[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lunar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: wp1-1280x1024.jpg (290 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wp1-1280x1024.jpg
290 KB, 1280x1024
So whats the definitive version of Lunar?

This game has like half a dozen ports and remakes so I have zero idea of which ones are good or not.
>>
Playstation version is the best one IMO.

>Sega CD version
If you appreciate spritework & general 16 bit feel

>Playstation version
If you like Working Design's style

>Playstation Portable version
If you like accurate translations

>Game Boy Advance version
If you don't like anime cutscenes as this has none
>>
>>322009702
Silver Star Harmony. Working Designs is the 90s equivalent of NISA meme translations. Eternal Blue remake never. ;_;
>>
The PSP version is the best version.
>>
>>322009702
>So whats the definitive version of Lunar?
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
>>
>>322010802
Which one?
>>
File: 1449351547428.jpg (46 KB, 456x488) Image search: [Google]
1449351547428.jpg
46 KB, 456x488
>>322010079
>If you like Working Design's style
>>
File: original.jpg (42 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
42 KB, 480x320
PSX.

>not liking 90s memes
>>
Stated in the last Lunar thread, play the PS1 'complete' versions so you don't have to deal with the change in quality if you go from Harmony to Eternal Blue.
>>
>Sega CD
Okay decent version kinda has some stuff not in later versions

>PS1
A complete overhaul in almost every sense of the word. WD's localization may not appeal to you.

>GBA
Eh.

>PSP
Graphics improved a lot no one is chbi sized anymore. Remastered OST of sorts has Not-Limit breaks. However dungeons take a hit in terms of size as none of them are really maze like as they were before. Translation is okay no matter what anyone else tells you Xseed just took WD's scrip and sawed off all the 90's jokes and such.
>>
>>322011890
Literally millennial problems: the post. That's like telling people to play MegaTen in chronological order.
>>
>>322009702
There is no 'definitive' version, each remake changes some things in the storyline to shake things up and all of them have very different party banter, which is the best part of the game.

Personally my favorite is the PS1 version, and in my opinion the original is the worst version due to it having very little of that banter and character development.
>>
File: Nash.jpg (12 KB, 285x231) Image search: [Google]
Nash.jpg
12 KB, 285x231
NOTHING WRONG
O
T
H
I
N
G

W
R
O
N
G
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.