[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that heirlooms destroyed WoW and its community?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: j6DbPkP.jpg (122 KB, 399x204) Image search: [Google]
j6DbPkP.jpg
122 KB, 399x204
Can we all agree that heirlooms destroyed WoW and its community?
>>
>>321896932
/v/ is flooded by Wrathbaby cucks so they will disagree but yea, end game focus is AIDS and heirlooms made it even worse
>>
No, cross real shit is what destroyed the community, and after that everything else was destroyed due to the abysmal community.
Mixing jews, niggers, muslims, mexicans in a hotpot doesn't work.
>>
They're ultimately quite inconsequential.

Indirect (TBC talents and mechanics weren't a big difference for most of the classes at any level, but come WotLK prot warriors are almost 1-shotting two mobs with Revenge cleave while literally being immune to physical damage non-elites would put out during Shield Block, for example) and direct (simply reducing the XP requirements, nerfing mobs and quests like removing elite quests in 2.3, and designing new content to be facerollable to such an extent you simply cannot fail - a trend started in WotLK) nerfs alone trivialized the content that heirlooms affect.

Of course, with heirlooms you are globalling the mobs, but it's not really a categorical difference compared to killing them during two globals, which is what you'd be doing without the heirlooms.
>>
I quit in the middle of Wrath

What was bad about heirlooms? Weren't they just equipment you could use from levels 1-Max that was slightly above average than what you could get from that level?
>>
>>321896932
Taking into account that blizzard stopped caring about the old content and much more since cata i think they don't really impact the game they just help you to level up fast because people only cares about end game content and nothing in between, quite sad indeed. Oh and it helps in low level pvp.
>>
>tfw you will never enjoy WoW pre-cata ever again

Private servers just don't do it for me

I haven't played since the newest raid in WoD but I can't imagine myself ever playing again
Feels bad
>>
you're all fucking wrong except for whoever said cross-realm shit. Keeping a good name for yourself on your server should mean something.

what killed wow is the easier accessibility into harder content and the attunement grinds.

People played more often and took part in the community because they wanted to have that awesome fucking tier 3 set from naxx or warglaives from Illidan.

Now everything is handed to you on a silver platter with lfr, flexi mode, garrisons, conquest points.

They should only have 1 difficulty for raids but the difficulty gets harder depending on the boss. (Im ignoring the fact they changed heroic to mythic here) 1st boss is normalish difficulty and half way through you hit heroic.

Also all dungeons should be hard as fuck (mythic dungeons are easy af) and require cc also you should actually have to use some cds on trash.
>>
>>321896932
No, they didn't.
>>
>>321896932
cross realm shit, dungeon finder teleporting you to the dungeons, flying mounts
>>
>>321898046
it scales so it is always the equivalent of a blue for that level, and some provide xp bonuses.

>>321899274
this guys gets most of what i was gonna post. you don't have to work that hard to be geared for content, which removes part of the journey. you don't even have to go into the WORLD, which is ironic.
>>
>>321896932
No, dungeon finder did
Then heirlooms and transmog destroyed it even further
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.