[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get pic related or Kid Icarus: Uprising, /v/? Or have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (549 KB, 1232x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
549 KB, 1232x1104
Should I get pic related or Kid Icarus: Uprising, /v/? Or have you got any other reccomendations for the 3DS?
>>
>>322001304
4U
>>
>>322001304
Kid Icarus
>>
>>322001304
Monhun is the better one.

Other recommendations
Shin Megami Tensei
Etrian Odyssey
Professor Layton
Zelda (Triforce Heroes is good only if you can play 3 people local co-op, 3D remakes are kinda unnecessary but great titles)
>>
>>322001304
get both you poorfag
>>
4U
>>
>>322001304
Kid Icarus is very good so far (I'm currently somewhere around chapter 10). But I'm the wrong person to ask as I don't get the appeal of MH at all.

A Link Between Worlds is the best single player game on the system. Tri Force Heroes is the goty.
>>
Monster Hunter. 4U.
>>
>>322001304
You should definitely get both sooner or later. Both are the best games on the system.
>>
File: 51217624_p11_master1200.jpg (264 KB, 851x756) Image search: [Google]
51217624_p11_master1200.jpg
264 KB, 851x756
Both are pretty good. Why is it I took a break from mh4u for a couple of months and I come back to find people are still cheating with fake charms and are still bad?
>>
Its called "Monster Hunter For You" for a reason
>>
>buying 3DS games
>>
Is MH4U playable on the original DS? I don't really want to have a circle pad.
>>
>>322004209
3ds games don't work on on ds silly. Unless you mean the original 3ds which it does you can map the touch screen for the camera as well if you don't want to use the d pad
>>
On a similar note,
I have 5 dollars on my account, what should i get off the eshop
>>
>>322004061
Because they can't git gud
>>
>>322005593
River City Ransom
>>
>>322004209
I've had no problems with it. If you've played monhun before with two analogs then it might feel a bit off.
>>
>>322004180
>buying games
>>
If you want Sakurai's attempt at making a Platinum game, get Kid Icarus. If you want awesome boss fights and looking up info on wikis the game, get MH4U.
>>
>>322004209
the virtual dpad works fine but why do you so badly not want a circle pad? just for the contour alone it makes playing mh so much better and it's only 20 bucks
>>
File: 1421713994867.gif (477 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1421713994867.gif
477 KB, 500x350
>>322001759
>>322001304
Get MH4U, but also get EO4, which is on the eshop on sale for $10 right now.
>>
>>322004061
because mh4u's online community is rancid dogshit compared to 3 and 3u's online communities. no keyboard support + slow-ass typing + no typing at all mid-hunt = nobody explaining shit to noobs so they just get carried and stay shit
>>
>>322006919
>looking up info on wikis the game
casual
>>
>>322001304
MH4U. Its the biggest timesink on the 3DS after MH3U. Also EOIV.
>>
>>322007248
>implying you have everything committed to memory
ya ok
>>
File: Oroboros.jpg (27 KB, 588x330) Image search: [Google]
Oroboros.jpg
27 KB, 588x330
>>322007068
>because mh4u's online community is rancid dogshit compared to 3 and 3u's online communities
No fucking difference, the 3DS made it just easier to cheat because muh powersaves and custome DLC.

Slow ass typing is just half right though. Of course you can't be as fast as with a keyboard, but if you are not a lazy piece of shit you can talk just fun. That is, and there you are right. No chatting while on the hunt.

>SNEPAI NOTICE ME!
>Je suis monté
>SNEPAI NOTICE ME!
>Je suis monté
>SNEPAI NOTICE ME!
>Je suis monté

But blaming others for being a retard is also not correct. It became so much easier to understand how the fuck skill points work, you can literally look in game up how muw you need, what it does etc. And yet you still have 5pages clownsuit shitters. And if you ask em "you do know how the skillpoint system work?" The answer is "yes"
>>
>>322007452
What would I possibly need to look up? Monster parts are obvious, and volcano is where you get ore
>>
>>322007654
>No fucking difference
I find it extremely hard to believe someone who played 3/3U and 4U online would say this. The difference is massive. MH used to have one of the best and most helpful online communities around. Nobody would say that about 4U. I really believe the poor communication options are the main contributor, directly and in-directly, to this huge nosedive. Unfortunately as long as the series stays handheld only instead of at least getting home console ports I don't see it getting better.
>>
I'm afraid you've bought a console with no games. Check out the Devil Survivor ports, the only worthwhile rehashes.
>>
If you want a less grindy and more arcade-y experience with goofy characters, get KI: U

If you want something that can keep you playing for 300 hours with a higher skill ceiling and a lot of weapon variety, go for MH
>>
>>322008798
he should only play the undubs of the devil survivor ports, and if he's talking about buying games he probably doesn't have the means
>>
anything good on sale on the eshop right now? Didn't like SMT4 but something like Devil Survivor seems more interesting to me
>>
>>322009818
The dubs are perfectly fine though. I cringe at most modern anime dubs but Overclocked sounded fine.
>>
File: 1449398167344.png (118 KB, 327x333) Image search: [Google]
1449398167344.png
118 KB, 327x333
>>322001304
BUY MONSTER HUNTER 4!!!

IT IS STILL ONE OF THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY GAMES I HAVE EVER BOUGHT

I'M NOWHERE NEAR DONE WITH IT YET
>>
>>322009923
What did you not enjoy about SMT4? Do you like SRPGs?
>>
>>322002851
Like this post in its entirety for me.

I also recommend:

SMTIV
FE:A
Pushmo
>>
>>322001304
They're the two best games on the system. Get both
>>
>>322011938
I didn't like the overworld, the characters & story, the quests, and the dungeons. Everything else, like the demons and atmosphere/armor designs was pretty cool. As for SRPGs, I enjoy the Fire Emblem games but I'm open to something with more depth.
>>
>>322004180
>buying
>>
>>322012516
There's no overworld, quest or dungeons in Devil Survivor. You might enjoy it, but the game focuses more on the tactics used during combat rather than unit placement (unlike Fire Emblem).
>>
Kid Icarus
Monster Hunter is a pretty bad game. Like, really bad.
>>
>>322013005
Well Kid Icarus does have wider appeal, monhun might be hard to get into.
>>
Why don't you already have fucking kid icarus from the wii mini generals?

You better have gotten your 3ds recently
>>
>>322013137
Monster Hunter is not even hard to get into.
There's just so much shit wrong with that game that's honestly not worth it.
It's a literal timesink. You pour hundred of hours into it due to bad game design, not because of the actual content.
It's pretty mediocre, and I still can't believe Japans love it. Being on 3DS doesn't help.
Kid Icarus might be shorter, but it's actually enjoyable all the way to the end.
>>
>>322012956
sounds good, I'll check it out

heard the dub was god-awful though, that's unfortunate
>>
>>322013428
I've enjoyed every single hunt for the fights themself, never cared much about grinding materials.
>>
>enjoyed mh4u for a time
>beat the story and get into high rank
>things just got more tedious
>some new monsters are doable but just take awhile to beat
>too scured about some prior missions, like hunting both a rathian and rathalos at the same time
Maybe I just need to further upgrade my gear, although I'm on top of it, or I just need to practice more. I want to pick up where I last left off but that's the reason why I took an extended break. I've also been enjoying the online play but I know I'll just hold back the online players if I can't really progress further in single player. I think I got my HR to 6 or 7
>>
>>322014176
The fights are actually cool themselves, but yes, it's the whole grinding aspect what I hate about the game.
Grinding can be fun. In MH4U, it's just really tedious.
>>
>>322014176
bullshit

no one enjoys silver rathalos or stiggy ziggy
>>
>>322014339
online players are garbage. don't worry about going then back.
>>
>>322014520
I usually make one set of armor for Low, High and G-rank. Then I just play the game until I reach the next rank in 50 hours or so.

>>322014681
;)
>>
>>322001304
MH4U
>>
>>322001304
bought a new 3ds with gateway today for 200 euro
TFW playing pirated games like Monster Hunter 4 online in CIA. File and no chance to get banned.
>>
>>322014803
Maybe. I was always mindful about my own skill and other players. I never wanted to be that one player that ruins the hunt for everyone
>>
>>322015985
everyone will fuck up once in a while. it's not too big a deal. i entered an area and found myself standing in kucha's black tornado earlier today.

also, getting used to playing with others is a good idea. i've solo'd too much and as a result am pretty shit at teamwork.. you'll want to earn some unity too.
>>
mh4u is easy i got full white fatalis and everything
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.