[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /v/. As a long time Metal Gear fan I can't describe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4
File: vic boss.gif (186 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
vic boss.gif
186 KB, 678x422
Hi, /v/. As a long time Metal Gear fan I can't describe to you how excited I was for MGSV:TPP. An open world playing as Big Boss with support from Ocelot and Miller? It sounded epic. I ended up purchasing the game, and then going to a cosplay convention. I cosplayed as Snake from MGS3. I went to a McDonald's and a guy there saw me, asked me if I liked the game to which I told him I hadn't played yet and he literally told me the ending to the game. It crippled me. I then tried to shrug it off and playthrough anyways hoping to find some more enjoyment or depth to it and alas I was disappointed because it was boring and absolutely dull. Am I the only one who feels this way? The gameplay for this was absolutely tedious and the only driving force was the story which was lame anyways.
>>
Well, you can fuck off now.
>>
>>321921230
Sup Reddit
>>
>>321921965
What an interesting and well thought out response.
>>
V is the only one I really enjoy, it lets me play the game without being interrupted by Kojima's awful writing and pacing. I'm actually more keen to play more of his games if he focuses less on the story and more on the gameplay.
>>
>>321921230
YOu're far, far from the only one who feels that way.
>>
I find it ironic that /v/ complains that MGSV has been repetitive when we have been having this same threads every day for 3 months already.
>>
>>321922318
I can respect that. I mainly enjoy the original and the third installment (The second one was a bit too much for me in regards to codec calls.) I just felt like there was a lot of emptiness in the game. I liked the thought of it being an open world for me to explore, but it's pretty much mountains you can't climb, and a dirt path with the occasional enemy outpost along the way. Just uninteresting to me.
>>
>>321922528
I haven't been on /v/ in a while to avoid anymore spoilers to the game, so this is the first i've seen.
>>
>>321921230
nice blog bro

have an upboat
>>
This thread again?

MGS V is a great game. Best game of 2015. Sure it's not as good as 1, 2 or 3 and yeah it was disappointing as fuck. But that's because our expectations were pretty fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>321921230

That's funny because this reminds me of that time I was in McDonald's getting some food and some fat neckbeard walked in with an eyepatch on. Would have had no idea what it was supposed to be but he had a foxhound patch on his arm.

Anyway he walked up to the counter (it more of a slithering motion really) and was like "s-s-six big mac meals ex-extra large a-a-and 40 muh-muh-mc d-doubles please. N-n-n-need to k-keep my st-stamina up". Decided to fuck with him and held my breath before going over and telling him the ending of MGSV. Was hoping he would kill himself after this and stop wasting actual human's oxygen, but now I'm wondering if that was you.
>>
>>321922396
I wanted to like it, I really did. The graphics were gorgeous, the climate changing and the audio of it all was incredible; but the character development was lackluster and the cutscenes generally just involved Kaz ranting, Ocelot being the nice guy, Quiet doing nothing, all while VB stood silent and was like "welp back to missions I go."
>>
>>321923040
so edgy calling people neckbeards and making assumptions about their physical appearance. Typical try-hard troll fag. lol fuck off.
>>
>>321923364

>this reaction

Now I'm fairly sure it was you. And I'm also guessing you haven't lost a single pound you fat subhuman shit.
>>
>>321923040
I'll take things that never happened for 500.
>>
>>321921230
Holy shit, move on you colossal faggot. Do you also cry for months because a girl left you? Fuck off, grow up and be a fucking man.
>>
>>321923040
Kek, that does sound like OP.
>>
>>321923502
You're still talking? Try tying your noose a bit tighter next time, piece of shit.
>>
MGSV has amazing gameplay. Story don't mean shit in videogames, the only thing that story is good for in a game is enhancing gameplay somehow and thats it, i'm glad that even MGS team gets it now, and they are the starters of this whole cinematic cutscene ridden garbage games trend.
>>
>>321923638
triggered.
>>
Aside from the story being as awful as it is, most of the game's problems were easily predicted by anyone even moderately observant. And expecting a good story out of yet another Big Boss game after MGS4 and PW just makes you delusional.

I'm sorry you were disappointed, though, OP.
>>
File: leupboat.jpg (75 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
leupboat.jpg
75 KB, 640x360
>>321921230
Except that the gameplay was amazing. It was without a doubt the best gameplay of any Metal Gear to date. The story wasn't great, but that was mainly because it was unfinished. I wish they would remake some of the previous games in the new Fox Engine with the gamelpay tweaked to match MGSV, because I could play that endlessly.
>>
>>321924019
>remakes
Stop this. Enjoy the games for what they are.

I still think MGS2 has some of the best overall game design in the series.
>>
>>321923602
Kek
>>
>>321923794
Don't lie to yourself and pretend that the only reason mgsv doesn't have cut scenes is because the game is an unfinished collection of half polished ideas
>>
>>321923794
Fuck off, that "amazing" gameplay is either crawling on bushes or dodging enemy fire, it is repetitive and gets old after 15 minutes. If it weren't for the thin story there would be no point in doing it over and over.
>>
>>321921230
>The gameplay for this was absolutely tedious
Yeah it was pretty much just Far Cry 2 in third person
>>
>>321924781
>being so shit you have to crawl in the bushes

lol ok
>>
>>321924781
>not utilizing all the options given to you to enhance the basic formula of gameplay

maybe that's why you found it boring
>>
>>321924529
How can they be half polished or unfinished? MGSV controls great, it does not have any technical problems, it offers immense gameplay depth, and everything is thought out and working great. It is a finished game, all the ideas are completely implemented and work as a charm. The main idea was to allow truly non-linear gameplay, and the enormous amount of ways you can complete any mission in MGSV proves that it is a finished product.
>>
>>321921230

is this reddit ?
>>
>>321925110
>>321925128

Check your autism privilege
>>
>>321925128
>not utilizing all the options given to you to enhance the basic formula of gameplay

omg just developed new gun, dis will giv me beter hedshots!!11!

Maybe the options themselves were dull and ultimately don't improve an already shit game.
>>
>>321925217
What you mean autism?
>>
>>321925364
Maybe...............

wait a sec...................................

Maybe it is a good game but.... But....

You just didn't like it? WOAH????
>>
>>321925364
>omg just developed new gun, dis will giv me beter hedshots!!11!
way to out yourself as being a complete retard having an irrelevant opinion
>>
>>321925172
>It is a finished game
>doesn't mention mission 51
Topkek
>>
>>321925531
Maybe it's a shit game.
Maybe you just don't like my opinion?
Mind = Blown.
>>
>>321926170
>muh story
>muh story
>muh story
Holy shit you idiots. MGS team trolls you again, so what?
Every MGS game has one Metal Gear battle, one, it also always has a cliffhanger character, like EVA and Ocelot who take something and run away with it then the game ends, ELI is simply that character in MGSV, just like Ocelot in 2. So from ideal MGS game recipe angle, V is completely finished MGS game.
>>
>>321922110
Were you expecting a serious answer with such a poor bait?
>>
>>321921230
The worst part isn't the ending. It's merely the first layer of the putrid onion.
The most terrible part is Kojima actually did create this terrible full-of-filler "open for interpretation" pretentious piece of shit that explains literally nothing we wanted and toned down gameplay in favor of open world and "more intuitive controls" BECAUSE he is incapable of writing a coherent plot where Big Boss turns insane and evil.

Not even the Medic twist in itself is the worst part of the ending, but you DO HAVE Big Boss turning evil, and it's both OFF-CHARACTER AND OFF-SCREEN.
>>
>>321926708
We were promised the downfall of Big Boss and the start of Zanzibar Island.Trailers proves it. We didn't get that. Now I want another metal gear with the REAL boss so I can see his real downfall.

For fuck sake there the real ending on youtube! Konami just release the game before Kojima could finish it because JEW.

Gameplay was good, but for fuck sake why did they waste so much time on so much useless shit like FOB and motherbase instead of making random encounters and huge base or even more bosses on the actual world map. There's none of that, only ruskies or niggers to fulton, NOT EVEN A KEBAB AND I'M IN FUCKING KEBABKISTAN
>>
>>321927331
Maybe because BB never turns evil? Everything else is propaganda.
>>
>>321927557
He's pretty goddamn insane in MG2.
Then he became Kojima's goddamn husbando in MGS3, dumping Solid in the fucking trash
>>
>>321927545
The game was about phantom pain, it is in the title, in the trailers, in the PR campaign, in the fact that prologue is released and sold separately, the fact that you are now so butthurt about it because you are literally feel that phantom pain simply says that the game was spot on and it achieved what it was ought to do.
>>
>>321927812
This bothers me

Kojima has been catering to husbando queers since 3

BB gaydom is at idol master level and he indulged in that shit for a decade

Fuck Kojima I'm glad he's gone
>>
>>321927812
Well MG2 was before the MGS, so expect BB's insanity to be somehow explained to fit the bigger picture.
>>
>>321927812

as much as people hate MGS4, Old Snake was great.
>>
>>321928214
Is it so difficult to write a coherent story where the main character goes bonkers?
Another annoying aspect in V is where there were so many chances where "BB" could do something questionable, and they fucking spit on it
>>
>>321928464
Why people hate MGS4?
>>
>mfw people convincing themselves MGSV isnt a watered down FarCry that does almost nothing right except for graphics and controls
>>
>>321928476
I don't know if it's difficult. The thing is, it was not the goal of MGSV, the title is "The Phantom Pain". It is a game about loss.
>>
MGSVs story was actually ok as far as Kojima goes, its just unfinished and has too much filler (as if getting rid of cutscenes can hide how much superfluous bullshit Kojima puts into his games)

The gameplay is whats most lacking compared to all the other games
>>
>>321928643
Except Far Cry is just a shitty shallow checklist game that is catered to the lowest common denominator. While MGSV can be mastered, it's missions are designed to be replayed.
>>
>>321928905
>The gameplay is whats most lacking compared to all the other games

get the fuck out lol
>>
>>321928905
>The gameplay is whats most lacking compared to all the other games
Can you explain that statement in detail, with comparisons and shit. Because if you can't then it's a nice fucking b8.
>>
>>321928572
Literally cutscene after cutscene.
>>
File: Picture Imports 018.jpg (41 KB, 408x528) Image search: [Google]
Picture Imports 018.jpg
41 KB, 408x528
>>321929227
>Except Far Cry is just a shitty shallow checklist game
kek what exactly do you think MGSV is

if you want to master MGS try any of the other games on Big Boss/Foxhound mode, V is babby tier when it comes to ranking

>>321929245
>literally no level design
>overly open inventory removes any sort of challenge since you can call for ammo/switch out at any time
>enemies just stand around and wait for you to bully them, their adapting is a minor annoyance at best
>dosent even begin to make use of its open world that was supposed to be a big selling point, even FarCry outclasses it in that field
>>
>>321929512
But that was normal for MGS back in the day, why hate? MGS3 was the same shit, cutscene after cutscene.
>>
>>321929635
People dont hate MGS4 for the cutscenes, its what happened in them.

Also Acts 3, it was fucking shit
>>
>>321929562
>V is babby tier when it comes to ranking
But it's a god tier when it comes to amount of fun. Yes it is not easy to Big Boss MGS2, but it is not that fun either. MGSV finds good balance between difficulty and fun. Also try No Traces in MGSV and go for the highest score, i bet you won't find it that easy anymore.
>>
>>321928572
Interactive movie. Broke record for longest cut scenes in a game
>>
>>321929562
ALso

>buddies play the game for you
>if things get hairy you can just call in an airstrike
>dosent even have a difficulty slider aside from disabling tagging and reflex, just some settings confined to a handful of missions post-game,

anyone who thinks MGSV is some expansive masterpiece is fucking deluded
>>
>>321930006
i dropped MGSV to play MGS1 for a little while and was surprised how much fun I had with 1 over V

If a game that builds itself off industry cliches at the cost of its own originality is your idea of fun then you can keep it. I just hope Kojima dosent make the same mistake again.
>>
>>321928214
Even in MGS1 Big Boss is described as a warmongering douche. In PW, even, Big Boss is on a very fine line. The only difference between his PW self and the guy we see in MG2 is more aggression.

It's not propaganda. That doesn't even make sense. Big Boss was a cunt. Big Boss even comes back in MGS4 to let you know he was a cunt. I don't know why people still don't get this.
>>
>>321922110
Like your fucking blog post nerdtron
>>
>>321930078
>dosent even have a difficulty slider
It has hidden difficulty. If you want higher score the game will become difficult. Want even more challenge? Try to clear high level FOB for high score, especially after the recent updates, i bet you'll get your ass handed to you.
>>
>>321930515
>you have to play online to have a decent singleplayer experience

After so many consistently good games how do you fuck up this badly
>>
File: 627.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
627.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>321930078
>he used buddies
>he used air strikes
wew lad
>>
>>321927331
>>321927545
In MG2 he explains himself well-enough. In MGS3 we get to see his loss of innocence and the reasoning for his rejection of the government. Hell, even the creation of FOXHOUND is implied.

PW gave Big Boss a mercenary group and a bipedal nuclear robot. At the end of the game he even states outright that he doesn't give a shit about morality or ideologies. What more do you want? I agree that MGSV's trailers were misleading and the game and its story are somewhat crap, but come on. Enough is enough.
>>
>>321930887
What do you mean? I said you want difficulty go for FOB or high scores. If the first MGS was released in 2015 it would have had online VR missions and shit. It's how it is right now.
>>
>>321930990
the fact theyre even in the game says alot

played quite a bit without buddies and no reflex before dropping the game, theres not really much to it keep me playing that I cant find in better games.
>>
>>321929562
>>literally no level design
>the mansion in Africa
>skull face MB
>the airport
>Caves in Afghanistan
>Huey first meeting
>etc

>>overly open inventory removes any sort of challenge since you can call for ammo/switch out at any time
This game offers any kind of play style of your choosing and lets you tackle the objective in anyway you want. Fuck you. The one who didn't challenge themselves hard enough, was you, dickbag.

>>enemies just stand around and wait for you to bully them, their adapting is a minor annoyance at best
Pump up heroism. Currently 600k, enemies are more lethal and carry weapons that you can cripple you even with max battledress equipped.

>>dosent even begin to make use of its open world that was supposed to be a big selling point, even FarCry outclasses it in that field
Now your just shitting the game for the no reason.
>>
>>321931523
>Now your just shitting the game for the no reason.
you mean stating facts
>>
>>321931605
Opinions, more likely.
>>
>>321928464
agreed.
>>
>>321931745
Try playing more games, MGSVs open world is probably the most barebones you can find in a AAA title this gen.
>>
>>321930006
>fun
Try fighting the skulls for fun. fuck off lol
>>
>>321930484
ur a witty cunt m8.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.