[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Remnant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
Haven't seen this game being talked about on /v/.

What are your thoughts about it?

It's $1 on the Squeenix Humble Bundle right now.
>>
I guess nobody cares about it heh.
>>
Nah, it's just been talked about to death. Get it, it's worth way more than a dollar.
>>
Sounds good anon. Thanks
>>
>>321941632
I was wondering about this game too? Whats it's deal? Good story, good gameplay/shit story, shit gameplay?
>>
>>321941846
Decent story, interesting gameplay.
>>
File: q0evW4u[1].png (84 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
q0evW4u[1].png
84 KB, 259x259
>>321939717
>tfw paid $2.99 for just soul suspect the other day
Already played ARR, life is strange (1)
not terribly interested in the rest.

Last remnant is a solid jrpg/srpg kinda thing. Long as fuck and for just $1 fucking do it kid.
>>
>>321939717
Its good.

It also punish you for grinding, so don't grind at all.
>>
>>321941846
Don't grind, game actively punishes you for increasing your overall level. It won't ruin your file or anything in the PC version, but just keep that in mind.
Read a fucking guide. Play with the Wiki open at all times. You will know shit all about building your party otherwise, because there are a fucking million hidden experience counters and growth trees, and other such nonsense, and the game informs you of none of it.
Git gud, because the harder bosses will stomp your sorry ass like it was nothing. And it will mostly be your fault.
Main character is fuc boi who becomes slightly less of a fuc boi, but the rest of the cast is generally alright.
You will have a waifu, because everyone has the same waifu in this game and she fucking dies.
>>
>perpetuating the no-grinding maymay because of a glitch from years ago.

Don't listen to these memeisters.
>>
File: Last Remnant.jpg (2 MB, 990x3130) Image search: [Google]
Last Remnant.jpg
2 MB, 990x3130
>>321942292
>>
>>321942347
Whoops. Shouldn't have hovered over that spoiler box.
>>
>>321941846

Gameplay is... interesting.

You really need to like, use a wiki to make sense of it. It is fun though.
>>
>>321939717
Battles look strategic but it seems like half-way in the development someone think it's getting too complicated and butchered it and reduced it to typical JRPG attack heal. It's like an archaic MMO. The only depth is in how you grind your characters, and this game has a lot of characters.

It is a time consuming game. $1 buck is worth a game but is it worth your time?
>>
>>321943031
>see the spoiler tag
>see your post
>hover mouse over the spoiler
I'm fucking stupid.
>>
>>321942347
Suggestions to play a game with a guide are the worst. If I wanted someone on the Internet to play for me I would watch a let's play
>>
>>321944396
Unless you want to visit the pub of every city after every story quest to find out what sidequests were unlocked, it's better to just use a guide.
>>
>>321939717

I didn't know anything about it when I played it for the first time, I didn't even know it was more of a strategy game than a traditonal jrpg, it was the best way to go in, if I had listened to the internet I problably would have never played it, for 1$ is worth to try it out even if you don't like it.

That being said it was hella difficult at some points, sometimes bordering on luck. I did grind a bit but never fought 1 or 2 enemies, always more than 3, i dunno if that helps. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9p40zrpg7c
>>
>>321944785
>hella
Chloe go home you're supposed to be dead
>>
>>321945425

And you should be in bed
>>
>>321945684
I am in bed
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.