[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>half of the plot is stopping a meteor from colliding with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Safer_sephirothFFVII.png (88 KB, 503x598) Image search: [Google]
Safer_sephirothFFVII.png
88 KB, 503x598
>half of the plot is stopping a meteor from colliding with earth
>one of the boss' final moves is literally the sun exploding into the earth

explain yourself, final fags
>>
The game doesn't take place on Earth, so the final boss blowing it up doesn't have much of an impact on the plot.
>>
>>321970073
>The game doesn't take place on Earth
it's clearly earth with just different continents.

that's why it blows up mercury, then venus, then earth is the final one. it's obviously earth you nerd
>>
>>321969375
>knowing this much about a game you want othe fans to explain
No, you explain.
>>
>>321970202
The attack certainly depicts the solar system and destroys the Earth.

The game doesn't take place there, though, hence why it isn't a big deal for the protagonists or the planet they reside on; which clearly continues to exist.
>>
>>321970595
but it doesnt destroy the earth, it slowly closes in on the earth wherein it shows the sun closing in on the characters, right before the attack actually hits. it is quite obviously supposed to be earth, what other planet could it be?
>>
>>321969375
It's clearly just a metaphorical repersention of Sephiroth's power, hence why he can do the same attack several times and all the planets are back where they were before.
>>
>>321970073
>final boss blows up a completely unrelated planet

What a jerk.
>>
It is not actually literal at all.
>>
>>321969375
>Safer Sephiroth
What is he so scared of that he needs to be safe from?
>>
the official explanation is that sephiroth does his supernova on a summoned pocket universe
>>
File: 2015-07-14_00002.jpg (653 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-14_00002.jpg
653 KB, 3200x1800
>>321969375
half of the shit in the game was just a benchmark for their 3d technology

He only had that attack because they wanted to see what kind of shit they can do with their engine, plus what happens in battles isn't exactly "canon"
>>
Why didn't they just use a Phoenix Down on Aeris? Fuckin' scrubs.
>>
>>321974080

Pretty sure the official explanation is that it's an extremely powerful hallucination.
>>
>>321969375
Sephiroth and the final battle against him were full retard, what is to explain?
>>
>>321969375
It's meteorite u fuck
>>
>>321976047
Cuz it brings people from being knocked out, not dead
>>
>>321969375

The attack was redone for the English version. In the original Japanese version it was basically just a big explosion from nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcFUQ0THJ0

>>321972980

I know you're kidding, but in Japanese it's セーファ (Sefa), which is either supposed to be Seraph (though セラフ is seraph), or it's a reference to the Book of Numerations.
>>
>>321976612
I kinda like the Jap version more. Wonder why they changed it.
>>
>>321976856

I guess the American branch just thought it'd be cooler. It was kept in the International Japanese version though.
>>
>>321976973

I mean the American version of the attack was kept in the International version (they just took the American version and added the Japanese text back in basically, though there were other small changes I'm sure. I know they changed the item menus back to how it was in the Japanese version).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.