[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tower of Latria Demon's Souls: No map, no guide. 4 fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: map31_latria.gif (55 KB, 718x513) Image search: [Google]
map31_latria.gif
55 KB, 718x513
Tower of Latria Demon's Souls: No map, no guide. 4 fucking floor asylum. Each floor looks roughly the same, and do to chunks of missing floor and locked door you cannot simply go from say floor 1 to floor 2. NOOOO you gotta go from floor one, down a few stairs to like floor 3, then fucking back up to floor 2 then you gotta get keys and kill a bunch of lethal enemies.
After 6 hours of that bullshit I finally had the map figured out in my head. Got all the keys, and went to fight the boss, but... just before the boss there is a black phantom (think mid-boss if you are unacquainted with the series.) So I die to the mid boss a couple times before I get a strategy worked out and beat it.
So onto the boss. This boss is full of fuckery. It's a floating magebitch that casts area of effect spells, homing missles and puts paralysis spots on the floor you have to memorize. She also teleports and clones herself, you only deal damage to the correct target.
Alright I manage to do all that. I kill this boss... but then no "You claimed the demon soul" message. Instead some little bastard taunting me saying I am a fool. revives the boss. Turns out you cannot kill this unless you make sure to kill it's servant first.
Where is the servant? Well, he's way up in a seperate tower back through the aslyum a little ways from the boss, but of course you die trying to get back there, so you got to start all over again.
Most fucking frustrating level I have ever encountered.
>>
>>321956806
git gud
>>
>>321956806
World 3 is shit

>muh atmosphere
Fuck off.
>>
>>321956806
Latria is the best level in the entire game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqCM86oxmtc
>>
the level design is very good at conveying where you are at all times (ex the singing vendor, freke's glow, some floors break in different places)

never got lost once
>>
OP here: Not knocking the level, it's a very good level. I like it. It's just fucking demanding as hell.
>>
I think I remember reading that Miyazaki went so far as to do much of the actual 3D modeling of 3-1 himself when directing Demon's Souls.
>>
>>321957785
Don't forget constipated Lord Rydell

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGEEEEEEEHGHHHHH
>>
>>321958550
Do you have to have a particular soul tendency to save him?
>>
>>321958847
you need pure white world tendency to find the key to his cell in 3-2, and I think also to his body form
>>
>>321959792
I haven't really played much with the tendency mechanic, I thought it was part of online, the game is pretty sparsley populated these days.
>>
>>321960189
you don't need to concern yourself with it much anyway

just take care that you don't die too often in human form
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.