[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game worth a try?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 14407485663906.jpg (35 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
14407485663906.jpg
35 KB, 312x390
is this game worth a try?
>>
File: 1444441021070.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1444441021070.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
plz no bully
>>
>>321985297

One of my favourite games of 2015. Amazingly well optimised and I fucking love the setting; the atmosphere is 10/10 FUCKIN STRAYA CUNT.
>>
File: 1447876267717.jpg (117 KB, 700x945) Image search: [Google]
1447876267717.jpg
117 KB, 700x945
>>321986887

ok, im gonna trust you

25 eurodollars is a good price?
>>
>>321985297
Fuck no. Gay and repetitive with no depth or difficulty and the story isn't even interesting enough to warrant stomaching it.
>>
>>321987007
Definitely. It's great especially if you're a mad max fan. I recommend watching road warrior or fury road before you play. Also there is a shitload of side missions/scrap to get. I put in over twenty hours and haven't even gotten close to completing everything.
>>
My roommate gifted me this for christmas.

I'm about 5 hours in and I can give some pros/cons

Pros:
>ammo is actually scarce
>water is an interesting mechanic acting as your health potion
>taking down settlements is fun
>driving physics are p.good

Cons:
>it's essentially a collect-a-thon requiring you to grab every bit of scrap you see in order to make yourself and your car stronger
>bamham combat (I actually like it but I'm putting it here because of that triangle webm that inevitably gets posted if you say it's fun)
>it's too easy, everything is marked for you and it holds your hand
>>
"press A to do shit" - the game

Seriously, the fact that you have to do tons of busywork nearly kills the game and some of the design decisions make you question the sanity of the devs.

>I recommend watching road warrior or fury road before you play.
And get horribly disappointed when you realize that the craziest car in the game is a buggy with a dog in the back while everything else is either a hotrod or pick-up.
>>
>>321987007
No try g2a or greenmangaming. I only paid like £14 on release
>>
File: 1432990203595.gif (921 KB, 585x242) Image search: [Google]
1432990203595.gif
921 KB, 585x242
I played the shit out of Mad Max, the on-foot gameplay is decent and the open world vehicle gameplay is amazing.

I'd still be playing it except Avalanche are too dumb to let you reset everything once you've beaten the game so things like outposts and convoys appear again so you can actually use all the car upgrades.
>>
It's a grindfest but if you liked Fury Road you'll probably enjoy it.
>>
I got it for Christmas and I'm enjoying it a lot.
There is a heavy emphasis on collecting things and 70% of the game is spent in your car; now I hate driving games but this did not detract from my enjoyment of the game at all.
The setting is as plain as you can get for a post apocalyptic game but the game still manages to look gorgeous somehow.
The characters are pretty well written.

Only con I can think of is that it gets repetitive.
>>
>>321987007
No don't buy it cunt! Pirate it first.
I listened to the retards here and all those positive steam reviews and it's not what they say. 6/10 at best with it's shitty Arkham gameplay.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.