[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (327 KB, 952x1064) Image search: [Google]
file.png
327 KB, 952x1064
fuck everything
>>
Well at least he's not with Konami anymore.
>>
>>321912416
What's wrong with him leaving the shithole that is modern Konami and joining a company that still makes video games?
>>
>>321912826
he didn't join Kojima
>>
>>321912936

But imagine Dark Souls, with FOX ENGINE!
>>
>>321912936
Maybe bamco has the better paying job.
>>
Konami would've lost their shit if he joined Kojima.
>>
>>321912416
>architect behind the Fox Engine

Uh, what about Hideo Kojima, then? How was he involved with the creation of it? I thought Kojima made Fox Engine, or at least funded it.
>>
>>321912936
Honestly I'd rather have him at Bamco. They have tons of great franchises that would benefit greatly from his expertise while Kojima's team will probably make one game every few years.
>>
>>321912416
This is a food thing
>>
>>321912416
>Could he work on a Dark Souls follow-up?
From said they were done working with Bamco after DS3, so I'd say probably not.
>>
>>321913308
this desu

Kojimas Studio will make 1 game every 4 years, meanwhile bamco will probably be able to have him involved in several titles.

By the way, isn't Fox engine basically Konamis property? Would he even be allowed to develop on Fox engine?
>>
>>321913119
Except Dark Souls is over as of 3.

And From has a 3 game deal with Sony.
>>
>>321913183
They have no shit left to lose. Any sane developer is jumping ship from Konami, and some of them are taking their IPs back through reboots, like Igarashi.

If Kojima can create a 'spiritual successor' series to Silent Hill, he can still make those styles of games and Konami can't do shit about it.

I am really hoping that rumors of a Suikoden 6 are real. That's the only Konami IP i genuinely care about
>>
>>321913498
I'm sure he'll have to start from scratch.
>>
>>321913119
I wonder if people will be confused when DS3 is the last Souls game ever made and then they move onto something else instead of this annual release shit like Ass Creed. DS2 was a mistake, I think he is only making DS3 to fix what his terrible B-Team shit out and end the series on a high note.
>>
>>321913239
I think Kojima is more of a creative type (EG writing, level/boss design, director) than someone who creates the base code of game engines.
>>
>>321913239
Protip: When you chuck money at an engineer to make something for you, that does not also make you an engineer.

Kojima would've helped direct the creation of the engine, and maybe also designed some parts, but he is not the engineer that actually coded it.
>>
>>321913498
Fox engine is konamis
>>
>>321913774
>implying the next game won't be a dark, brooding action RPG with a stiff difficulty curve and an emphasis on exploration and environmental storytelling where you collect some substance from killing monsters that can be used as XP and currency and there are limited healing items

Face it, From's not going to go back to selling 100k Armored Core or Metal Wolf units after this
>>
>>321914303
>From's not going to go back to selling 100k Armored Core or Metal Wolf units after this

Its gonna make Enchanted Arms 2!
>>
>>321914303
Yes they will.
Miyazaki is an innovator, he likes to make new things. Dark Souls 3 wasn't Miyazakis choice. Development on the game started before Miyazaki became president and he only went back because he said when developing Bloodborne he realized how limited the possibilities within that game are due to its setting, so he wanted to work on Dark Souls 3, finish this one up and then develop new games and innovate again, with his team
>>
>>321914303

>Armored Souls
>collect reactor cores
>find rare and powerful mech components from legendary mech suits and their pilots

C'mon From, don't leave me hanging here.
>>
>>321912416
>white dude working for Konami
That must have been an interesting experience
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1024x768
>>321912936
>so senpai u want an ideas guy past his prime or a young non-mongoloid dude who actually put his own time into programming one of the best looking engines this gen?
>you: i'll take the old washed up ideas guy
Welcome to /v/, the board where all the anons are retarded and their posts don't matter.
>>
>>321914683
Mecha souls
>>
>>321912416
At least he got out and managed to find another great position. There's going to be a ton of people from old KojiPro and Konami as a whole who don't find jobs doing the same thing they were before.
>>
>>321912416
why is this bad?
Kojima is with Sony now so he doesn´t really relay on his help anymore.
Bandai however could profit from this joint venture immensely
>>
File: Ace-Combat-7_2015_12-05-15_003.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2320) Image search: [Google]
Ace-Combat-7_2015_12-05-15_003.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2320
Bamco is pretty good. They make a fuck-ton of vidya these days.
>>
>>321914775
>one of the best looking engines this gen?

This is bait. Fox engine doesn't look great. It pales in comparison to UE4 and every other engine nowadays. The only thing that Fox engine does well is performance, like how MGSV is able to run at 60 fps on console even though the graphics are decent
>>
File: concernedstalker.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
concernedstalker.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
>>321914303
>tfw no more Armored Core vidya
Verdict day left me with a taste for more with this time round being able to build giant Chromedog style mechs with plenty of dakka cannons. I want more titanic warmachines with lots of firepower goddamnit
>>
>>321915138

It reminds me of Source in this regard. It doesn't look mind blowingly good, but it looks very good considering it's designed to run on toasters, which makes 4K/high framerates easy.
>>
>architect behind fox engine
>started working for konami after the first fox engine game came out
>>
>>321912416
>Merceron
what a based fucking name.
>fox
Why not call it Merceron Engine and call it a day?

That being said I'm sad hes not part of Kojima.

And OP thank you for not giving a direct link but rather a screencap. Getting tired of all the clickbait bullshit.
>>
>>321914990
I'll take it. You can add many different mechanics to Souls games action based formula to make it different, like having mechs with different parts and multiple weapons at once that you can control, taking the whole souls gameplay into a bigger scale.

At the end of the day souls gameplay is simple action game stuff, like really basic, what makes it good is the enemy design and level design
>>
Fox Engine Idolm@ster
>>
>>321915057
Unreal Engine 4 looking so fucking dope man I need that in my mouth
>>
>>321915138
ヽ(´Д`)ノ what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
File: [email protected] (1 MB, 4247x2066) Image search: [Google]
idolm@ster.jpg
1 MB, 4247x2066
>>321915502
MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.
>>
>>321912826
Because he joined another shithole. It just so happens that its not as shitty as Konami.
>>
File: image_32.jpg (33 KB, 637x389) Image search: [Google]
image_32.jpg
33 KB, 637x389
>>321915724
>>
>>321916230
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Category:Games
>4 noteworthy games total
>of those 4, all 4 look worse graphically than MGSV
maybe stop sucking dick?
>>
>>321912416
Fox Engine Dragon Ball Z when?
>>
File: 31415.jpg (61 KB, 848x626) Image search: [Google]
31415.jpg
61 KB, 848x626
>>321915057
>ACE 7

man after that bomb that was assault horizon i'd never thought we'd see the day

Namco is such a based company
>Summer Lesson

Dear Lord, who art in heaven please bless Namco please allow at least this company to not make shitty decisions like so many of their competitors (Konami,Capcom,Square) please bless the creation of Tekken7, AC7, and summer lesson

in your name I pray

Amen.
>>
>>321915487
> 2015
> Still no pirate Souls.

Souls/Bloodborne, probably more Bloodborne since pirates used guns not shields, combat and level design (on land) with AC: Blag Flag style sailing and nautical exploration.

Story setup is easy, just steal from Pirates of the Caribian. Have some kind of cursed treasure that the Player accidently steals which curses them with eternal life until the treasure is returned. A system similar to Humanity where if you did you look like a walking corpse, but do more with it, maybe certain people will refuse to talk to you if you are not human looking.

Make it similar to a collectathon, where you need 100 Cursed Coins and they are spread out over the world, either at the end of challenging areas or given by bosses. With keys and other items allowing for Metroidvania style progression. To beat the game and fight the final boss you'd need to have done all (non secret) content (unlike Bloodborne where 50% was optional) but the order would be almost entirely up to the player.

Have lots of NPCs with quests and stuff, a few Covenants that are actually fleshed out as opposed to just one simple Grindy objective.

Loads of different weapons and fashion, as well as ship customisation: Different Hulls, weapons sails etc... for different stats and looking cool.

It would be the perfect game for From to make, something different (building all the sea stuff) but also building on what they've learned from the past 6 years of games (also garunteed hype/sales) in a very different setting.

> none of this will ever happen

Kill me now.
>>
>You will never be a skilled enough engine coder to join nip game companies
>>
>>321919380

>skilled coding
>nip companies

They do lots of really retarded shit with regularity like syncing physics with framerates, etc.
>>
File: 0615333.jpg (17 KB, 236x342) Image search: [Google]
0615333.jpg
17 KB, 236x342
>>321912416
>Next Tales game will use Fox Engine
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.