[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gaming really fucked /v/? People actually think this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout_4.jpg (33 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4.jpg
33 KB, 238x293
Is gaming really fucked /v/?
People actually think this game is a Fallout, how far have we devolved in 5 years?

In this thread, talk about the future of gaming, and maybe its untimely death for many old fans..
>>
>it's not a fallout if it's not isometric with thousands of pop-culture references!

Kill yourself.
>>
>>321918446

Yeah, it's done for.
>>
>>321918548
Fallout is built upon an RPG. If the game abandons its roots and devolves from an RPG, there is a problem.

Companies are raping casuals of their money by selling DLC (to make the game what it SHOULD HAVE BEEN), and people keep buying..
>>
>>321918548
It's not a fallout because it isn't a fucking RPG.
>>
>>321918983
OP approves
>>
>>321918446
It's really fucking bad, considering they spent 7 years to make a worse RPG than FO3 and an awful shooter. I wasn't expecting anything this bad, but at least there's lots of people who can see it's shit.

Witcher 3 on the other hand kinda restored my faith, even with the mediocre combat.
>>
>>321919231
I don't know man.
Everything is trying to appeal to the masses, which leads to watered down everything.

Gaming is falling apart.
>>
The gaming isnt dying. Its just that the gaming community is expanding and the wellknown big franchises are easiest to rape. Most of the old names like fallout will never be good again(theyll become bleak and casual until they die) but new franchises will step in. Its bad if you have a connection to the old games, but it certainly isnt the death of gaming.
>>
As if gaming didnt fall apart over a decade ago.

One of the most popular fps games is a shittier but prettier version of a 16 year old game. Watered down with less maps, mods, and you have to pay for the privilege of having skins on your guns. And people think it is great.
>>
>>321918983
>>321918902
You play the role of a character and make choices with consequences. You're just assblasted the game doesn't RNG you to death. Fuck off and play Fallout 1 & 2 if that's what you want.
>>
File: 1439551981916.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1439551981916.png
52 KB, 346x360
>>321920112
>RNG is what makes an RPG
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (946 KB, 2250x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
946 KB, 2250x1000
>>321920112
>Consequences and choices
I played 70 hours and have a total of 3 (yes three) actual choices within gameplay. Of that three, only 1 was actually game-changing and it only changed 1 ending slide.
>>
I don't think it's Fallout, it's a Bethesda game.
>>
>>321920402
fuck that guy. he's the main villain in this story of Fallout's fall, not todd
>>
>>321918446
Bethesda took a piss on the lore with Fallout 3, Obsidian cleans it up with New Vegas, now Bethesda's taking a big steaming dump on it. Both in terms of the technology, and how it's used. Power armor was never a rideable mech, and cryo was never perfected Pre-War, or even post-war. Things were also fucking terrible right before the war started, a dystopia in the extreme. But it's never shown through news records or through the first playable segments. The story is also stupid; you have no sense of knowing what the Institute's goals are in the broader sense or any real connection with the factions. The only companion worth taking is Dogmeat, because all the other companions dislikes and likes are myriad, all-encompassing, and arbitrary. It also isn't really an RPG. Not even RPG-lite. It's just a shooter with a few minor RPG influences. It's strayed too far from its roots in favor of the mass market.

Yeah, I'm butthurt. Yeah, I'm whining. But everything I'm saying is true.
>>
Fallout 1 is the only good Fallout game
>>
>>321920402
I think you'd be happier with a visual novel or something. I'd rather play a video game.
>>
>>321920906
I want a video game that actually has depth, this doesn't.
>>
It's like BoS: lots and lots of combat, now with extra exploding barrels.
>>
>>321920570
How is Sawyer the villain for being involved with the only good 3D Fallout game and actually caring about the story/writing
>>
>>321920994
and cars.
>>
>>321920906
I think you'd be happier with a movie or something. I want to play a video game.
>>
>>321918446
Games change. Get over it.
>>
>>321918446
>People actually think this game is a Fallout
>"Fallout 4"

Gee, I wonder why. Don't be such a fucking hipster. It is a fallout game that just happened to change more than the other ones. What you're trying to say is that you don't like it so you're overblowing it into the degeneration of video games.
>>
>>321921972
You are gonna say video games haven't been going downhill?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>321918446
Gaming might be fucked, but not this 5
>>
I feel that FO4 does a lot of things, but none of them particularly well. The game has no depth or nuance, and suffers the blandness of the AAA game that tries and fails to please everyone.
>>
I was just playing KOTOR and realized it has more roleplaying and more depth and consequences for your actions than a fucking 2015 AAA game.
>>
>>321923053
Sad part is that it is true.
>>
>>321918548
>>321920112
>>321920906
b8
>>
why does bethesda think that time stopped in the 50's in fallout
>>
>mfw people think fallout 3/nv/4 should be considered an rpg
>>
>>321924167
3 Wasn't a good RPG, but NV took it in the right direction.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.