[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else started appreciating MGSV more after some time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
Has anyone else started appreciating MGSV more after some time has passed?

I have just come to accept that despite it being unfinished, it never even tried to be the game the trailers made it seem to be. It was never going to be about Big Boss becoming a demon in some grandiose way. It was about how he became the kind of person he originally despised to further his own goals. We got to experience the feelings he felt at the end of Snake Eater.

YOU'RE FACE, TO FACE, WITH THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD.
>>
File: 1448489927112.jpg (315 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448489927112.jpg
315 KB, 905x1280
I keep thinking this. It failed to live up to expectaton but was probably the best game I played last year.
>>
>>321999391
Nah, not really. People liked it and others disliked it. Completely reasonable on both sides
>>
>>322001190
Literally this.
I haven't had more fun in a game released in the last 2-3 years.
Be it story missions or just my own side op deployment, shenanigans or FOBs.
>>
>>321999391
I wasn't really bothered by the story, although the gameplay sucked. I'm sure some faggots will rush in to attack me since they don't understand that gameplay and controls/mechanics are different.
>>
I think the ending would have been much more powerful if the game had dialogue choices. It would make a lot more sense when you find out you're Venom Snake and how this was supposed to be "your" story.

The problem is that Venom Snake is somewhere half between being his own character and an avatar for the player, if we ourselves could decide how Venom reacts a bit more instead of just being silent I think the twist would make much more sense for a lot of people.
>>
It's wierd but as I got near the end of mgs v I wished I was playing FO 4. But when I beat it and played FO, I missed the gameplay of mgs. Maybe one day mods will give me that I mean Snake is already an offical name. But I doubt it.
>>
>>322001190
Then you clearly didn't play Bloodborne.

And no, I don't appreciate it more. It's still just as much as a kick in the dick as it was when it launched. I can only PRAY that MGO doesn't come to PC so I can have a valid reason to request a refund.
>>
I fell for the hype like a retard

>build new PC
>start up MGS V to crank everything to max and get 100%
>stare at the helicopter screen for 2 minutes then quit

It was fun as fuck though and I loved every second of it

WATCH OUT BOY SHE'LL CHEW YOU UP
>>
>>322002202
>I fell for the hype like a retard

If you were going to be realistic it was clear that the game would never have had a snowball chance in hell to live up to the hype.

People expected a experience as tightly woven as MGS3, AND an open world game, it would simply never been possible. Between that and the Konami trouble the red flag was up way in advance. But naturally we all fell for it because the trailers were SOOOO GOOOOOD.

It's a shame though, because there are moments when MGSV just fucking shines. Like running into Quiet, but that's all they are, seperate moments.
>>
>>321999391

No. I'm still mad. I'll never accept it.
>>
>>322002512
>it was clear that the game would never have had a snowball chance in hell to live up to the hype
Let's distinguish the different things people were hyped about here.

Some were hyped about this game being about Big Boss, and finally explaining how the man went from smug motherfucker in MGS3 to absolute batshit insane terrorist in MG1.

It could have been a bad story, it could have left some things out, and people were ready for that. But no one was ready for a game that would have NOTHING to do with the single most important promise it made.
>>
>>322002638
>He actually thought the medic theories weren't true.

What a fool.
>>
>>322002512
Well yeah.

I'm having fun with missions here and there and FOB shit, although I got super angry last night at Skulls teleporting to other floors, and shooting me through the floor or wall, from some distance.
>>
>>321999391
>Has anyone else started appreciating MGSV more after some time has passed?

No, because from the first few hours in I considered it to be one of the best games I've played in about 15 years.

People wanted more storyline and less gameplay. A common complaint here is that the missions are "boring" and "can only be done one way". Uhhh, what? Seriously?
>>
>>321999391
more time passes more i hate this horrible atrocity that killed my favorite series
>>
>>322003134
I realized they were true pretty early on.

But then you missed the part where I was mad even before the release, and got even more mad once I realized even that shitty twist I never asked for was left unfinished.
>>
give it a few years and it will be considered a forgotten legend

just like how now everyone loves mgs4 despite the ridiculous hate for it when it released.
>>
File: 1449119263226.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449119263226.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322003134
More like i hoped with all my might that it was a red herring. Joke's on me ;_;

At least the Hospital/Rescue Kaz/Voices/Shining Lights missions were all god-tier. I also think the intro with Mantis' plane crashing is one of the best openings to a game, it got me grinning like an idiot first time i played it
>>
>>321999391
I'm still mad, the more time pass, the more retarded the game seems to be
I though it was overhyped, thus why I was dissapointed but:
-unfinished game
-pointless open-world
-no interesting bosses
-useless motherbase
-tacticool marks everywhere
-regen health
-you can call any appro from everywhere
-the desert is a pleasant walk in a park, no thirst, no stress meter, no stamina meter, the environement doesn't have a single impact
-still retarded AI, can lure one of them with your infinite magazine, calls HQ but no one give a damn after I tranq him
-the most out of characters for all characters, ocelot is useless, kaz could be the a bot with his fucking raven territories
-Mantis is useless and just used as a wild card to explain all the bullshit just because he has powers
-Quiet and Huey are the only characters with a closure, one of them being a fanfic mary sue self insert, the other had his fate decided in MGS2
-Skullface is supposed to be a mastermind behind all the crap in the game, he dies off screen after being useless, not even a boss fight
-mute big boss, all the character he built for the past 4 games is gone, and he is supposed to be the legendary, charismatic and perfect soldier big boss, our only job is to fill fetch quests
-all side ops are fulton, all of them
-GZ was a demo, most of side missions types weren't even included
-The last part of life aout big boss, he doesn't interact with mantis, liquid, solid, sniper wolf, code talker may be octopus, maybe
-pay to win R&D mechanics, don't bullshit me with "they give you free MBC" we all know someone who gave 20$ will have a huge advantage in invasions
-even if there's hackers everywhere
-no MGO
-plot twist! you aren't big boss! how wew, you'd never guessed between ishamel who is voiced by Big Boss, the character creation, his ability to get out of bed to kill an elite unit and escape them by crawling and left just before ocelot gets you

I could go on, fuck this game, fuck kojima and konami
>>
>>322003221
>People wanted more storyline and less gameplay. A common complaint here is that the missions are "boring" and "can only be done one way". Uhhh, what? Seriously?

That's the thing about MGSV though, it's super free, almost TOO free for people.

Gameplay variety is almost entirely on you. Sure it will give guards new tactics if you abuse a system, but you can play the entire game one way if you choose to do so.

That's why people think it's repetitive, because people themselves play repetitive.
>>
File: 1395960199404.jpg (529 KB, 911x1754) Image search: [Google]
1395960199404.jpg
529 KB, 911x1754
>>322003042
>It could have been a bad story, it could have left some things out, and people were ready for that. But no one was ready for a game that would have NOTHING to do with the single most important promise it made.

Are you pulling my leg here mate?

Tons of people were ready for Venom Snake being somebody else, of course we didn't know the exact details, but there was tons of shit that didn't add up in the trailers. You'd have to be pretty crazy to not smell something fishy about it.

Pic related, medic theory that dates back to december 29th 2012 on my PC.
>>
>>321999391
I hate how much content was cut. Why put all these camos and even camos for fucking cardboard boxes in the game if you set the entire game in the desert?
>>
>tfw your friends spent every day of the last two or so years jacking each other off over how perfect and flawless and profound mgsv would be
>tfw they go out of their way up how much they hated mgsv every single day because it was a stupid metal gear game

Why are kojimadrones so autistic? I barely kept up with TPP and all it looks like is HD Peace Walker with bigger maps.
>>
>>322006082
>Tons of people were ready for Venom Snake being somebody else

What really happened:

You fucking autists on /v/ kept making collage images like that, showing your idiotic full fucking retard conspiracy theories, like Quiet being Chico and so on, and you looked like fucking retards all along because it turned out quite different. Not retarded even.

You're the fucking RETARD, you and your ilk. That's why I didn't come to your shit threads despite knowing more about MGS than any of you combined.

And I bet you started playing at MGS3. It would explain your obsession with Big Cuck.
>>
>>322006508
>I barely kept up with TPP and all it looks like is HD Peace Walker with bigger maps.

That's pretty much exactly what it also was.

People just expected the second coming of christ because a certain man is good at making trailers.

Said man is also known for lying in said trailers.
>>
>>321999391
i'm still mad that the last game in my favorite series is shit
>>
>>322006693
Nigger they're already working on MGS6. Maybe it'll finally be good without Kojima.
>>
>>322006523
>like Quiet being Chico and so on, and you looked like fucking retards all along because it turned out quite different. Not retarded even.

The Quiet being Chico turned started out as an ironic joke about how stupid MGS theories were and some idiots took it seriously.

Honestly, shit like Medic's voice being Kiefer pitched was a dead give-away. It wasn't a far-out theory at all.
>>
>>322006852
But what about the konami pachinko meme?
>>
>>322006852
>Nigger they're already working on MGS6

MGS5*

;^)
>>
They should've included the Chapter 2 scenes in Chapter 1.
>Venom losing Quiet
>Venom being reminded about Paz's death
>second outbreak was once again Skull Face's fault
>Venom going NUCLEAR on Skull Face at OKB Zero

Would've improved the game a lot.
>>
>>322006964
The game should've ended in Chapter 1 with us "killing" Skullface desu
>>
>>322006964
Absolutely.

MGSV could have been drastically improved with some simple tweaks.

Scrap the whole "Coming up in Chapter 2!" shit. Have the Shining Lights mission play out before the end of chapter 1. And then simply have an "epilogue" with some extra missions and the Truth ending.

Also, fucking put like half the missions in a side missions folder, way too many obligatory missions have nothing to do with the plot.

Pacing would improve 10x
>>
>>321999391
Nope. It's still shit to me.
>>
>>322007239
that's what I said, Anon.
>>
>>322006865
Different anon, but I never thought that Kojima would be enough of a cunt to pull the multiple snakes thing again, so yeah, I was pissed off at the twist compared to everything showed in the trailers.
But your defence doesn't justify it any better, as the twist was horribly executed. It had literally no impact on the story in any significant way that Venom wasn't Big Boss, and only made superficial changes to the canon. It could have been a great twist if Big Boss was actually involved in the rest of the game somehow rather than just having a pointless cameo at the end, I don't care about whether or not the twist was obvious pre-release, but there's no defending its execution.
>>
>>322007856
>But your defence doesn't justify it any better, as the twist was horribly executed. It had literally no impact on the story in any significant way that Venom wasn't Big Boss, and only made superficial changes to the canon. It could have been a great twist if Big Boss was actually involved in the rest of the game somehow rather than just having a pointless cameo at the end, I don't care about whether or not the twist was obvious pre-release, but there's no defending its execution.

The entire twist is supposed to be a meta fourth-wall break though anon. Yes, it has little to do with the canon, but that's not the point.

The twist is supposed to drive home the fact that it was not a story about revenge at all, it was supposed to be your story. What was important wasn't that you got even with Skullface, what was important was that you had fun and made your own story.

I know you have probably heard that explanation a million times, but that's what it is. Did the twist do much for the canon? Not really. But the canon wasn't the point in MGS2's twist either, it was the message.
>>
>>322008675
>meta fourth-wall break
Oh fuck off and die. Do you even know what those words mean?
You've just come up with a really silly way to justify a line about how big boss can be anyone. You could literally apply your "what was important was that you had fun and made your own story." to any shit game and say it was 'meta' for that reason.
>>
>>321999391
Yes, I finally realized that Kojima is Big Boss and the player is Venom.
You break the mirror because the game is incomplete and you feel the phantom pain.
Thank you Kojimbo I riked it.
>>
>>321999391

No.

It's not going to pull a MGS2. Get over it anons.
>>
>>322008901
>Oh fuck off and die. Do you even know what those words mean?
You've just come up with a really silly way to justify a line about how big boss can be anyone. You could literally apply your "what was important was that you had fun and made your own story." to any shit game and say it was 'meta' for that reason.

But there is tons of hints that support this fact.

1. The horn Snake has grows according to how you play, not according to the story, him becoming a demon or not is entirely up to you.

2. When you play as another soldier than Venom Snake, they still refer to you as "Boss", this could be an huge oversight, but I seriously doubt it. Meaning that when they refer to "boss" they are actually speaking directly to you, the player.

3. Tons of the story content is completely optional, you can skip Quiet's story entirely, same thing with Paz, it's there if the player wants it.

4. Tons of smaller shit, many of which I have forgotten. Kaz asking Snake to say "Kept you waiting huh?" and the player has a choice to press a secret buttom prompt and Snake will say it, or not.
>>
>>322009483
>When you play as another soldier than Venom Snake, they still refer to you as "Boss", this could be an huge oversight, but I seriously doubt it.
Bruh, don't think too much into it. They just couldn't be bothered to make your soldiers say''ayy how was your mission Random Nerd #354'' when you returned to MB as another soldier. Just a convenient little thing.
>>
>>322010362
>Bruh, don't think too much into it. They just couldn't be bothered to make your soldiers say''ayy how was your mission Random Nerd #354'' when you returned to MB as another soldier. Just a convenient little thing.

Well considering they recorded a bunch of different voices for both male and female DD soldiers when you deploy as them, that argument feels a little flimsy.

It just seems like such a huge oversight that could have been altered with a bit of work, especially for KojimaPro.
>>
>>322009483
I wasn't disputing your evidence, i'm saying that having decent gameplay (with very little variety) in which the player can self-insert to some degree, is no excuse for a shitty plot, dodgy characters, and completely awful pacing.
>>
I had a ton of fun playing the game, but it was still the most disappointing game I've ever played.

Everything in the game was so underdeveloped, and the actual story was so massively bad compared to what the trailers had implied. It still had some fantastic moments-the hospital sequence, the devil's house, Venom killing his own men, Paz sidestory, Truth cutscene at the end, etc.

But it was like the worst bait-and-switch. Ground Zeroes delivered a superior experience, even if it was micro-sized.

I put 85 hours into it and it's still the MGS I have the least memories with. I wish it'd never been released, given its mediocre state.
>>
>>322010707
You'd also need to code shit so that you can actually have the soldiers at the base talk that way and all, along with record seperate voices for random soldiers addressing your randomly-picked soldier. I'd wager that they saw it as unnecessary and said ''eh whatever mang''. But then again, opinions and all.
>>
>>322011029
>no excuse for a shitty plot, dodgy characters, and completely awful pacing.

I never said it was, but all those arguments back up the reason for why the twist is there.

Hell why would they even put in a character creator for it otherwise? If it was just a twist for the sake of a twist, they wouldn't have made the player specifically create an avatar.

Personally the twist saves the game for me, the plot is super dissapointing at face value. But if you accept that the game is supposed to be basically a giant spin-off with al the "V" shit and what not. Things make a lot more sense.

Again, I'm not saying the twist excuses the weak plot, but it does soften the blow of it, because the twist basically says that none of the shit that happened during the game was very important to the canon, and that's GOOD if you ask me.
>>
after i was done with mgsv i went back and played the previous games. for whatever reason the older games felt like it had more soul in it and just felt like better experiences than mgsv.
>>
>>322001558
I have no idea how you can justify in any way that MGSV has bad gameplay. It has some of the most innovative and entertaining gameplay that we have seen in years.

I guess you just don't like/aren't good at stealth games, they aren't for everyone I guess ... except MGSV is designed to accommodate every play style ... you must have terrible taste, go back to playing CoD.
>>
>>321999391
No, honestly is a well polished mess of concepts and ideas.

Fultons were the best thing about the game though.
>>
>>322001804
>meme
>>
Ground Zeroes was better than it, I replayed those missions in GZ tens of times.

The missions in TPP literally suck, can't compare with the GZ ones
>>
I appreciate it less and less actually, it becomes apparent that the game only has novelty value, it's a bunch of fun activities and mechanics thrown together with no sense of direction whatsoever.
>>
>>322011862
>The missions in TPP literally suck, can't compare with the GZ ones

Don't be a memer anon, TPP was a disappointment, but don't let that twist your opinion with how TPP had no good missions compared to GZ.

All the missions that take place in a bigger base is pretty fucking great. Hellbound, Pitch Black, all extremely strong missions, with tons of different entry points and way of completing them.
>>
>>322011692
>I guess you just don't like/aren't good at stealth games,
>MGSV
>good stealth
>Kojimadrones actually believe this

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>322011862
>gz missions
go here get prisoners
go here destroy aa gun
go here interrogate man for info
ride on helicopter and shoot men
>tpp missions
go here get prisoners
go here destroy walker gears
go here interrogate man for info
go here shoot robot on chopper

pretty similar
>>
File: 1447205191641.jpg (127 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1447205191641.jpg
127 KB, 500x552
I appreciated watching the best video game romance of 2015 come to fruition.

Took long enough.
>>
>>322012232
>"MGSV doesn't have good stealth"'fags

Oh, fuck off back to Dark Project.

It's my favorite genre, but stealth fags with their elitist attitude are the absolute worst.

MGSV is one of the best stealth games ever and up there with Thief and Chaos Theory, deal with it.
>>
>>322012242
Camp omega is miles better than any location in TPP. Also no fulton or mother base shit.
>>
>>322006523
You just made me realize why people are so obsessed with big boss/naked snake.

I started with MG and MGS1 back when I was 12 years old, so I've always been a Solid Snake fan, it didn't even cross my mind until now that the reason people love big boss is because snake eater was their first MG game.

It's sad that millennials and kids come onto this board to trash the MGS series when they have only play two or three of the titles in it.

MGS is my favourite series despite V being unfinished, but MGS1 will always be my favourite game in the series.
>>
>>322002512
>If you were going to be realistic it was clear that the game would never have had a snowball chance in hell to live up to the hype.

Part of the problem was the hype train was over 3 goddamn years. Sustaining hype over that long a period is absolutely fucked up.
>>
>>322001190
It's between MGSV for The Witcher 3 for me (which are both excellent games despite /v/ being the retards that they are).

With that said, I don't own a PS4, so I haven't had a chance to play Bloodborne yet.
>>
>>321999391
I appreciated mgsv from day one and dropped over 400 on sp alone.
>>
File: big boss looks at the abyss.png (394 KB, 715x658) Image search: [Google]
big boss looks at the abyss.png
394 KB, 715x658
>getting the russian interpreter doesn't make the enemies speak in bad russian accents a la mgs2
rip in pieces ehnemee sighted
>>
>>322012972
reeekwesting backup yooneet
>>
>>322012416
>best video game romance

Mantis and Eli?
>>
>>322013073
"freeze!"
"MOH"
>>
>>322012972
You gotta admit though, the way they sidestepped it with how Snake just "forgot" russian was pretty clever.

Replaying the game I feel so stupid because there are so many hints about the twist.
>>
>>321999391
Great gameplay, but wasted on an unfinished game with an extremely lackluster conclusion to the series story.

Not the game the series deserved to end on, but still better than the atrocity that is MGS4.
>>
>>322012617
I played MGS1 when it was new and followed the series obsessively since. Big Boss is still my favorite, and MGS3 is still tied with MGS1 as my favorite Metal Gear game, so you can take you retarded theory and shove it up your ass, I guess.
>>
>>321999391
In my opinion the fulton extraction, open world with nothing to do, the fucking side ops, and mother base management fucking ruined this game. They should've kept things simple like they always were. Anyway the game is still fun. I encourage to play it without reflex, enemy marking and the white thing when they are seeing you, It's surprisingly tense and fun that way.
>>
>>322012972
Half of the Russians there have non-russian accent, even interpreter had accent for both Russian and English when he was telling a joke.
>>
>>321999391
I've been telling people this since fucking October. The game is goty material if you accept three important details.

> It's unfinished, but not unpolished
>it's a side story that also aimed on being a soft reboot
>You aren't wanting Metal Gear Episode 3: REVENGE OF THE BOSS
take those three points in stride and it's an amazing game.

And yes, I've played bloodborne and witcher 3 and every other major game this year. I think it was a great year for vidya.
>>
>>322007276
Kojima tried too hard to make it feel like a modern TV thriller like 24 but he's only good at making old spy movie homages.
>>
>>322013230
From the character creation screen I was immensely suspicious of the twist, but ruled it out because Venom seemed to know waaaay too much about BB's past.
>Muh hypnosis
fucking Kojima
>>
>>322013339
It's not a retarded theory, maybe if you started with Metal Gear like I did you'd understand.

Also MGS3 is great, I never said it was a bad game. I just feel as if the main "big boss dick sucking crowd" are people who started with that title.
>>
>>322001804
Here's your (you) :^)
>>
>>322012972
Well, none of the Russian voice actors are native speakers of the language so they do have a bit of an accent if it counts. Same for AfrikKHHHHHHHHaans voice actors.
>>
>>322011515
>the twist basically says that none of the shit that happened during the game was very important to the canon
Then that just begs the question of 'why make the game at all then?'
The worst part about the 'twist,' other than being obvious, is that there is no build up for it in-game. Venom doesn't say or do anything that could possibly give it away, he doesn't have some kinda memories BB wouldn't have, Ocelot doesn't give any hints, etc. It's poor writing, honestly.
>>
File: 1423767468119.png (200 KB, 820x918) Image search: [Google]
1423767468119.png
200 KB, 820x918
>>322013692
And you have zero basis to put that under. You are literally jumping to rushed conclusions to vilify and justify people not sharing an opinion with you. Get a fucking grip, Anon.
>>
>>322013315
I guess you don't like movies and load screen smoking simulators then
>>
>>322012972
>Go to extract the interpreter
>Choke him and the other dudes
>90% of success
>seems good enough...
>I'm sorry boss but the extraction failed
>mfw
>>
I have a couple questions. Are there a limited number of side ops? Are there a limited number of diamonds at MB?
>>
>>322013186
Disgusting
>>
>>322014008
Knowing the twist beforehand made me feel the opposite.
The whole thing about needing a Russian interpreter, the stuff with Paz, the way the AI Core responds when you first walk by it. There are hints throughout but yeah it's unfortunately the kind of thing you'd have to play through again to appreciate the nods to it. And it's way too long and unsatisfying once you've already played with all the fun toys.
>>
I think the twist is fucking brilliant.

There is just this sort of poetic justice in it, Big Boss just going full Breaking Bad could have worked sure, but MGS is rarely that logical.

Having Big Boss's downfall be one of deception just has this bittersweet finality to it. He didn't become a monster, he became a manipulative jerk, just like many other Metal Gear villians.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>322014008
>Then that just begs the question of 'why make the game at all then?

the gameplay

It was your story
>>
>>322014638

there was no story
>>
>>322014730

The gameplay was the story anon

It's a Kojima game, would you seriously put it past him?
>>
File: 1427488533035.jpg (88 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
1427488533035.jpg
88 KB, 1333x900
>Metal Gear franchise known most for it's story as the one big thing you need to get hyped for, it always delivers
>bury it under grinding, pokemon autism, do nothing with the characters or anything relevant with it
>>
>>321999391
>we got to experience how he felt at the end of Snake Eater
Didn't we do that already? In Snake Eater?
MG1 BB is a higher up in the military but is secretly the bad guy
MGS3 ends with BB being celebrated by the military while feeling betrayed by them
The series was set up fine after 3 and I think these further BB games only muddy things.

I accept MGSV as a fun game, but the series hasn't been narratively interesting since PS2.
>>
>That Paz hallucination
>That moment Venom Snake yells NOOO when she takes another bomb out of her

Gameplay was mediocre, but man those cutscenes. Truly Metal Gear is the best movie.
>>
>>322012617
I am 24 and my first MGS was MGS2. I also think MGS4 is an 8.5/10 game. I also prefer Big Boss. Not that i care too much for the story in MGS games, and he isn't the most compelling character, but he is just cool. I don't know why, he just is. Something to do with the survivalist thing he had going on I guess. He also has a more interesting progression than Solid. While Solid is a more complete and intricate character, I still like BB better, mainly because Solid is just Solid Snake through and through. Which is his whole character and his use in the plot, but it just doesn't do as much for me. Like I said, I'm not into the games for the story so much, so all the feels and whatnot with Solid really don't mean anything to me.
>>
MGS fans just like complaining about shit.

PO gets shit on for having bad controls even when every button was reassignable and more user configurable than PW.

MGS4 gets shit on for having lots of cutscenes and for act 3 being a mandatory stealth section, because everyone just wants to do tranq headshots like a shitter.

MGSV gets shit on for being unfinished, while MGS2, a game with so many time/budget constraints that the basically all last act of the game takes place in codec calls instead of custscenes is praised as a work of genius.

They just like to complain about shit, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. MGSV is okay, but after 3 years of constant autstic hype threads and dumb theories people were upset by the hamfisted twist.
>>
>>322014976
Honestly, I agree. Showing more of BB's life wasn't needed. We had a nice set up for his eventual villain role, we didn't need more.
Hell, even PW, while not great overall, had a good ending with BB talking about how MSF would become something beyond mercenaries. And that was also fine. I still think PW didn't need to be made, but the ending at least kinda made up for it.
>>
>>322015616
At least 2's time/budget contraints were worked around, instead of feeling unfinished like V's.
Also
>praised as a work of genius
Come on, anon. You're just having a laugh, right?
>>
>>322016152
youve never been in any mgs threads here if you havent seen the obnoxious mgs2 fans
>>
>>321999391
>mod that spoils that pic everytime
jesus christ, this game has been spoiled a hundred times over, who cares?
>>
>>321999391
yea i agree
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.