whatever they want, including a plasma cannon that takes five hours to charge between shots and is huge and cumbersome as fuck. Many time Samus runs into sn obstacle or enemy that she would have easily bypassed/defeated but has to almost die to it before Adam allows her to use the piece of equipment needed. The most egregious is when she's in a lava-filled hellhole and he doesn't allw her to use her heat-protection armor, which is purely defensive in nature, on the SECOND trip through it, meaning Samus is being slowly burned alive because her father figure refuses to let her protect herself.

If you can look at all of that and still defend the authorization system, you're an idiot.
>>
File: 354683568.jpg (183 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
354683568.jpg
183 KB, 1360x768
>>322013332
The derailment of Samus' character is only the tip of the shit iceberg. Everything about Other M is terrible, and news of how bad they fucked up Samus was just the lightning rod that brought attention to it. See >>322019589
>>
>>322023721
>Metroid Prime's soundtrack may not be bland, but it's both forgettable and bland as shit with those vuvuzelas and no melody
>Actually I don't like any of the whole Metroid's series soundtrack, but at least Other M had a good Ridley theme
This has got to be bait. Metroid series in general has some of the best, most iconic music in vidya, and MP subseries in particular probably had the best music in the whole series.
>Nothing wrong with that, innovetion isn't always good, gimmicks are usually bad
Yeah, originality sure is a terrible thing. Wouldn't want anything fresh, new, and original in a sequel, would you?
>Only good Metroid environments are Prime 3's
Literally the same art directors and shit worked on the previous two Metroid Prime games. I myself thought that 3 had the worst environments outside of the Phazon Seeds and Phaaze itself.
>I'll give you that
Damn straight.
>Not necessarily bad, even though having upgrades locked through story doors even at the end of the game kind of sucks
A Metroid game being overly linear is certainly a bad thing. A Metroid game should have the freedom to let you roam around where ever as you wonder where the hell to go to and even intentionally or unintentionally let you reach certain objectives by exploring off of the beaten path or through different means.
>Fuck off, it made more sense than losing your upgrades from any other Metroid games,
That doesn't make it better when it just made her an obedient basic bitch who just did whatever Adam told her to do.

(1/2)
>>
>>322025034
>and even Samus says Adam "Fuck off" at the end of the game and authorizes her own shit
It was also literally like the only decent bit of writing in the entire game, aside from maybe Anthony Hughes.
>The first is horrible with that super bomb, that's true, the second was just a bonus secret boss outside the story, and the image is talking about that AGAIN
Both were awful.
>Any other Metroid game had only those things as secrets
SM had some secrets that were entirely new powerups that you didn't need to beat the game. Also it and the other 2D Metroids had Power Bomb expansions too.
>And I didn't find many of them, also most 2D Metroid's secrets are hid inside downright bullshit like walls you'd never know you can destroy if you aren't such an autistic faggot to use your whole arsenal on everything in order to get 100%
2D Metroid's items are well-placed and cleverly hidden in a lot of cases.
>Literally any 2D Metroid is like that, 3D Metroid is even worse since you can't see your hitbox and Samus' has like a 30 degree field of view
Combat has never been all that good in Metroid games outside of boss fights, but at least it wasn't stupid the way it was in Other M.

(2/2)

Here's your reply btw
>>
My favorite parts about the Metroid series are the cutscenes, narrative dumps, and linear gameplay!
>>
>>322024591
>why the fuck do people keep defending the authorization system?
They don't understand the idea of player's control and agency. On a game designer's paper, an upgrade placed in a seemingly arbitrary place on the map might be the same as having the game give the player the upgrade outright without having the player find the ability by themselves, but from the player's point of view it isn't the same at all.

Also most of the defenders probably didn't even play the damn game and instead just watched a LP or a summary video. Or better yet, got all their info about the game off /v/. Wouldn't be all that surprised if that was the case.
>>
Always remember

>Adam escapes the Deleter without either of them even incapacitating the other, despite the fact that the Deleter caught him off guard
>Then he sneaks up on Samus, who is dealing with a baby Metroid
>with a killer on the run and what he believes to be an unbeatable foe in the same room, he shoots Samus in the back
>this not only deactivates her suit, but knocks her out
>only then does Adam attempt to kill the Metroid, using a weapon he's CONVINCED won't work, and indeed the fact that it shouldn't work is the whole reason why he'd have to stop Samus
>He has to stop Samus because he's convinced she won't follow his orders, despite the fact that she's always unfailingly done so, and it was even the reason why she had to leave him in the first place
>>
>>322013332

Or the fact that it's by far the worst Metroid game.

I liked it enough to complete it but I would never have an urge to replay it, nor can defend it in anyway.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.