[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /v/, I don't know if this is the right board for this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: PC.jpg (275 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
275 KB, 640x427
Hello /v/, I don't know if this is the right board for this, but I am going to buy a new gaming computer. I already kind of decided what rig I want. I used a standard configuration from the local computer store, and upgraded a few things like RAM. I would like your opinion:

i5-6600 Skylake Quad-Core 3.3 GHz
Asus Z170-A motherboard
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
NVidia GeForce GTX970
480GB SSD Kingston HyperX Savage
ASUS DVD RW 24x DL
Cardreader (internal) USB 2.0
Coolermaster N400 case
Windows 10, Panda antivirus etc.
ASUS PB287Q - 28" - 3840x2160 (4K) - 1ms

Total price ready-to-play 1980 euros

Just want to know if you see anything wrong with this, or if you would change anything.
>>
>970
Laughed ťbh fåm
>>
>>321911296
The anon before me might actually be right, that's a very beefy monitor you're going with, a 970 probably won't be able to max out most demanding games
You'll also want a hdd to actually store things, 500gb isn't a lot
2k yuro funbucks is a lot though
>>
no

this isnt the board for that
>>
>>321912004
Hmm yes this was one of my concerns. Maybe I should downgrade to a common 1920x1080 monitor.

I have an external 1 TB HD.
>>
>4k monitor
>a single GTX 970

nope

>>321912185
1080p is good, 1440p is where the 980 likes to be at
>>
>>321911296
970 is for 1080p gaming

you will get like 30-40 fps running games in 4k on high
>>
overpriced
>>
/g/ is typically the place these things are discussed despite them claming not to be /techsupport/

Monitor is a little too big for a 970. Don't listen to these fags shitting on the 970 though its still a very solid card that can max just about any game at 1080p, but once you start getting into resolutions higher than 1920x1080 it can struggle to keep max settings.

Needs a bigger hard drive, at the VERY LEAST 1 tb. Can drop the SSD if you want to, all it does is lower loading times and boot times when games/OS is installed on it.

Drop windows 10, get 7. Windows 10 is nothing but glorified spyware from Microsoft, and even if you disable its spying it turns itself back on after a while, and is hardbaked into the OS so you can't entirely remove it.

Get rid of Panda, get a real anti-virus. If you are willing to pay for it, NOD32. If not, probably Avast or one of the other good free ones.

Way too much RAM for that machine, unless you are going to be doing heavy duty CPU tasks (meaning not games), you only need 8 gigs of ram, anything over that is over kill.

Dunno why the fuck you'd want a cardreader but hey thats your gig.

All I can think of. FYI, you are getting scalped with that price. 1980 euros is something like 3700ish USD, and this build could probably be custom built for somewhere between 1300-1500 USD by buying parts separately and assembling yourself.
>>
>>321912997
SSds are a godsent, no modern pc should lack one
>>
>>321912997
>1980 euros is something like 3700ish USD
>1 Euro equals
1.09 US Dollar
>>
>>321913426
Really? Huh.

I never noticed that. Last time I looked it was worth almost 2 USD
>>
Okay I'm gonna drop the 4K monitor for a 1080 one.

>>321912997
>/g/ is typically the place these things are discussed
Oh thanks. I didn't find that board. I'm literally always on /b/.

>Needs a bigger hard drive, at the VERY LEAST 1 tb
I have an external 1TB drive and when time comes I'll add another SSD drive. I'm just eager to buy a pc with no HD drive in it. Load times mean a lot to me, I'm impatient.

>Drop windows 10, get 7
>Get rid of Panda
Yeah I know but it comes standard with the pc at the store.

>Way too much RAM
Hm I'll consider it

>Dunno why the fuck you'd want a cardreader
Quick holiday photos uploading.

>you are getting scalped with that price. 1980 euros is something like 3700ish USD
Uh no it's 2200 USD but I get your point.

I know building my PC myself saves me money but I have a fulltime job so time is limited and money is not a big problem. I just don't like the hassle and frustration of building it myself.
>>
By the way woud I need a sound card?
>>
>$2200usd
>single 970
>not even a 980 ti

No
>>
>>321913867
It's never been more than 1.6 USD.
>>
>>321914087
Some online shops also do assembing for a fee like 50€, might be cheaper than the brick and mortar shop
>>
>>321914087
It takes you literally an hour to assemble a PC. Maybe 2 or 3 if you have no idea how PCs are built. Its like assembling legos these days, and if you seriously cannot figure out where the wires go when the ends are designed to fit in only one place, you can find a billion guides on it online on a separate computer or tablet or something.

Only big thing to never forget to do is turn the thing on without the cooling system installed above the CPU or that shit will quickly overheat and die.
>>
>>321914284
The onboard card is generally good enough unless you run high end stuff or do a lot of audio editing
>>
>>321911296
Also what's your psu
>>
>>321914087
I put your stuff (with the big monitor) in a german online store and came out at a little over 1800, with a good psu and a different case, but as expensive as yours. Also a Samsung 850 evo ssd since yours wasn't available. This was with assembly and installation, shipping is something like 10€
http://www.hardwareversand.de/pcconfigurator/meinpc/1371288
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.