[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steamguard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: not a fucking idiot.png (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
not a fucking idiot.png
96 KB, 1920x1080
At first I tought steamguard was a fucking bullshit operation to promote smartphones even more in this fucking society of idiots with gayPads in their hands, but then every fucking time I open up Steam I get sent malicious links, get messages from bots or people that are not on my friendlist, or in general scammers who want to give me a breakout case for my knife hoping I'm some sort of idiot.
I personally get annoyed by the fact that deactivating it makes you unable to do any kind of shit with your inventory for a week, but I see the point of this system now.
What do you think anons, you have any complaints to send to Vulva?
>>
>>321971095
>nigerian prince joke against scammer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s6aNjJRbrA
>>
>>321971095
I never get any of that.
Could it be that I don't play multiplayer games, or at least not multiplayer games for retards?
>>
>>321971408
That's it. Playing third world F2P games like TF2 will get you spammed.
>>
>>321971785
I don't play TF2 that much, only sometimes with friends, and they have spent like 400 euros on that game. I don't think everyone that plays it is a poor fuck desu.
But yeah, with everyone and their mothers playing CS:GO the trading is nowaday pure fucking cancer, so we NEED something like Steam Guard to tell the scamming kids to fuck off.
It's annoying but it's like airport security: without it you are going for a trip to Allahland.
>>
>>321971975

>implying

Airport security is a joke, its purely to keep the masses calm.

>US airport screenings fail to detect mock weapons in 95% of tests

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/02/us-airport-security-raised-after-fake-weapons-missed-by-screenings
>>
>>321972220
Thread hijack/10
>>
>>321972220
>through one check point the machine beeped when an agent went through, however the TSA was unable to find the fake explosive attached to his back
Can you imagine what would happen if they did fucking find it though. It's pretty much the federal equivalent of
>IT'S A PRANK BRO
>>
>>321971095

I've lost my account multiple times. We're not talking simple 6 character passwords. E-mail isn't the same password. As realistically as secure as you can be.

It hasn't happened in years but the last time my account was hijacked, the guy changed my profile name, picture, and friend's over to his shit.
>>
>>321972584
I lost my account once, I had literally nothing of value on it, and steam got it back to me after a couple weeks. So I don't mind the whole smartphone shit
>>
>>321971095
Stop caring about trading, and the email-flavor of Steam Guard is more than enough.

>giving Valve complete control over your smartphone
lel
>>
>>321972220
Cool.

I got taken to a back room once because that fucking machine detected a gap in my dingle holder. Had two agents argue over who was going to touch my dick. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>321972758
They stopped me once when I passed through the machine, and I figured oh, must be the giant metal buckle on my belt. They asked me to turn out my pocket, then let me through. It's honestly sad how easily you could get shit past them
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.