[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering what /v/ thought of Call of Cthulhu and if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
I was wondering what /v/ thought of Call of Cthulhu and if it's worth playing?
>>
>>321941626
/v/'s opinion is total shit, If it looks interesting try it out.
>>
I've been looking for a copy for a long time now, but haven't come across one. I guess I'll have to ebay it.
>>
>>321941626
Great game! It's like 2,50 on sale right now.
Get it, don't even hesitate.

If you plan to play it on PC, you need a patch to make it work though or you'll get stuck at some point.
http://dcotetools.sucklead.com/p/dcotepatch.html
>>
>>321941767
Thats...a pretty good point lol
>>
>>321941930
Im actually a console fag, anon. Thanks for letting me know though. Your enthusiasm is a good sign that I should check it out lol
>>
>>321941767
/thread
Most of the time, /v/ is a parroting shithole that hasn't played half of the games posted here.
>>
>>321941626

It's okay. It starts off great, but it tries to force these lame-ass shooting sections on you way too often near the end, and the chase sequences lose their punch when you realize how trial-and-error they can be. Still worth playing for cheap though.
>>
>>321941909
That's exactly why I made this thread, anon. Theres literally like 6 or 7 complete copies on ebay and theyre all quite pricy, so I wanted to ask /v/ if its worth the price tag
>>
>>321942226
How much? Game's super cheap on Steam; even a toaster can run it.
>>
>>321942226
Just be aware that it shifts its focus from survival horror adventure in the beginning over to a horror shooter adventure somewhere after about half of the game when you get your guns.

And again, it's 2,50€ on Steam right now and basically every modern PC can run it
>>
>>321941626
I kind of liked it for the first hour I played, I hear it turns into a boring shooter towards the end though.
>>
>>321942406
About $50 for a complete copy.
>>
>>321942406
>cheap on steam

I dont have a PC, im only a console fag :/

the Xbox version is almost as much as a new game, between $40-$70 on ebay and even Amazon
Im not too worried about that though because I like to have a physical collection
>>
Fantastic game, amazing concept, and a lot of fun, but its riddled with terrible bugs and glitches. You can thank Bethesda being a shit company for those.
>>
>>321942956
Damn, no PC at all? Not even a slow one? How do you .. anything?

Anyways, $50 is pretty steep for this game, considering what else you can get for this amount.
I'm honestly not sure how the bugs fare on the console, or if they're just PC related and the console version has no problems. There's community fixes for PC, of course, but none for console.
>>
>>321942876
>>321942956
If a physical copy is your only recourse, I'd say skip it. The most interesting moment in the game occurs about an hour in and it's all downhill from there. Bethesda really fucked over the devs, so the game is full of bugs, poorly scripted segments, and way more combat than is reasonable. It's a compelling, faithful game mired by a shitton of technical issues.
>>
>>321943141

Probably uses a smartphone like all of the cancer on this site.

>>321942956

>:/

It's time to return to where you came from.
>>
File: chew.gif (400 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
chew.gif
400 KB, 1024x576
>>321941940

"[Word]...[words] lol"

>>321942079

>"Im a console[SPACE]fag ... lol"
>>
>>321943141
>how do you anything
Im resourceful with my tablet and phone lol I plan to get a PC eventually, but it wont be play games, but to *make* games

I think I recall hearing that worst the glitches get is that you have to just reload the last save or something
>>
>>321943328
Honestly sounds more like you should. Being a nigger for literally no reason like alot of dumb pussyfarts on here

Like they say, if you have nothing nice to say--go fist yourself :)
>>
>>321943712
>*make*
>doesn't even own a fucking computer
this is the trash that posts here
>>
File: no sandwich.gif (599 KB, 301x225) Image search: [Google]
no sandwich.gif
599 KB, 301x225
>>321943712

>make games
>>
>>321943317
I get you senpai.
>>
>>321943982

>white-knighting
>>
>>321944136
Welp I got the answer I was looking for so this thread can die with the dumb niggers like you beginning to flood it so
>>
File: baka thread.jpg (5 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
baka thread.jpg
5 KB, 125x117
>>321944410

Seeya later 12 year old
>>
>>321944410
>dumb niggers
>is literally a dumb nigger
it's for the best you stop posting you mouth-breather
>>
File: bakas.jpg (140 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
bakas.jpg
140 KB, 500x523
>>321944568

Phone posters, bro.

Phone posters.
>>
>weebs buttblasted
Thank you OP enjoy your game
>>
>>321944782
it's not like you're any better you weeb-tard
>>
>>321943317
I finished the game for the first time like 4 days ago. I agree, the first part at the cult house and the first chapter at Insmouth are amazing. Then the first chase happens, and it's actually great but for what the game is based on, and the initial parts it feels like that part should have been implemented way later, like on the last third.

It's on the car chase when the game goes downhill, the early marsh refinrery is the worst part of the game by a large margin, get's a lot better once you finally see the Shogoth. The boat is decent and devil's reef is kinda better.

Air filled tunnels and the prison break are pure shit tho, and once you get the energy beam weapon it's just shit. And it hurts, because the begining of the game is so good, great atmosphere, sound design, story. So I want to ask, what happened? I keep hearing Bethesda fucked the devs, but how?
>>
>>321943317
>It's a compelling, faithful game
Killing Dagon and Hydra and leading an USA invasion onto an ancient city isn't faithful by any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>321941930
Don't download the patch. When you get to the glitched part, just uninstall the game you've seen the good parts already
>>
File: shitposting.gif (691 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
691 KB, 500x281
>>321945132

>weeb-tard
>>
>>321941626
>if it's worth playing

It is worth playing, but it has some enormous flaws.
>Game starts
>PC kills himself in opening cinematic
>Flashback
>PC storms a cult mansion
>Mansion has Aliens living in the basement
>PC goes to Innsmouth
>Investigates a ransacked store, a series of mutilated body, and finds a fish monster
>Innsmouth police start to notice you.
So that was all... OK at least, certainly not bad. Until...

>Go to Innsmouth Hotel
>Walk in and hear bus driver talking to the hotel owner about killing the "outsider".
>PC: "What was that?"
>Talk to Hotel owner and get a psychic vision of him killing you
>PC: "Hmm.... that was weird."
>Continue talking to hotel owner and get a psychic vision of him killing a woman.
>PC: "I... don't get it."
>Hotel Owner leaves to check on the bus, which has "broken down"
>PC goes into Hotel Owner's office and sees blood and human body parts strewn around the room. He also picks up a journal where the inn keeper described how much he likes torturing and killing people.
>PC: "This is a weird place!"

So after all this, the PC goes and still buys a room at the hotel, despite that he has irrefutable proof that the inn keeper will attempt to murder him.
>>
File: patch1.5.png (35 KB, 608x659) Image search: [Google]
patch1.5.png
35 KB, 608x659
>>321941930
Does this patch fix the run speed glitch that changes how fast you move based on what resolution you're playing at? And does it fix that crash that always happens on the ship? Because neither of those are among the options in the patch.

I get the feeling they're not since there's an option to double the time for an escape scene which seems which is simply a workaround to the slow run speed.
>>
>>321942079
I hope you're not playing it via the 360's backwards compatibility. Are you? Because it introduces a lot of atmosphere breaking glitches such as no music playing in specific levels, including what many consider the best one (Attack of the Fishermen). It also introduces a few additional minor bugs to what is already considered a buggy game.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.