[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wanna play witcher 3 >mfw gotta play the first two Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 764x764
>wanna play witcher 3
>mfw gotta play the first two

Is witcher 1 and 2 fun?
>>
>>321979812
TW1:EE, hell yes. It is the best game in the series. A very atmospheric, comfy CRPG where just being there and doing Witcherin' is satisfying. Brilliant ending, and a lot of content you just can't see with a single playthru'.

TW2: shitty, linear, consolized ARPG, with horrible UI. Good only for graphics benchmarking.

Also, stop playing series out of order!
>>
>>321979812
Witcher 1 is the one and only time I've skipped a game in a Story-Driven franchise. Terrible combat
>>
nobody cares if you play witcher 3 first m9
>>
>>321979812
Yes, both TW1 and TW2 have a better, more engaging story that's about more than stopping an ancient evil and saving you're daughteru (TW3).

The better question is, why bother playing TW3 if you don't even like TW1 and TW2?
>>
I've enjoyed both Witcher 1 and 2 in that order and thoroughly enjoyed it. However tastes of course differ and I can't say for certain that you will enjoy it.
>>
just play none senpai
>>
>>321979812
I loved 1 + 2, better than 3 but 3 is also good

I'm just not fond of the majority of open world games.
>>
Witcher 1 will be a grind and a painful experience but it will have its moments.

Witcher 2 is great but after you play 3, you won't like it that much anymore
>>
2 was fucking hard. And it would be ok if battles were fun or the story was super interesting, but its a huge turn off.

1 is ok but graphics are horrid, just jump on 3 you arent missing anything desu senpai.
>>
>>321979812
I replayed both last year and they're fun, just don'r rush through them to get to Witcher 3. Take your time and enjoy both.

Witcher 1 is very clunky, with terrible combat and some sections that drag on so much (swamp, final battles). Just play on easy and get through it because of the story, because the quests are quite good - you often play a detective.

Witcher 2 is more fun gameplay wise, the combat is now more action orientated, similar to 3. The game is not linear by any means, there's even story branching that takes you to two completely different areas depending on what you choose, and there's a lot of side quests to do. But instead of boring open world you visit a few smaller areas in succession, and I preferred small detailed areas over huge open worlds (even though Witcher 3 delivered and made a good open world, mostly).
>>
>>321980371
Oh - if you plan to rush through them, just play Witcher 3 first. Those are pretty long RPGs (at least 20 hours each, preferably 30), so try to invest time and patience into them. If you can't do that it's pointless and you should just play 3 first.
>>
>>321980335

>2 was fucking hard

lmao
>>
The first one outdoes almost every other game in atmosphere and music and has one of the few memorable and subtle twists in vidya.

Yes , all of them are worth playing.
>>
>>321980504
>How to spot someone who played after Enhanced Edition
>>
File: 1445502617338.jpg (118 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
1445502617338.jpg
118 KB, 1280x688
>>321980504
It's hard for fucking retards that have shit-tier opinions anyway. The Witcher 3 is objectively the lowest point in the series. With TW being the best followed by TW2.
>>
>>321980303
>Witcher 1 will be a grind and a painful experience

Not really. Only annoying parts are some quests in chapter 1 and 2, because too much backtracking and MMO, but otherwise no.

Amazing game, glad I don't listen to /v/ and played it
>>
>>321979812

You can skip the first two if you want and just read up on the story. For the most part, each game is pretty much standalone. Although I would really recommend the second one, it's very good. 1 is hit or miss for most people.
>>
>>321980020
>playing for the story
>bitches about (perfectly fine) combat
wat

>>321980303
My experience was totally contrary. I just can't stand Witcher 2's terrible gameplay and combat, but played original 4 times in a row.
>>
Only played 1 so far, but I loved it.

That said, in some ways it sucks to play. The game is separated into 5 acts, with accompanying hubs that feed you the main quest and side quests. However, if you blow through the main quest and finish the act, most of those side quests will fail without any warning whatsoever.

Additionally, some of these quests have interactions/requirements that can be very fickle and lead to unintentional failure as well.

I think it's an amazing game and I loved almost every minute of it, but I think it would be a good idea to find a checklist of sidequests/tasks to complete in each act if you want to do everything. There were other small things that were annoying, but honestly I felt this was one of the bigger issues. The combat is weird, no other way to say it, but you get used to it after a while. It's difficult at first, once you get a handle on everything the game becomes easy even on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>321979812
literally me
>>
What don't people actually understand about W1 combat?

It's not QTE it's rhytm based, the game has 6 attack chains and each one has it's own rhytm, you have to learn each one. You learn each attack with a lot of practice. You can ignore the blinking sword alltogether, play the game on hard it's not even there.

Play it in isometric mode, use dodging, get the FCR mod, and the combat is loads of fun.
>>
>>321981380
>What don't people actually understand about W1 combat?
it's not like their consolitis -Souls games, so it's insta shit for them.

I played it pure vanilla just couple years ago, and had zero issues.

>get the FCR mod
no. Do not.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.