[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the better set piece popcorn game if I just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: movie night.jpg (187 KB, 628x746) Image search: [Google]
movie night.jpg
187 KB, 628x746
What's the better set piece popcorn game if I just want a dumb action thing?
>>
Uncharted 2
>>
uncharted
>>
>>321994825
This. But you can't go wrong with RotTR either. Both are pretty good.
>>
>>321994706
Tomb Raider
>>
>>321994706
Tomb raider, i find uncharted boring at times
>>
>>321994706
Tomb Raider has a better combat system but the level design is really samey and kinda shit, everything feels way too condensed and you'll be fatigued before you even finish the game.

Uncharted 1 is repetitive as fuck and I'd honestly recommend skipping it.

2 has excellent pacing and set pieces on top of great variety, though some areas have really frustrating, counter-intuitive design which will annoy the fuck out of you when they hit them because of how smooth the journey has been up until that point, the final boss battle is also really fucking shit but it's a genuinely great game otherwise.

3 is kind of middle of the road, and they changed the shooting mechanics so bullets originate from the weapon muzzle instead of the middle of the screen which is actually really frustrating, this causes you to miss a lot of shots that should be on target, especially in close quarters because drake is positioned so far away from the camera and his running animations make him do shit like swap hands and throw his gun all over the place, movement feels really sluggish compared to Uncharted 2 as well, like you're waiting for the animation system to catch up with your inputs, I'm not a fan of 3.
>>
>>321995774
Scratch that, I only looked at the thumbnail and thought you were talking about the TR Reboot, I haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider yet, my Uncharted advice still stands.
>>
>>321994706
Tomb raider and Uncharted 2 are pretty much on the same level
>>
Tomb Raider is just going through the exact same plot arc as the first game, which is fucking insane

You can't make a franchise off Lara Croft being untrained and easily injured every time she goes out
>>
Must not be a good game if you have hands and attention free to stuff your face.
>>
Stare at a dude rear, or stare at a hot chick rear. Pick your preference.
>>
>>321996061
Are you actually playing these games for the plot?
Your point still stands.
>>
3 games for the price of one > 1 game for the price of one
>>
>>321994706
Uncharted. 2 is the best in the series by a good margin but the others are good too. The PS4 collection does a lot to improve 1 and 3 technically. 1 is brought up to a much higher visual standard with new assets along with tweaked gameplay, while 3 is now free of the awful input lag it had on PS3.
>>
>>321996268
But Uncharted gives you the fine asses of Elena and Chloe to stare at.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.