[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with the steam sale on, I've decided to Finally get around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1450313190952.jpg (307 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450313190952.jpg
307 KB, 950x1200
So with the steam sale on, I've decided to Finally get around to buying Dark Souls 2.
I've never played ether, so I don't really know the major differences between the regular Game and scholar of the first sin. What should I get?
>>
>>321944345
I don't care about what you said, but that fan art is bad ass.
>>
>>321944345
SOTFS adds all of the DLCs, which are the best parts of DS2 to be honest. it also remasters the graphics, changes some boss fights a bit, changes enemy layouts and placement, and changes where you get certain items and weapons. the end.
>>
>>321945124
Seconded. Exact gear my current character has.
>>
>>321944345
play dark souls 1 instead
>>
get scholar. it's better in every way
>>
Op here, one of the reasons I turned myself off from buying it was I heard HERE and from friends the boss fights poorly designed, is this true?
>>
>>321944345

The enemy placement in Scholar is retarded as fuck. I prefer the original.
>>
>>321946183
Your first mistake was listening to /v/. I picked it up yesterday and it is dank bruh.
>>
>>321944345
I know it's hard, but two seconds on Google would tell you how sotfs is better in all ways.

But seriously I loved DS1, got vanilla DS2 and hated it. Thought it was horseshit. Got scholar on sale cuz muh graphics and ended up putting over 40 hrs into it and really enjoyed it.

I missed the amazing level design of DS1 but overall I was pleased with my purchase. Just don't spend the whole time trying to compare it to DS1
>>
Get Scholar of the First Sin

strike (i.e. blunt) damage is fucking stupidly OP

get a weapon with decent range

a weapon's attack rating doesn't translate directly into damage. Strike damage weapons will ALWAYS outclass slash damage. Thrust is okay.

get a short bow for pulling/poisoning

don't fight big mobs at once, you will get BTFO. fight enemies only whenever possible. pull an enemy and retreat to a safer area. use hallways to your advantage.

seriously, strike damage is fucking stupidly good.
>>
Op here, from the sounds of things Scholar is the way to go
>>
Dark Souls 2 is good in a weird way. The shitty things are shitty as fuck, the good things are great.
>>
>>321947348

Sorry this is me. So thanks Im gonna get it right now!

>>321947332

Thanks for the tips!
>>
i played ds1 and ds2

ds1 for pve and generally better dark souls experience

ds2 for online coop, pvp and some dope boss fights ... but mostly pvp, so fuckin amazing i play it til this day
>>
>>321947504
honestly don't even use an unenchanted sword. Swords are really shitty in this game. Very low damage compared to other weapons and shitty range. "jack of all trades" type weapons/builds end up just being mediocre.
>>
File: 1447929777008.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1447929777008.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>321947332
>tfw using mace +10 for pretty much the entire playthrough wrecking shit

They did not even playtest blunt weapons, there's no way.

Also Santier's Spear is pretty damn fun, I've never really done a playthrough with a weapon that doesn't have scaling like that. I'm thinking maybe next make a character and grind up the Champion's seal to make a pugilist build.
>>
>>321947720
are you kidding? Straight sword are excellent in pvp.
>>
>>321947889
PVP is obviously different.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.