[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get good /v/? I need tips. I've been playing for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (14 KB, 357x141) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
14 KB, 357x141
How to get good /v/? I need tips.
I've been playing for a couple of months, going up and down in silver. I ward up as much as possible, i don't chase w/o vision, trying to lose as few cs as possible when in lane.
I also was a competitive player in wow, so i'm not new to online games. But i have the feeling i'm stuck. I play all roles, jgl tips are particularly welcome but anything goes.
>>
File: 1396766475967.jpg (99 KB, 960x619) Image search: [Google]
1396766475967.jpg
99 KB, 960x619
>>321943226
>How to get good /v/?
Stop playing the Little Tykes version
>>
>>321944391
/thread
>>
>>321943226
Drop the game and start playing an actual competitive 1v1 game, that way you only have yourself to blame and not your team mates.
>>321944391
This is also incorrect
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 394x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 394x960
>>321943226
You has to be lucky or actually be good to get higher in rank

My advice is just stop playing. Played for 2-3 years got tired of the bullshit and stopped playing. I've been in a gaming void though for last 8 months not really knowin what I play. Can't play a single player game more than once.
>>
>>321944391
do dota players have some sort of bot that just searches for league threads
>>
>>321944391
H8 less, not gonna start a thread on which moba has players with the biggest dicks.
I'm playing League because a friend does, couldn't care less about the others. If you're not good enough to give advice just go back to getting cucked in goldshire by dwarfs.
>>
File: 1349311507624.jpg (769 KB, 1595x1800) Image search: [Google]
1349311507624.jpg
769 KB, 1595x1800
>>321944672
Even professional players agree Dota is the harder game, anon
LoL is designed to be streamlined and accessible by anyone at the cost of depth and proper game design

All shitposting aside, my question is why the fuck would you choose LoL if you have a competitive mindset? Why not play the game actually designed to be played competitively instead of by kids with mommy's credit card who are bad at games?
>>
>>321945053
I still follow the competitive scene

Pretty interesting especially this year cause vc's are investing in league

Multiple spots in the pro league were sold for ~1 million
>>
>>321943226
becoming a pro is probably the only way to get good at the game
>>
>>321944672
I enjoy team games more, even if you can lose because of others. I've been gm and raid leader for 6 years on WoW, so team playing just comes natural to me.
>>
>>321943226
>I ward up as much as possible
This anon, warding is nice but dont believe people that tells you that wards magically wins games or shit like that

Only in very high elos warding pay off, in silver, most likely your allies dont even look at the map so your are just throwing gold there

Apart from that just kill the creeps
>>
>>321945185
You wouldn't choose LoL for anything. Why wouldn't you like playing a competitive 1v1 over a game where your team can completely fuck you over? You're never gonna learn anything from the latter where as you are only dependent on yourself and your skill in a 1v1.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>321945065
We are just really upset that you guys wont change, it's like when cops try to help black communities with going straight programs and the cops just get dirty looks for all their work. We just want things to be better for you anon. I'm sorry...
>>
>>321945749
I really hope this is bait
>>
Get your mechanics down and play a carry.
learn to kite like a god with vayne or kayle and pretty much 1v5 the enemy team.
I played with a challenger in silver and our team fed like every game so it was 15/5 in the enemies favor but we would still win because the challenger guy was playing a carry and his mechanics were really good so hed just kite the enemy team and we would win every match.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>321945828
Im sorry anon, but we wont stand by while you subject yourself to all the bad things league brings to the table. You deserve to play a good fulfilling game, with access to every character without paying a dime. We need to help you realize a way to get over your sunk cost fallacy so you can join us where the grass really is greener.

Every day that we try, a couple more people come back to dota even though pendragon killed allstars all those years ago, and it feels good.
>>
Unlike all the other anons I will actually give advice, I main JG, Diamond V at the moment, not the greatest out there but I am Diamond.
Try ganking easy lanes, by this I mean gank lanes where you know the enemy doesn't have any means to escape and your team mate has some sort of CC.
If you're Silver just mute everyone in the game, as a jungler the mute button is your best friend.
If you see the enemy jungler on one side of the map try to make something happen on the other side if you're not close enough for a counter gank.
And play w/e is strong atm, tank junglers atm are in a pretty good spot, you also won't get punished as hard for any misstakes you make as a tank (because you won't be dying alot, in case you do die alot then work on that).
>>
File: wallpaper-1280x1024.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1280x1024.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>321945887
This is basically the only answer that will work. And if you enjoy playing the other lanes you're fucked. I've been playing for 2+ years and every time I've tried to play ranked as any role but AD carry I always get fucked over by retards that think they can 1v5 as Sion with boots and a doran's shield. And honestly I would've gotten out of it a long time ago if I could find a better free game to play (Not counting other Mobas or TF2 here as I dislike the other mobas as much as I dislike league and I've been out of TF2 for a long time.) It just isn't worth playing ranked, anon. Even if you enjoy playing the game it's not worth playing ranked. For any reason.
Also to quell the Dota Faggots in the thread I'm going to say. I would maybe play dota if the camera didn't make me want to throw up in my mouth. any time a fight happens and I start moving my mouse to target anyone the camera has a fucking seizure and shits itself. Getting me killed.

Also if anyone has a better F2P game (not the ones that I've mentioned here.) feel free to tell me what it is because I'm basically sick of every free game that I have.
>>
play a game where theres actual skills you can improve instead and maybe you'll find a way to get good
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.