[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: Zesty.jpg (81 KB, 487x600) Image search: [Google]
Zesty.jpg
81 KB, 487x600
Finally had the time to beat Zesty, it's not nearly as bad as you guys were saying all year. I'd put it around 2nd or 3rd worst Tales, but it was enjoyable in it's own right.
>>
I enjoyed it too but damn what a dumbed down battle system
Here's hoping Berseria is much better
>>
yeah
despite all the bullshit, I'm glad that I was able to find some enjoyment in this game as well
at least this game could be really funny and let me one shot at boss after stunning them
https://youtu.be/cKkWeVt2SWo?t=149
>>
>>321938983
The new trailer caught me off-guard and now I'm excited for it, but I keep hearing that it's gonna follow in Zestiria's footsteps. It looks so similar and supposedly is in the same universe, so I don't know how to feel anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2vt1MM2SyY

It is a good trailer
>>
Starting to really get into the Tales series. Just picked up Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia on the PS3 for dirt cheap, what other PS3 Tales games should I get? Vesperia? Graces F?
>>
>>321939691
Vesperia if you have CFW
Graces F is good too but play it for the gameplay only
>>
>>321939691
Xillia 2 is fantastic, I think I might even like it more than Vesperia at this point even though I think Xillia 1 is the worst in the series.

If you can play Vesperia on your PS3 then yeah go for it. It's Jap only and the English patch can only be run on old PS3s.
>>
>>321939691
definately
also try to find Abyss for PS2
>>
Tales is anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrX0Jf4oNw
>>
Only near the beginning but I'm enjoying the interaction between Sorey and Mikelo. They are so cute together.
>>
File: 1448238683183.png (124 KB, 325x416) Image search: [Google]
1448238683183.png
124 KB, 325x416
>>321940869
They finally made the lead girl a boy, it's so progressive

My favorite character was probably bottom bitch Liliah. Making the old man of the party a woman who likes puns was a good idea
>>
>>321941393
As I said I'm only at the start but those two have a better fucking relationship than most JRPG romance.
Only at the part where Sorey told Mikelo he should merge with him. Does it get lewd when they do merge?
>>
>>321941651
No they just tickle each other a lot, Sorey has to stay pure or else he'll catch malevolence
>>
File: 1451441687206.png (31 KB, 181x283) Image search: [Google]
1451441687206.png
31 KB, 181x283
>>321939326
New edgy Milla will be sex incarnate
>>
>>321942030
But isn't still pure if he's a spirit?
>>
File: 1446619269529.png (221 KB, 559x638) Image search: [Google]
1446619269529.png
221 KB, 559x638
>>321942139
If anything interracial would be extra un-pure
>>
>>321942492
But Sorey is a special case
>>
>>321942492
>tfw downloading the Abyss undub right now

Is it good bros
>>
So I just got to the point of the game where I defeated Mayvin and am supposedly on my way to pick a fight with the Lord of Calamity and end all this.

I'm starting to burnt out on the game. Is it worth chugging through the side content so I'm not underprepared for the upcoming end game or can I just blast through the plot?
>>
>>321938741
what would you say is the worst?

>>321939326
>tfw don't have a decent PC right now and I'm probably not getting a PS4 any time soon
also, I want to do unreasonable things to that boy, he is too cute
>>
File: 1447021738497.jpg (133 KB, 433x610) Image search: [Google]
1447021738497.jpg
133 KB, 433x610
>>321943410
Abyss is my favorite but it's super polarizing. The writing is so central to the game that your enjoyment of the characters and story will determine how you like the game.

>>321943518
You just got done all the tedious side stuff with the orbs, but the game still has you tie up some loose ends before it's over. You're at the point where bosses have mystic artes now, so very close. You should be fine blasting to the end
>>
>>321943980
Xillia 1
>>
>>321944229
I liked Xillia 1, so I guess Zesty can't be too bad.
>>
>>321943980
I'm actually playing Zestiria on my laptop and it runs fairly well. Most likely Berseria would have the same requirements.
>>321944040
I tried enjoying Abyss but Luke just make me hate that game. Yeah he got a million times better but that first 10 hours with him really made me hate that game for a while.
>>
>>321944952
Zesty was more of a disappointment than a bad game to me. The combat tried something different but it was a change for the worse. Complexities like air mechanics are gone entirely. Multiplayer got even more gimped. The equipment system is overly complex to the point that it became tedious. The game has a whole lot of these mechanical issues, which are compounded with the presentation issues like cut scenes replacing dialog box sequences that go on too long. It really suffered from "modern JRPG syndrome", and we got a more "cinematic" and "open world" game as a result.
>>
>>321945073
But anon, Luke was right.
>>
>No Lightning Deal on Amazon for $19.99
>The pricedrop only applied to the PS4 version
>A niche game released two months ago still costs $49.95
>>
File: Sergei.jpg (65 KB, 363x640) Image search: [Google]
Sergei.jpg
65 KB, 363x640
Forget Alishafags, why wasn't Sergei a party member?
>>
>>321946321
I just hate the Luke type of character.
>>
>>321940035
You can enjoy Graces for more than just the gameplay. I don't know why people always try and shit on the story and characters. The game was great for more than just it's gameplay. The story's a little cheesy sometimes, but it's interesting and keeps you going.
>>
>>321938741
I haven't actually beaten the game yet, but I'm just past the first Trial. I'm enjoying it, so far. I feel like the plot is getting a bit sporadic, but I'm interested, I like the characters. and the battle system--while not as good as Graces--is fun enough.
The equipment system is a hot mess though. I thought I'd like figuring it out, but it's more tedious than anything. I understand it so far, but it almost feels unnecessary. If they were gonna add freedom of skill development, then they should have just developed a skill tree instead.
>>
>>321950281
The worst part is how much the game expects the player to use the equipment system. Important attributes like stat level ups are greatly effected by the equipment, but the game doesn't even tell you that until late in the game. Leveling up also doesn't do much for you, if you get stuck on a boss it's way more productive to just upgrade your gear than grind levels. I would go 10 hours at a time with the same items just because of how tedious it was to put new stuff on
>>
I really hope Berseria doesn't follow the Zestiria skill system. That shit was just fucking annoying to deal with and made levels completely useless.
>>
>>321950281
>>321950694
I'm only just at the start. Any tips on how to deal with the skills?

I have an idea on how the skill fusion works but don't really know the best way to do it.
>>
>>321950694
I've been abusing the system as much I can, but the issue is that the better my main gear is, the stupider it is to replace it even if the stats are shit now. Like, I've got these amazing setups right now, but the only way to replicate them is to find a ton of armor, and start fusing away, and even still it won't actually be that easy. It would be easier to just disregard the system at point and just pretend it's like dualizing and only do it for the stats.
>>
>>321951051
My solution was to ignore it for long stretches and just play better to compensate for stat deficits. This brings up the other problem, which is that you can't actually make good equipment until you beat/the end of the game after you have all the normins, because like >>321951249 said, eventually your main equipment has shit stats but you can't remove it because of how invested the perks are. Grinding early is essentially a waste of your time.

Also fuck Zestiria for lowering the exp rate when you increase the difficulty
>>
>>321951573
So just play it like any other Tales game until the end? I've been playing it on normal so I don't think the fusion is as important as you guys but I didn't want to be lost when I do need it.
>>
>>321951842
>>321951051
The most important thing I can tell you is that when two pieces of equipment have skills in the same slot, they'll create a locked skill. It's not always ideal to unlock the skill because it counts as an open slot. You can use this to basically add a better skill to the weapon by erasing the old one through creation of a locked skill. The game actually explains this if you use the help option in the menu.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment in the beginning. That's what I did. You can't figure out everything right away unless you just bullshit and look it up YouTube or something. The more advanced skills created by G-unions, stacks, etc are unlikely to be achievable in the beginning, so just worry about little skills that you want and focus on.

OH, and 4 skills in a row produces really good skills.

Just don't sweat it too much. Take your time experimenting and see how it feels. You technically don't need it to beat the game anyway.
>>
>>321951842
There's bosses that can turn you to stone instantly and for some reason panacea bottles don't cure stone. You become immobilized until death with no way to cure it. The game literally tells you "Just use the skill stack to get stone immunity! If you don't have at least a 4 stack by now, you're doing it wrong!"
>>
>>321952159
Or fuse with Dezel as he's immune to stone. Don't know what to do about that once he's gone though. Good luck. They went above and beyond to make this more difficult than it needed to be. It's sort of like those people who write incredibly, overly fanciful, dramatic prose. It's unnecessarily complicated when it could be easily simplified and arguably much better in that simplicity.
>>
I've reached a point where I barely even "play" tales games anymore. I just set all my characters to auto for regular mobs and browse /v/ while they are fighting regular trash mobs. I only play during boss fights and moving around the world.

Grinding regular trash is boring anyhow, let CPU do that while I do the fun stuff.
>>
Does Tales still have the sorcerer's ring, cooking, and a world map?
>>
File: 1449007687639.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1449007687639.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>321953550
They dropped those after the golden era that was the Vesperia style. Hearts R was a nice call back at least
>>
>>321953550
No Sorcerer's ring, but they got pretty much alternative to that shit with other powers....

There is... cooking but it's just you set it and they automatically cook themselves after awhile and you can eat it whenever you want or not.

Yes there's always a world map.
>>
File: ToZ_Sep12014_07[1].jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ToZ_Sep12014_07[1].jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>321947691
>Sergei
>Not Lucas
C'mon son
>>
>>321947691
Sergei has no powers to latent abilities to see those invisible spirit people and monsters.

Alisha had a little, just enough. It's also funny how this game lets you buy equipment for Alisha throughout the fucking game even tho she left the party mad early.

You could tell Alisha was cut from the game just so they can make her a paid dlc.
>>
>>321954031
Why does Zesty feel so unfinished? They could have fleshed out so much more, like Lucas, who gets dropped immediately only to reappear for a a few cutscenese at the end. An 8 man party of 4 humans and 4 spirits would have been so much better and the story had to go out of it's way to prevent it from happening. Also you should have been able to modify your martial artes like you could your seraphic artes, there's no excuse for not being able to

>>321954317
They could have wrote it so that Sorey doesn't go blind for bad Squires, or just given them each better resonance. It's obvious and a really shitty move by Scamco
>>
>>321938983
>tfw I missed this scene
God damnit.
>>
>>321954317
Please stop this bullshit, if you actually played the game you'd know the items in shops are randomized, they just didn't bother coding the game so it'd stop showing spears when Alisha left.
>>
Just made it to Pendrago in Zestiria. Took about 10 hours. How am I doin', faam?
>>
>>321947691
>why wasn't Sergei a party member?
I also wished he was. Combined with the fact that he's the knight's leader, just imagine how pissed Heldalf would be if he performed his favorite technique.
>>321952159
Just block or avoid it and try not to attack too much, unless you're confident you can stun them. Medusa attacks have some of the longest.wind up in the game. You don't really need that immunity as long as you're paying attention and careful. That twin medusa fight can get pretty hellish though without the skills, but it's still quite possible without it.
>>
>>321955253
It was a pain in the ass alright, mostly because of the ally ai though. Thank god you still get exp while stoned or I would have never been able to finish that fight
>>
>>321955097
>they just didn't bother coding the game so it'd stop showing spears when Alisha left.
They do retard, they don't even appear at some of the towns in Rolance. They're stuck with Calcite spears until Alisha shows up which skips their inventory to Impending Death
How about you? Did you even play the game?
>>
>>321955697
How cute. As said before it's randomized. Stop getting asshurt.
>>
>>321955835
>randomized
They don't even appear later Rolance town in the game.
Also, I'm not the anon you're replying to before. Keep grasping straws and being a cute butthurt faggot.
>>
>>321956107
You're the one insulting me because I shat on your whole argument.
>>
>>321956363
And yet you still can't refute the things I said. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>321946879
Be thankful you don't live in Australia then, Zesteria costs $80 on PS3
>>
>>321956575
>getting this mad
Also why would it matter? What you just said destroy your previous argument. Also randomization is still true for previous towns.
>>
>>321956614
>Be thankful you don't live in Australia
thats all you needed to post and I am thankful for that everyday.
>>
>>321946879
>>321956614
>not buying it on Steam where it costs $33
>>
>equipment shops have randomized inventory
>even if you get the item you want it has randomized skills
>even if you get the skills you want where they are placed can make it impossible to fuse correctly

Whoever came up with this shit should be shot. Just learn shit from side-quests and titles and keep equipment mostly linear upgrades.
>>
>>321947691
because Baba is a fucking faggot
>>
>>321956763
We were talking about Alisha's spears.
>they just didn't bother coding the game so it'd stop showing spears when Alisha left.
And yet you keep moving the goalpost.
Nice try though, keep grasping straws.
>>
I personally ignored zest's equipment system entirely without giving a shit

I only played on hard though
>>
>>321958192
You're the one moving goalposts here. But I can understand as I rekted you to the moon.
>>
>>321958328
The equipment boost is only truly important if you play on the hardest difficulties anyway. There are several ways to make up for not abusing it. Like using the potions that give 2BG so you can spam mystic artes.
>>
>>321958472
>You're the one moving goalposts here
Where?
Also, I'm talking from the Alisha's spear standpoint retard. See >>321955697
You're the one doing it but whatever. Keep those tears flowing.
>>
>>321958852
The only one butthurt here is you anon. I'm not the one shouting insults out of rage.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.