[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's The Old Hunters like, /v/? Is it worth the purchase?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21
File: BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg (2 MB, 3533x2118) Image search: [Google]
BB_KyeArt_A_257295_14023645371.jpg
2 MB, 3533x2118
What's The Old Hunters like, /v/? Is it worth the purchase?

Cleanse me of this beastly idiocy!
>>
>>321915220
Yes, it's fantastic. Bosses are good, the areas are good, there's 10 new weapons that are all pretty top tier. Arcane particularly got saved.

It's worth the $15 or whatever it runs for.
>>
First area is a lot of reused assets but put together in a really creepy/cool way. Second area is really easy but with GOAT atmosphere. Third area is basically Innsmouth and is really good, but the shark ogres will make you want to kill yourself.

Two of the bosses are GOAT, one is cool but unfortunately way too easy to stunlock to death, one is okay, one is pretty crap.

New weapons are pretty much all cool as hell and really good.

Overall it's definitely worth picking up. Much like the DLCs for the Dark Souls games, the overall quality is very high.
>>
>>321915503
Thanks friend, does it add more to the story/lore? I would prefer if its not just tacked on shit for the sake of it and actually added value to the origins etc.
>>
>>321916224

It completely alters and adds how you will probably view the lore and some characters.
>>
>>321915220
It's okay. It's probably worth the money although it's not quite as long as I had hoped. The DLC feels very much like Artorias of the Abyss but with tons of weapons everywhere.

I think it's overpriced, but if you can get past an extremely tough boss, it does help to alleviate the vanilla Bloodborne all-the-good-weapons-are-in-the-last-30%-of-the-game problem.

>>321916224
There's lore. It's fairly important-ish. It explains more about the history of Gehrman and the event that caused Bergenwyrth to do what it did.
>>
Without a doubt the highest quality shit From has ever done. All the bosses are good for different reasons, the levels and enemies are interesting, hard and fair, the new gear is cool af and really useful especially the pizza cutter oh my fucking god. Im a Kangaroolander though and the price over here is a little steep, its more expensive than AotA was at launch and even back then I thought it was a bit on the expensive side. I've done 3 playthroughs of it so I guess I've pretty much got my moneys worth.

The cost shows though, the production values are through the fucking roof compared to the base game and the music is top notch. I'd definitely recommend it.
>>
>>321916224

It mostly just adds more lore. Basically just shows what happened to some of the older characters such as Ludwig and Laurence. It also really shows you what the Healing Church is all about, and how twisted their experiments are. Honestly the Research Hall area (The second "level" in the dlc" was my favorite area in the dlc, and one of the best areas in all of Bloodborne. The atmosphere of it is really topnotch.
>>
>>321916224

The story is all about the original hunters that are mentioned in the lore, like Ludwig and Laurence, and what happened to them, why Yharnam was cursed, what happened to Kos (or some say Kosm), etc. It's kind of like AotA from Dark Souls with even more story, in the sense that it focuses heavily on characters that have been mentioned a lot in lore but were never directly encountered in the base game.

It's the most directly story-relevant of any of the DLC FROM has made for any of their games, to the point where it's almost required.
>>
>>321917013
It's more blunt about it, but you already get the gist of what the Healing Church is doing when you go through the Upper Cathedral Ward in the base game.
>>
>>321916836
Another anon from the land down under here. The DLC costed me like $30 and I bought the game for $47 in a sale, I'd say it was more than worth it.

$77 is fairly cheap actually.
>>
>>321916836
wait, how many dollarydoos is it?
>>
>>321917371
disregard

>>321917321
Shit, I better gitgud so I can enough value from it
>>
>>321917321
Jesus Christ I forgot how expensive it was. Its worth it but still, when I saw it on the store page I actually considered waiting until a sale. I'm glad I didn't, but I feel like that would ward a lot of people off from what is actually a really fucking good DLC.
>>
>>321916224

It explains why the sky and the cosmos are one

looking down in that water fucking spooked me
>>
>>321917184

That's true. I guess it just had a bigger impact on me in the dlc. Seeing shit like Saint Adeline, the room full of crying patients, and other things was just pretty fucked. Also, It took me a while to realize but those worms that start spawning later in the Research Hall are actually just patients but with their arms tied to their sides. The entire area was just crazy to play through. I fucking love it.
>>
>>321917158
I don't think it has anything to do with why Yharnam is cursed. Yharnam is cursed because the Healing Church peddled fantasy HIV blood as a cure all to everyone, found an ayylmao, and had another faction that dabbled in cross-dimensional dickery.

It shows how anyone related to Bergenwyrth got fucked really hard and tells you explicitly what Kos (not Kosm) is and elaborates on what they found to induce the split with the church, but it's backstory. I'd go as far as saying that it's not even directly relevant to what happens in the main game.
>>
you've all been great anons, i'll be sure to try and get it soon.

Bergynwerth, Micolash etc were my real areas I wanted to expand on, so all the better that helps towards that. The healing church was pretty self explanatory in the base game.
>>
File: smirking child rape survivor.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
smirking child rape survivor.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
>mfw pizza cutter
>>
>>321917561
gl brah, the first boss is fucking insanity for how early you can actually encounter him. He can actually be your third boss depending on how you progress. I'd recommend playing with a character near or at the end of the game, although From suggest level 65 which also works, it'll just be really fucking tough.
>>
>>321917561
I know how you feel anon.
I can't beat Ludwig.

>>321917616
Well I mean it's $30 in Australia, but our new games cost over $100 here. So maybe it's cheaper elsewhere.

The new Street Fighter is literally $120.
>>
>>321918046
unfortunately theres nothing on Micolash but you wont be disappointed with the Byrgenwerth stuff
>>
>>321918153
I've only just gotten to Cathedral Ward despite owning this motherfucker for 6 months, I better pull my finger out
>>
>>321918307
I remember when new games starting reaching sub $100 but its just shot up again. Quality of living is nice but is that really a fair trade off for cheap vidya?
>>
>>321917987
Nigga, they do talk about the origin of the curse. That rambling fish guy tells you all about it, as does Simon.

Shit's pretty clear cut. It also sheds some light on the fate of all hunters.
>>
>>321918153
The difficulty curve of the DLC is completely backwards. I think that's my major complaint.

At least the final boss was excellent.
>>
File: powder keg erwin.jpg (354 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
powder keg erwin.jpg
354 KB, 1920x1080
Hunter time.

I fucking love the DLC, it added my favorite hats and my favorite weapon.
>>
File: 1432599391411.gif (204 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1432599391411.gif
204 KB, 500x289
Guys I just realized something.
Gehrman made the Doll based off Lady Maria.
Supposedly they both liked, possibly loved each other, but Gehrman had too much spaghetti in his pockets and Maria didn't know how to respond to that.
Gehrman says the Hunter can use the Doll "If it pleases them"
The Doll bleeds white if you hit her
GEHRMAN GAVE YOU HIS USED SEX DOLL!
>>
>>321918512
If you've killed the Blood-starved Beast then find one of the bagmen and let him sack whack you to death. Trust me, I'm a fairy.
>>
>>321918581
But we already knew where the curse came from, and it wasn't Kos, it was something much older.

They're be talking about Bergenwyrth specifically.
>>
>>321918703

It took you this long to figure that out? We knew it was his sex doll we just had no idea who she was based off and how deep the relationship between the woman the doll is based off and Gherman might have gone.
>>
>>321918703
Thats been the consensus since day one. Except the Maria shit, we didn't know she existed until the DLC and before that the most popular theories were that the Doll was based on his wife or daughter.
>>
>>321918581

No thats the curse of the blood, the curse that the orphan puts down is on hunters specifically.

>curse the fiends, their children too

Of course children here is a metaphor for those that followed the path of the hunter.

The beast plague is something else.
>>
>>321918859
>>321918990
How did I miss this consensus? I bought this day one and it never clicked.
>>
Spoilers about bosses.

Maria was the best boss, she was a fun as fuck fight and I found myself dying to her near the end to do it all over. It's too bad that she can be cheesed easier than anyone else. Moonlight Greatsword's tricked form staggers her in one hit, the Pizza Cutter also fucks her up with L2. Shit, you can push her into a corner and she won't be able to stop you.

Just make sure to regen stamina after she dodges and step back during her phase change.

Orphan of Kos was also great. Way easier by myself than with summons, though, since all you gotta do is dodge to his empty hand and then backstab the cunt. Once he goes apeshit I found it easier to walk away from him, only attack that ever hits me is his bullshit flying smash with massive tracking and AOE, oh and went he does that smashing combo. Honestly, though, if you just walk around him while he smashes the ground you'll be fine.

Laurence was a piece of shit. Worst boss in the series for me, and I beat Man Eaters, Flamefucker and all the rest in the Souls games.
>>
>>321919182

You never went to /bbg/ apparently.
>>
OId Hunters is on par with Artorias of The Abyss, maybe even better.
>>
>>321919224

I beat laurence first try just using beast cutters range and staying out of his reach
>>
>>321919224
What is your opinion on Ludwig?
>>
>>321916094
>Much like the DLCs for the Dark Souls games, the overall quality is very high.

the first DLC for 2 was such ass I didn't even touch the others
>>
>>321919224
Orphan is probably one of my favorite humanoid bosses because you can parry him, but it doesn't trivialize him.

Laurence is the worst boss they've ever made. It is literally Firesage Demon levels of laziness combined with the most annoying moveset and an outrageous health pool.
>>
>>321918748
I'm working my way there right now actually

I shouldn't kill that machine gun cunt, right?
>>
File: CWYEaeJWEAAtPZp.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CWYEaeJWEAAtPZp.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>>321918609
You wanna post hunters? I'm down for it.
I'm a huge fan of the Moonlight Sword in From's games; it had my back throughout difficult times of first DeS and DkS1 playthroughs.
It's great to see it back, and better than ever.
>>
>>321918554
I don't know what you're going on about anon, newly released games have been over $100 for quite awhile, although I never really payed attention to that kind of thing.

The trick is to wait until someone buys the game and finds they hate it. It then gets sold as pre owned, so it's price gets reduced.

>>321918609
How do I get these pictures off my PS4? I have a bunch of screenshots, but I can't use my hard drive with the PS4.
>>
File: Bloodborne - 12.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne - 12.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>321919224

Fucking everything staggers the crap out of Maria. She has almost no super armour outside of a couple of her attacks, so even lighter weapons can easily get her into a stunlock. It's a shame because everything about her moveset is fucking awesome.

They need to let her escape stunlocks as easily as the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst does, then she'd be GOAT.
>>
>>321919693

I've seen a motherfucker in /bbg/ using the greatsword in a crusader cosplay, its fucking sweet and I wish my arcane was high enough to use it.
>>
>>321919428
You're nuts, city of whatever was great. Well, the bosses weren't, but the level was well designed and it had a lot of neat build-altering items.
>>
File: 1446000139860.jpg (25 KB, 437x471) Image search: [Google]
1446000139860.jpg
25 KB, 437x471
>>321918153
ACKSUALLY.

There are three required bosses before Ludwig.

Gascoigne.
Amelia.
And either the Blood-starved Beast or the Cleric Beast.

Because, while neither one is mandatory on their own, there's no way to progress without either killing BSB to open the Church Workshop, or killing CB to buy the emblem from the bath messengers.
>>
>>321919428
Sunken King was GOAT though. What didn't you like about it? I can tell you if the others are worth trying since they all attempt different things, like I hate Ivory King but love the first two. Unless you're shitposting in which case I'll shut up.
>>
>>321919787

Set up a dummy twitter account.

Link it to your ps4.

Share to twitter account.

Go to image on twitter on your computer

Add jpg:orig

Save as jpg (not jpg:orig)

Post on 4chan.
>>
>>321919838
If you don't plan on using the transformed projectiles and QS bullet attacks, you actually don't need much arcane at all.
The untrans moveset has very little actual arcane split damage, and is more like a quality weapon than anything else.
>>
>>321917843
Wait what water
>>
>>321919978
Sweet thanks man.
>>
>>321920109
He's probably referring to how the last area is physically above the first area.
>>
>>321919684
you can be friends with him if you beat the darkbeast boss in the area that the nice bag fairies take you to since it opens a shortcut into old yharnam that lets you approach him from behind, just dont kill any beasts on the way there

if you want his armour you need to kill him though, it has high frenzy resist which is great for later in the game

oh boy you're going to fucking LOVE frenzy anon
>>
>>321920109
After you exit the Cock Tower
>>
>>321920056

I mean I literally dont have the arcane to equip it on my str character. I'll have to make a new guy if I want to use it.

>>321920109

After exiting the clocktower walk off the path towards the right. Look down in the water.
>>
File: 2015-04-18_00003.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-18_00003.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>>321919428

Shulva was better than like 90% of the base game in terms of level design and Sinh was basically a Monster Hunter boss in a Souls game. Acquire taste.

And that was the worst of the three DLCs, Frozen Eleum Loyce and Brume Tower were both fucking fantastic. And the gear in all three DLCs was some of the coolest in the game.

The only problem with them was the optional areas of each, which were all shit for some reason, especially the Frozen Outskirts. The only one that was forgivable was Memory of the Old Iron King, because the boss fight with Alonne was awesome, but the run up to him was still garbage.
>>
>>321919858
the level design was fucking horrible, the enemies were resistant to everything I threw, save points felt few and far between from the main game, and overall it felt like a bad time.

Then again I found Dark Souls 2 to be the worst
>>
File: fdd.png (37 KB, 268x267) Image search: [Google]
fdd.png
37 KB, 268x267
Im to the part where you go fight the final boss and im only 14 hours in, is this game that short? i heard that there was a lot of optional areas but i think i miss them all and somehow ended up going where i was supposed to all the time
>>
>>321920507
What is the name of the boss and I can tell you whether or not it is the last one.
>>
>>321919910
my bad anon thanks for the correction im not being sarcastic btw
>>
>>321920507

Yes you probably missed all the optional areas.
>>
>>321920602
forgot but the door in hunters dream is open after my house caught on fire
>>
How early can you enter the DLC?

I want to make a new character and get the Bowblade ASAP.
>>
>>321920230
>>321920395
>>321920403
Is it yharnam? I don't have any character there at the moment
>>
>>321920507
how the fuck did you know where to go so well
>>
>>321920429
I dont see how anyone could dislike the level design in Shulva but to each their own I guess. The way it links together puts every other game in the series to shame, even the first half of DaS1.
>>
>>321920758
You got two more main bosses, you probably missed Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral ward.
>>
>>321918307
If you are paying more than $80 Dollarydoo's you are doing it wrong.

Shop around, Target often has games for $59 on day one, which considering exchange rates and tax is included is a bargain compared to the US.

JB hifi is usually pretty good as well, if you preordered Fallout 4 online it was $60, if you bought it in-store on release it was $70.

Steam is a ripoff though, since we get charged Australian prices in US dollars, effectively doing the exchange rate twice. Buy physical copies if possible.
>>
>>321920507
I had the exact opposite problem. I discovered every hidden area except Iosefka's Clinic, but I could barely find the right path to progress.

>>321920772
After you kill Vicar Amelia.
>>
>>321920507

You probably missed most of the optional stuff. Literally like 2/3 of the game or more is optional.

I would say if you actually do all the content BB is about as long as DaS. Shorter than DaS2, but DaS2 also drags like fuck.
>>
>>321920775

it might be, its either that or the hunters nightmare. Hell it might be both seeing how endless the city is. Considering the shellfish lady that falls out of the sky though I'd put my money on it being the nightmare
>>
Random question, are there any stigmas with using certain weapons in Bloodborne?
>>
>>321921221
sure, loads.
>>
File: 1451335945496.jpg (411 KB, 1165x1579) Image search: [Google]
1451335945496.jpg
411 KB, 1165x1579
Is the pizza cutter any good if you just have minimum STR to use it? What if I socket it with skill scaling gems?
>>
>>321921297
Give an example.
>>
>>321920507
I did that the first time too. The game isn't that long even if you find everything.

>>321921045
It's the Hunter's Nightmare.

>>321921221
Yes, Ludwig's Holy Blade for some reason. Probably because it's good.
>>
>>321920772

Are you me, anon? I'm attempting to do the same thing.
>>
>gave up on DLC after using threaded cane on my 50skill 20vit run and keeps dying to NG+ Ludwig
>decide to try str and hunter's axe
holy fuck this weapon just kills fucking everything
>>
File: 1444696276510.jpg (21 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1444696276510.jpg
21 KB, 429x410
>>321920985
The funny thing is that the only NPCs i saw were Not Solaire, The lady you knock and send to the church, and that person on the church
>>
>>321921326

Its not worth it unless you go STR, but if you go STR its a fucking godsend. Theres something special about 700+ r1 swings at that speed.
>>
>>321921383
all of them sort of cancel each other out and mean nothing.
just use something you think is cool and when people hate on you just tell them the weapon is cool
>>
>>321921383
Bloodtinge builds with chikage and evelym
>psssh nothin personnel
>>
Christmas scrub here. How much room do I have to experiment with weapons before it becomes much more preferable to focus on either strength or skill? Or can I Mario my way through the game just fine, balancing out?
>>
>>321921221

Some people call Ludwig's Holy Blade a "meme sword" because it's fairly strong and popular with new players. The Whirligig Saw from the DLC also gets some shit for being extremely overpowered against most bosses in the game, and the Rakuyo and Chikage seem to cause a lot of buttdevastation for PvPfags.

But putting all that aside, anyone who whines about someone else's weapon choice is a shitter that isn't worth paying attention to. Just use whatever weapon you like using. Same goes for every Souls game. Hell, every video game.
>>
>>321921221
Nothing that's Drake sword tier.
>>
>>321920507
> 14 hours

It took me 60 to beat the game (except for final boss because I didn't want to enter NG+ yet) and then 20 more to fully complete all the DLC and Chalice Dungeons.

Granted it was my first "Souls" game, but still, I think you missed a lot of optional areas.

Look at your Trophy list, there's one for every boss, the compulsory ones are near the top (you should have all these) and the optional ones are the set of hidden Trophies below Cleric Beast. How many are still to go?
>>
File: 1450748123457.jpg (686 KB, 811x1088) Image search: [Google]
1450748123457.jpg
686 KB, 811x1088
>>321920937
I paid $77 total for the game+DLC anon, I'd say that's a fair price.

I only ever pay full price for a game if I'm really excited for it. Otherwise I usually just wait a bit, buy preowned or wait for sales.

3DS games never drop their price for some reason though.Pokemon X is still being sold at full price in EB Games.
>>
>>321920985
No fucking way. All of the content including awful Chalice Dungeons and the game is still nowhere close to DaS in length.

First playthrough took me like 20 hours, the second was like 30.

It's not 2/3rds, it's like three substantial areas and a handful of sidequests. Unless you want to include the Chalice Dungeons.
>>
>>321920507
Post the trophies of the bosses you've killed. There could easily be a few you missed.

If anything, finish it, start NG+ and use a guide to find any areas/items you may have missed. Also there's all the chalice dungeons.
>>
>>321921221
Pizza Cutter in the DLC is really OP and if you get into PvP people will probably get really pissy. The Chikage is the required Nipponese Steel with edgy blood mode rather than a proper transformed mode, its good for PvP but only fucking gays use it. It attracts all the edgy kids. Also the only way to get it is to let yourself be cucked by an undead queen and then pay 60,000 bloodbucks for it after said cucking. Seriously, fuck the Chikage and anyone who uses it.
>>
>>321920317
Is frenzy the thing those lantern whatevers do to you? I feel like Im going to rage
>>
>>321920772
> Bowblade

You'll have to kill an NPC (which won't be easy) but reaching him should be ok if you sprint past everything. You can get a heap of weapons like this, but beating the first DLC boss will be near impossible at that stage of the game, which locks out a few good weapons until later.
>>
>>321921797
there's four after paarl, i've gotten a quater of the trophies apparently though if this is like the other souls game there's probably trophies for gettting all the items, endings, and other stuff
>>
>>321921858
I'd sell you my copy anon but its a digital one.
>>
>>321921858
>3DS games never drop their price for some reason though
they do, Nintendo 3DS games dont though and that is accross any nintendo developed game
>>
>>321922095
Not that guy, but do I have to kill the "Secrets are secrets, for a reason" guy to get the bow? He's the only NPC I can find, so I assume it's him.

>>321922225
I have the game, but thanks anon.

>>321922264
It may just be EB Games then, because those prices never change in the 3DS section.
>>
>>321921045
Could someone post a screenshot? I literally just started NG+ and cant go back to the clock tower atm.
>>
File: STR vs DEX.gif (1010 KB, 238x134) Image search: [Google]
STR vs DEX.gif
1010 KB, 238x134
>>321921473
gif related
>>
>>321921940
Yes. You can get frenzied by other means as well, they're just the most popular because they're creepy as fuck. Don't look up what frenzy does, it should be a surprise. Unless you already know, that is.
>>
>>321922458
It's not surprise, it just doesn't make sense. It's bleed but more infuriating.
>>
>>321922095
Can't you just summon some people and make it easy, like the rest of the bosses?

Hell, if you set a password, there's no level limitation.
>>
what's the best build for Ludwig's holy sword? (the DLC one), am I suppose to level str/skill/arcane all to 40 or just main one stat?
>>
>>321921862

It took me about 50 hours on my first playthrough (w/DLC), trying to thoroughly explore everything. That's about the same amount of time it took to beat DaS for the first time. And there are a ton of optional areas.

>Old Yharnam
>Early-game Hypogean Gaol
>Nightmare Frontier
>Hemwick Charnel Lane
>Forsaken Castle Cainhurst
>Upper Cathedral Ward
>>
>>321922383

Yeah, that dude has the bowblade. Just throw poison knives at him.
>>
>>321921862
Cainhurst
Old Yharnam
Yahargul (before the Bloodmoon)
Upper Cathedral Ward
Nightmare Frontier
Hemwick Charnel Lane

are all optional.

That's at least 1/3 of the game, probably closer to half. This isn't even including the DLC or Chalice dungeons. If you factor those in, it really does come out to 2/3.
>>
>>321922458
>>321922593
No idea. Im sure itll piss me off

I've done with this the same thing I did with DaS; tried it, got my shit pushed in and dropped it, started reading lore threads, then got gud and ended up putting 100+ hours in
>>
>>321921631
> Equip Chikage, Evelyn and Old Hunters Bone.
> Cut myself to imbued my Katana with my own blood to give it power.
> Litterally teleport behind them and stab them in the back
> "nothing personal kid"
> Visceral Attack
> Wipe the Blood of my Katana
> Use Madras's Whistle to summon a giant snake head at my feet as I fade away.

I still don't know what clothes would work best with this build.
>>
>>321922383
You don't have to kill him but if you want to get it early, he drops it when he dies.

You get it at the end of his questline, but that's at the end of the DLC.
>>
>>321922770
Have fun anon, I know I didn't when I got frenzied the first time.
>>
Its not just worth it, its pretty much required to make Bloodborne feel actually complete.

There are 3 levels: Blood River, Research Hall, Fishing Hamlet and all of them have plenty secrets and tough enemies. The bosses are either really cool or really difficult in a good way.
>>
File: HUE.gif (83 KB, 303x312) Image search: [Google]
HUE.gif
83 KB, 303x312
>>321922924
have you tried wearing a nice hat?
>>
>>321922979
>>321922679
I can't even use it effectively, I just want to collect everything. Guess it can wait till the end then.
>>
>>321923024
That flaming cunt Laurence is by far the worst boss in the game next to Micolash, both for different reasons.
>>
I like how we can actually have Bloodborne threads now. This kind of thread is what this board should be like.
>>
>>321922627

50STR/25SKL/50ARC is ideal if you want to dump a lot of levels into it. Otherwise you'll need to choose, either 50STR/25SKL/25ARC or 25STR/25SKL/50ARC.

At base the STR build will be better, because the untricked form is pure physical and the tricked form is still more physical than arcane aside from the projectiles. If you can gem for a bunch of Arcane damage then the ARC build can be really powerful though, since it also scales the projectiles, which makes the tricked L2 much stronger and makes the tricked charged R2 do absurd damage at close range.
>>
File: 1437118064032.jpg (45 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1437118064032.jpg
45 KB, 680x453
>>321921927
THIS ASSMAD EXECUTIONER.

Your tears are delicious, Alfred. How does it feel, knowing that even after you sacrificed your life to kill my beloved queen, I brought her back to life? Your master's gone, too, and your order is extinct.

Vilebloods:2
Executioners:0
>>
>>321922164
I think you missed 3 areas

Nightmare Frontier, Cainhurst and Upper Cathederal Ward

Yeah, there's a trophy for every boss, an a couple for finding optional areas, all 3 endings, all weapons and Hunters Tools, and finding a rare gem/rune which you'll get anyway doing the other stuff.
>>
>>321923292
It's because the PCucks are resigned to the fact it's NEVER EVER coming to them
>>
>>321923352
Untricked form isn't pure physical, it still does some arcane damage. You can test it with arcane gems.

>>321923468
You fags are the reason that we never have good Bloodborne threads.
>>
>>321921326

If your SKL just use Rakuyo. That thing is sexy AF
>>
>>321923410
He's just mad because he doesn't have a qt vampire waifu
>>
>>321922606
He has a fuckton of health and will probably one-shot you at that level.

Summoning people out of your range with a password works, but they'll have there stats reduced so you can do what you are planning.

It's possible (some guy killed him at level 4, another with fists only) but not feasible for an average player.
>>
>there are people that dont join the League

Hunt and kill until your hearts content my fellow confederates. Cleanse the filth and aid those in need, for the removal of vermin is the most noble of goals.
>>
I need to spoil games more, when I did it with this game it just made me want to buy it even more.
How quickly does the game go from Gothic horror to ayylmao?
>>
File: Sonygger jealousy.png (290 KB, 1914x978) Image search: [Google]
Sonygger jealousy.png
290 KB, 1914x978
>>321923468
>open bloodborne thread
>ctrl+f
>PC
Everytime.
>>
>>321915220
Every weapon I come across in The Old Hunters becomes my new main weapon until I come across the very next weapon.

The boom hammer, the amygdala arm, the church pick, the moonblade, the whirly-gig, every single one is fantastic.
>>
>>321923789

You start to get hints of it around a quarter of the way, it goes full lmao around the halfway mark. Its a slow burn but worth it.
>>
>>321923752
You can probably do it relatively legit with Beast Blood pellets.
>>
>>321923789

Pretty quickly, actually. It's mostly the beginning areas that are ridden with beasts. As soon as you complete the Yharnam/Cathedral Ward areas, the game starts to reveal its "lovecraftian" side.
>>
>>321922095
Wait you have to kill him? I got it from him at the last lamp, not hostile.
>>
>>321923789
Kinda quick in my opinion. Only the first part of the game really has to do with werewolves.
>>
>>321923410
FUCKING VILEBLOOD

IM GONNA GRIND YOU INTO FLESHY PINK PULP DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME

WE ALREADY HAVE A BEAST PROBLEM IN YHARNAM THE LAST THING WE NEED IS KEK VAMPIRE WEEBS YOU PATHETIC SHIT

DO THIS TOWN A FAvOUR AND CRAWL UNDER MY WHEEL YOU FUCKING SIREN
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151209012538.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151209012538.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>>321918609

>>321919978
>>321919787
Just copy it to a USB.
>>
>>321923615

Next to nothing though. The ARC scaling on that shit without gems is absolutely pointless.

I was really weirded out when I first tried to make an ARC build specifically for that sword, after using the Moonlight Greatsword in previous games was all about INT. Instead this time you have to strike a real delicate balance between STR for pure damage and ARC for the projectiles, unless you gem for a bunch of ARC.
>>
>>321919428
Then you're an idiot, the dlc for 2 was amazing.
>>
am i supposed to consume the madness knowledge? i know the more insight you have the more cthulu shit and the more susceptible you are to frenzy you see but i;m getting so many of them right now i feel compelled to consume them.
also when do i get magic/tools? i'm going for an arcane build but i havent seen shit after killing 3 bosses
>>
>>321923789

You get a lot of hints of it early, especially if you do the Nightmare Frontier early like I did.

But it really goes all out starting with Rom.
>>
>>321924098
I just went 16/12/50 under the same assumption and I found that it did enough damage in tricked form. Probably not optimal, but this is my PvE "fuck it I'm leveling to max" character anyway.
>>
When is this game coming to PC?
>>
>>321923972
thats if you want it early, if you want to use it in the main game and the DLC you'll have to kill him since you get it from him so late in the DLC
>>
Sooo I accidentally killed the guy in the woods who gets you to join the league but I've been consuming my vermin anyway. Should I have saved them for my ng+ when I get to talk to him.
>>
>>321924112
Only consume the stuff as you need it, there is really no benefit to having lots of it, trust me.

Most of the interesting hunter tools are pretty late game items, arcane builds aren't the best choice for a first playthrough, rather focus on strength or skill.
>>
>>321924360
Never
>>
File: 1451044188728.png (467 KB, 1971x900) Image search: [Google]
1451044188728.png
467 KB, 1971x900
>>321924360
>>
>>321924562
Never ever?
>>
>>321924360
Never unfortunately. Sony funded the game in its entirety so theres literally no chance its coming to PC as neat as it would be.
>>
>>321924718
I'd hate to purchase a Playstation 4 just for this game. I'll wait until its library expands.
>>
>>321923789
Depends how much insight you have, and where explore.

There's a reference to "Great Ones" in the first area, but more and comes to light as your progress.

An "ideal", blind playthrough would be thinking it's just werewolves and shit, but being slowly unsettled by certain item descriptions, lines of Dialouge and archetiture.

After you kill a certain boss, extremly tough guys with Sacks appear in places there was no enemy previously. If (aka when, because they surprise the shit out you the first time you see one) they kill you, you are taken to a underground prison in a super spooky area filled with those guys. It's super atmospheric and while you are there there's constant low chanting as the areas music, and very otherworldly statues everywhere. That combined with the extreme difficulty of the enemies make it absolutely terrifying, and probably the first big clue that there's more going on than you first thought.
>>
File: 1433297562510.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1433297562510.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
FUCKING LUDWIG JESUS CHRIST I'VE FOUGHT HIM LIKE 30 TIMES NOW I CAN NEVER GET THE TIMING RIGHT
>>
>>321924112

Just keep them unless you need the insight to buy something or summon someone.

Generally having high insight is worse than not having it since it lowers Beasthood (if you use the claws or blood pellets) and really fucks your frenzy resistance, as well as making a few areas/enemies slightly tougher. And it doesn't really have any benefits in return.
>>
>>321924112
Having insight on your person is neat the first time, but it confers no actual benefit to you. I'd suggest holding onto it. The real reason for having insight is purchasing overpriced things at the end of the game.

You get absolutely fuck all for Arcane builds for half of the game. Your first taste is after what is probably the third boss, but you don't get any fun items until basically the midpoint.
>>
This game made me discover i'm a full blown PvE casual. I will fight invaders but usually I don't give a shit about online, i got my dank ass cathedrals and castles and enemies to rediscover
>>
>>321924832
I got one relatively cheap and theres some other stuff I wanted so it was worth it for me. Id recommend waiting if theres nothing else you really want on it.
>>
>>321924967

Souls PvP is pure autism anyway.

Invasions add a fun element to the gameplay (and the people who play offline or pull the plug when they get invaded are shitters who are robbing themselves of part of the experience) but playing just for PvP is retarded.
>>
>>321924847
dodge to the left in phase 1
>>
>>321921652
Many weapons scale with both stats, so levelling both is viable if you want to be able to try everything.
>>
>>321925241
Getting invaded is fucking annoying when you're actually trying to do something.
>>
>>321925241

The best way to approach pvp is just random invasions, I've never been a fan of organized dueling pvp ever since demon's souls.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151229133547.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151229133547.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>321924075
I found a USB.

I have a few outfits I like to play around in when I'm not doing bosses.
>>
File: waaahgh.gif (437 KB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
waaahgh.gif
437 KB, 245x118
>was already pretty satisfied with the weapons in the base game
>mfw all of the new weapons in The Old Hunters

Seriously, I don't think there's a single one I dislike.
>>
>>321926125
The Beast Cutter is underwhelming and the Boomhammer is just bad, which is such a shame, because those were the weapons I was most looking forward to.
>>
>>321922441
This is from a movie, if anybody was wondering.

Never Back Down
>>
>>321921383
Ludwig's Blade is called meme blade here.
>>
>>321928179
This post is called meme post here
>>
>>321925241
I like the idea of invasions on paper.
In practice they're just full of minmaxing wankers. If you're into high level PvP good for you, but it sucks that you can't do any sort of low level, casual PvP. I'd like to go through an area in a PvE build and get invaded once or twice with a foe I have a chance of beating.
But instead you just stay hollow because there's literally no point in being human and you gain nothing from invasions.

I thought Bloodborne would be a good answer to this, but then blood gems ruined it in the same way. If you want to PvP you have to REALLY PvP, you can't just have the odd invasion now and then.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.