[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What advice would /v/ give to someone looking to git good at csgo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: store_image_02.png (519 KB, 940x400) Image search: [Google]
store_image_02.png
519 KB, 940x400
What advice would /v/ give to someone looking to git good at csgo?
>>
Stop playing a shitty game?
>>
>>321990092
play more
>>
git gud
>>
use exclusively the AWP
>>
File: suicidal_memeing.jpg (149 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
suicidal_memeing.jpg
149 KB, 803x688
To get a decent rank? Play on cape town servers and sit behind corners with p90s or use autosnipers.
To actually get good? Deathnatching/aim mapping to get decent aim, and play to build game sense. Watch pro matches and guides by steel.
>>
>>321990092
Learn the positioning, flashes, smokes. if you just dm all day your aim will get better but your game sense won't. People hate playing with braindead aimers. You want to be good at the non-aim fundamentals so that you are not relying on your aim, and when you are having an off game you can still contribute

Learn how to trade kills- if a teammate rushes in to tell you where they are so you get an easy kill take it. You will get called a baiter if you repeatedly don't trade

Mastering Crosshair placement is a must

CSGO is a sprayer's game, 1-taps make highlight clips but you will be alot better if you can control the spray of the main rifles

hope this helps
>>
Practice in casual or deathmatch for awhile until you know you're ready for competitive.

Learn the maps and their call-outs, google is your friend.

Learn how to control the recoil of different guns, google is also your friend.

Grenades are incredibly helpful.
>Push A site of mirage
>Plant bomb
>Smoke jungle, connector, and CT spawn
>Enemy team suddenly has to wait a lot longer before they can push you, or if they try it's an easy kill

Don't play on Dust II in competitive.

Most important weapons to learn are the following: Glock, USP-S, Five-Seven, Tec-9, UMP or MAC-10/MP9, either M4A4 or M4A1-S, and finally AK47. Save the Deagle and AWP for when you've gotten gud. You'd be better off buying a Five-Seven instead of a worse CT rifle, and same for Tec-9 instead of a worse T rifle.

Don't buy a shit-ton of weapons to make yourself go broke. Wait until you have more money, so that if you lose a round that you buy on, you won't be fucked.

There's a million things I could say, but these are probably the most important.
>>
The thing that most helps is literally watching pros play. Go on GOTV and watch a full Global Elite match and see how they do.
>>
>>321991530
>You'd be better off buying a Five-Seven instead of a worse CT rifle, and same for Tec-9 instead of a worse T rifle.

But Famas and Galil are really good
>>
>>321991905
So are the Five-Seven and Tec-9.
>>
>>321990092
if you buy grenades make sure you use them in the round, otherwise they are just wasted if you die.
Molotovs are very good at flushing people out of common spots
>>
>>321991905
But Tec-9 and Fiveseven get lethal headshots and won't waste an eco round.
>>
>>321990092
>What advice would /v/ give to someone looking to git good at csgo?
No one ever mentions this, but when playing competitive -
always drop for AK / AWP.
AK = best rifle
AWP = best weapon in game. If you're a shit awper, drop it to a team mate to gain a monetary advantage over the other team
>>
>>321990092
Don't.
>>
Can someone explain to me why I keep getting prefired when I'm walking around? I'll be on the other side of the map during a 1v1, walk into position, then some asshole immediately pops out of cover and AK taps me.
>>
>>321992558
Just get wallhack like everyone else.
90% of the players in CSGO cheat.
>>
shoot guys in the head before they shoot you in the head.
play a lot.

That's pretty much the whole game. The people who are good at CS are good at it because they have like 800+ hours in it.
>>
>>321992754
It's called common sense.
>>
>>321992906
Yes, it's common sense in cheat a game where everyone else cheats.
>>
>>321993014
*to cheat in a game
Brainfart.
>>
>>321992754
Not necessarily, CSGO is all about pre-aim and pre-fire. If some noob stumbles out of a corner or camps in an obvious place he's gonna get rekt.
However, there IS a huge problem with cheaters, but you can tell someone is cheating by watching two things in his play style -
Does he check corners?
and
How's his aim discipline?
If his cross hair is all over the place while walking around and he doesn't check corners while simultaneously anticipating enemy locations he's a wallhacker.
>>
>>321990165
This.
>>
Don't even try if you don't have four friends that are as dedicated to the game as you.
>>
>>321992558
The netcode is complete and utter garbage.
>>
Ignore all the faggots saying HURR JUST WATCH PROS, they must be stuck in nova.

Do it fucking yourself. Practice. Get your reflexes below 0.2 ms reaction time.
>>
>>321990092

Find best settings for yourself: sensitivity, monitor setting, key combinations.

Find people to play with.

Do not hesitate to talk, give info whenever you have one.

Learn smokes.

Crosshair placement is important, play at least 20 minutes of DM everyday. Your muscle memory will recess and forget if you don't.

When buying, talk with your team. Do not buy if they don't, force if they buy. Take a quick look at economic mechanics of the game. You can find it on cs wikia.

Learn positioning, learn important spots on bomb sites, learn important angles and choke points. Learn callouts

Learn to use nade throws. Mastering left-click, right click and both click will give you real advantages. Especially for flashes.

Keep calm, this comes with experience but try to control your composure.

You need really good game sense. Only way to earn it is experience and you should have avarage brain too.

Stick to the basics, do not try flashy moves until you get really comfortable in the game.
>>
Ok so I used to play 1.6 on a decent level and I got csgo as soon as it came for a preorder and played for a while and I have to tell you csgo is not worth your time. The game got better and better in beta and then they decided to keep gradually shitting on it. The best advice is stop playing or play only completely casually. Makes me sad to say this but that's how it is.

But if you really want to keep playing and git gud then the advice would be to first nolife it on deathmatch servers. Hours upon hours. Tactics become important only after a certain level of aim and reflex is acquired.

Then learn flashes,smokes grenades and the rest. Look at youtube videos then jump into an empty map and practice, it's also good to have a buddy that can check if your flashes flashed where they were supposed to. (there should be some commands that give you infinite stuff) Just being able to throw good flashes and smokes consistently makes you a very valuable player.

Also learn basic positions and how to prefire them.

Only after you get good at all this, tactics become the most important thing and this is learned by 2 things and you need to do both 1. you watch vods of good teams and analise why the do what they do then try to copy 2. you try to make your own strategies and tactics prefferably with a team
>>
>>321993413
You mean 0.2 seconds?
>>
>>321990092
Find some friends and play Skype, it's more fun and you can use real strats, it's a team game, so better to play with team.

Use a low sens

Learn to aim for the head and if you didn't kill the guy with one bullet, gently lower your crosshair so every bullet connects on his body

Learn smokes, rush spots, preshots, molotovs, timers, name of every spot on every map

Play aim servers

Use your mic

Ez life ez game. CS is the only fps worth playing, assuming you have a somewhat decent level.
>>
>>321993946
CSGO is my first CS game ever, I only have 400 hours, and I'm LE. I was told that was pretty good?
>>
JUST
>>
FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>321994826
>player continually moves while shooting

What a retard. I'll admit sprays can be shitty in GO but that person was retarded.
>>
>>321994573
It is.
>>
>>321994573
I don't even know mate I haven't played for years already. It's just depressing to me both the playerbase and the game. You might not notice it but it can actually affect you pretty bad, a couple of my friends got into the game and they all became complete and utter cunts after a while + they get so easily irritated. And after watching them play, it isn't surprising, the fucking rage people build in this game is crazy and most of those people were absolutely cool before.
>>
>>321990092

Get a RNG calculator
>>
>>321995507
Welcome to competitive games.

This happens with most competitive games. First-person-shooters, strategy games, MOBAs, fighters, etc. Competitive gaming just invokes hostility.

I just use the mute button when I play competitive, tho.
>>
>>321994947
>streaming in HD on a shitty internet
>surprised when the game lags
>>
>>321994826
>>321994947
Welp. Should I ask for a refund before I sink anymore time in that game? I'm top tier on 1.6 (still play it) and I bought GO on the winter sales because why not. Almost 40 minutes in the game and I manage to kill like 20 guys lol.
>>
>>321995946
Well the thing is I played 1.6 in competitions and this didn't happen and if it did it was pretty uncommon. It was more similar to regular sports where after a match you would go for a beer with your opponents. Albeit I never made it to any big competitions but still as far as I knew this was the way it worked even there most of the time.
>>
>>321994947
It's funny how in this case the missing caused him to kill the terrorist after the round ended, thus ending in a much more favorable situation.
>>
Equip PP-Bizon and P250.

Don't stop running.
>>
>>321990092
Just quit the game and play something better. I wasted 500 hours in this game just to get deranked to silver elite after losing a few games.
>>
>>321990092
anyone here knows where to get a free wallhack?
>>
>>321997951
How the fuck are still in Silver/Nova after 500 hours of playing this game?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.